Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

1 minute ago, Jango said:

If the OHC will appear in cutscenes, it means no pre-rendered cinematics? :(

Possibly, but I'm fine with this.  They're super pretty and all but ultimately just movies you sit and watch, and the change in visual fidelity makes the overall experience less unified.

Just now, Detective Kaito said:

Now that I take another look, the character designs look a bit weird. Instead of the "anime-like" style that most Sonic characters have, the options we've seen in the trailer look a lot like something from the Sonic Boom cartoon.

Look out, world, Wild Cat is comin' at ya.

3 minutes ago, Eevee of the Everstone said:

Hey! I've waited years for a Create a Character mode in a Sonic game, I'm not going to let you lot drag my hype down!

Then... do that? But we're allowed to have different opinions, my guy.

Well...

Didn't want it, saw the designs and gear... little more open to it.

Again, all depends on how it's done.

Ooooooooooh boy this is going to be one HELL of a ride.

In this just announced gameplay style, players will be equipping their custom Hero Character with one of a variety of powerful unique gadgets called WisponsWisponsare an evolution of the Color Powers fromSonic Colors and double as both offensive abilities and as a way to platform through levels quickly.

The OC weaponized the wisps.

...So uh am I the only one thinking that's kinda fucked up? Let's take this peaceful species and turn them into Alien Bioweapons?

Heck why not throw in some Xenomorphs too, SEGA owns that IP too.

The grappling hook is a cool feature, it's a shame they don't understand that the most important feeling in a Sonic game is flow, so even the grappling hook, that should work WITH the flow of the game, stops you to a halt before you can actually hook it.

Great job guys, you really understand why Sonic's fun. 

How did these guys get Generations so right puzzles me.

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

Years? It hasn't been that long since people learned about the concept being in the game.

Years. People have always been talking about why they don't want a character creator to appear in a future title. It's always been one of those "surely they won't actually do it... right?" things. So yes, it really has been years that people have been actively not wanting this to be a thing. 

This is actually a lot better than I initially feared. The level design for them (and modern Sonic if they share the same style) is actually better than I expected.

Have higher hopes for the game than before. Heck I wonder if this style is even mandatory given how they play identically to Modern Sonic.

6 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Now that I take another look, the character designs look a bit weird. Instead of the "anime-like" style that most Sonic characters have, the options we've seen in the trailer look a lot like something from the Sonic Boom cartoon.

...I'm not sure what difference you're seeing between the two.