Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

9 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Sonic was shit for ages

Aside from three absolutely bad games, Sonic 06, Sonic Genesis and Free Riders, the more proper term is "too divisive for its own good".

• Thumbs Up 5

7 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

That you have to dig for old, obscure third party spinoffs on a console basically no one played compared to relatively recent main series releases and well hyped spinoff continuities shows exactly why the responses are different.

The Mario rehash platformers and so-so sports games, not to mention the forgettable DS Zeldas.

5 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Here's my friend. He's a recovered addict. His well-mannered demeanor and clothing that please you so are the result of his recognition of his physiologically-destructive drug habits and months of hard rehabilitation.

I figured you needed to know that.

I think kind of clunky to compare a video game franchise that exists ultimately to profit off of us to an actual person trying to stabilize their life.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

Other than a few Sonic Fans. Who the fuck cares if it's a spin off title? It still damages the brand.

That's why I admitted to it being a grave misconception.

26 minutes ago, pppp said:

Like some people said before in this thread, they don't know what the hell they're doing, who the hell is this game even trying to appeal to exactly?

Why can't we just get a focused 3D Sonic game that picks a fucking direction and sticks with it that tries to appeal to 3D Sonic fans.

I guess since now Tax and Stealth got the classic stuff covered, we're gonna have to wait till SEGA hires the creators of Sonic Utopia and Green Hill Paradise to make a proper 3D Sonic game that actually knows what the fuck it wants to be.

Sonic Team clearly can't make that.

Deviantart & Tumblr. Sonic Team knows.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

By this logic, the Sonic racing spinoffs and such should be held to the same standards as the main series. Which is just ridiculous.

That would help the brand, since those games are actually good, you know?

Sonic Boom may be a spin-off, a tie in, but we Sonic fans know that. The other gamers just saw an awful game with the Sonic brand slapped on it, and guess what, it reminded them of a MAIN game in the franchise that came out some years earlier, and made them believe that the Sonic brand didn't move forward in any way, that it was still bad.

Forces has an OC creator thing, how good is this going to look? I know I really don't like it, those OCs look as bad as can be. 

Besides that, between ALL the features and improvements that Generations needed, an OC creator?

REALLY?!

Bludshot the hedgehog can actually become a canon character now. What a time to be alive.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, It's a Very Merry Miru said:

The Mario rehash platformers and so-so sports games, not to mention the forgettable DS Zeldas.

And people acknowledge these. Part of the reasons BotW has been so well received is because it feels genuinely fresh after the 3D Zelda formula had started becoming stale.

Difference is that neither Mario nor Zelda have fundamentally fucked themselves up nearly as hard as Sonic has.

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I honestly don't know what kind of point you're trying to make with this.

The point is that Sonic 06 hasn't literally been relevant in ages in terms of design, even if it was the turning point in regards to how Sonic games came to be styled and developed from that point on. You could argue the same with Rise of Lyric to a degree since, despite it being a 3D game, Sonic Team didn't make it.

People say Sonic became bad again. Okay. That means he was good at some point. And the weird allusions to a game that wasn't anywhere near Sonic Team's modus operandi aside from "Don't do it like this" still persisted during that period when it was far more kosher to act like Colors was like Galaxy levels of brilliance. It's not particularly quality journalism, mainly because it doesn't really happen to other franchises- and other subjects in general (film, television, people, etc.) during the times their redemption games come out after some.

No one gave a shit about Sunshine when Galaxy was coming out. No one gave a shit about the CDI games when Link's Awakening was coming out. But I'm supposed to be constantly reminded of a game that hasn't been relevant either.

Why? Because it's fact? Yes. It is a fact. Sonic 06 was bad. And my friend is a recovered addict.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Ah, finally, something for me to be negative about.

Oh boy, NOW the fourms are gonna be innsufferable.

Laughing at the reactions that will come from this, I cant wait.

All the same, glad Sonic will continue to have a personality

• Thumbs Up 8

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Ah, good.

Y'all can suffer.

I'm pretty sure this will be his last game, given his recent interactions with the Sonic fandom. 

Just now, It's a Very Merry Miru said:

I'm pretty sure this will be his last game, given his recent interactions with the Sonic fandom. 

Recent interactions? 

Just now, Operationgamer17 said:

Recent interactions? 

At one point, one of this pair said that they didn't want to discuss Sonic anymore. And a bunch of SA3 people have hassled them in the recent past.