Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Will there at least be an option to diverse from 'skinny Felix' build so the characters can truly look different.

What about Big or Storm bulks? Actually if they had those we might be able to make Bark.

I can't wait to play as Bumper Face the Hedgehog

NhowrWq.png

3 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

I bet you a dime to a dollar it's mandatory.

Based on the gameplay, you'll have to be either Nathan Drake or Indiana Jones.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Strong Guy said:

Of course it's mandatory are you kidding me

Why wouldn't it be mandatory, these guys don't want to waste time developing a part of the game most people won't even use. So, forcing it is the best option.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I'm sure they were aware of the concept ages ago. It just took time for the series to rot enough and for the developers to become desperate enough that they could convince themselves it wasn't an awful, embarrassing idea.

I truly hate that this theory seems so plausible given everything that's happened.

2 minutes ago, Marcello said:

There were some rumors about Ian Flynn writing.

You know now that his schedule has freed up he might be availible for the next one.

Spoiler

too soon?

• Thumbs Up 1

If Tails were playable instead then the grappling hook would be redundant, unless his flight stopped working for some reason.

Although it'd be cool if he had his arm cannon from Battle, that was cool.

Just now, Mayor D said:

I can't wait to play as Bumper Face the Hedgehog

NhowrWq.png

At least it's a different looking mouth from the norm. There's SOME sign there could be diverse template options.

So the character creator is a thing. I remember saying it back in march because of the "Join the Resistance" slogan :P

2 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

Will there at least be an option to diverse from 'skinny Felix' build so the characters can truly look different. What about Big or Storm bulks?

Of course not you silly goose. Anything that isn't Sonic-like in appearance clearly isn't based on speed, and thus is inherently bad. Why else would noone like Big or Storm?

Spoiler

/sarcasm

Then watch how outraged the fans will be, when the story requires the new character to sacrifice themselves in the end, wiping them out of existence

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

At least it's a different looking mouth from the norm. There's SOME sign there could be diverse template options.

That's not mouth options... that's headgear/hats.

1 minute ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

If Tails were playable instead then the grappling hook would be redundant, unless his flight stopped working for some reason.

Although it'd be cool if he had his arm cannon from Battle, that was cool.

Tails doesn't fucking fly anymore because he's the genius. So giving him a bunch of gadgets at this point on his lifespan ironically makes sense.

On top of that though, the grappling hook has infinite aerial time so long as you're in range of objects that can be targeted, and it's faster than his flight is anyway.

• Thumbs Up 5

Dub it's mandatory but now I'm a bit more excited for this game.  but going forward I'd prefer to keep the character in the future like xenoverse

Just now, Mayor D said:

That's not mouth options... that's headgear/hats.

Think they're talking about the mouth on the model there.

6 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

He is talking about the actual bumpers that you can wear in your head.

So have we talked about how the music in the hero gameplay vid sounds like it came from the Saturn era?

• Thumbs Up 1

Unlockable accessories are pretty much inevitable here. Would they go as far as unlockable species/classes or (dare I say it) DLC? 

• Thumbs Up 1

OK, guys, it took me a while, but I think I've got the premise for Forces figured out.

Eggman found Sonic Team's Sonic bible and wrote a new law in it that allowed him to steal all of the the Chaos Emeralds at the start of this game. Eggman then used them to birth seven Hedgehogs of the Apocalypse, based on past events in the series; in a way to ensure his grip over the world:

Sonic the Black Edgehog
Sonic the Final Fantasy
Sonic the Werewolf
Sonic the Swordsman
Sonic the Spiderhog
Sonic the Kinect Hoverboard
Sonic the Sportstape

However, Eggman realized that he needed one more Hedgehog of the Apocalypse have enough power in order to have full control over the world, but he was unsure of what to do because there were only seven Chaos Emeralds. Then he remembered he still had the fake Chaos Emerald Tails made from Sonic Adventure 2, and used it to create an eighth and final Hedgehog of the Apocalypse: Sonic the Fancharacter.

tumblr_o10fvk33iv1v53vrbo1_400.gif

Did I get it right?

the character creation idea is hilariously questionable at best and a recipe for a disaster at worst and I have no reason to give Sonic Team the benefit of the doubt they will execute this well in light of the above aforementioned "lolwut" ideas. especially while this game is also juggling modern Sonic, classic Sonic, and Wisps into this game as it is.

and if you're jumping on a pedestal to get mad at anyone not approaching this game in a vacuum and/or not being happy about it...lol

anyway that's all I got to say okthxbye loveyassmb ifyouneedmei'llbechillinginthemaniathreadandsinging"nearermygodtothee"forazoosmodmembership

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, Soniman said:

As a budding writer/creator, I give Pontaff props for putting up with this and not feeling discouraged. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 2.04.27 PM.png

This is actually a shitty way of saying "I didn't like your writing in previous games". Stop that.

• Thumbs Up 9

If they do DLC for more character options when they didn't do level DLC after the fact for Generations, I'm gonna laugh my ass off.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Soniman said:

As a budding writer/creator, I give Pontaff props for putting up with this and not feeling discouraged. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 2.04.27 PM.png

Lol. That Hamlock dude is me btw.

• Thumbs Up 2