Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

4 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

This is actually a shitty way of saying "I didn't like your writing in previous games". Stop that.

Okay I'm not exactly a fan of Pontaff's usual writing style, but I agree that's just plain horrid.

Some Sonic fans are disturbing. Allegedly Jason Griffith got death threats after he replaced Ryan Drummond in the games.

If they do DLC for more character options when they didn't do level DLC after the fact for Generations, I'm gonna laugh my ass off.

If it's character packs for existing characters it wouldn't be as outrageous. I'm sure plenty would accept templates to play as Knuckles or Tails or Amy again, even with that fact in mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

Death threats are off limits. Saying your work is shit is not.

• Thumbs Up 6

To be fair basically any sufficiently large group of humans is bound to have people like that.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Unlockable accessories are pretty much inevitable here. Would they go as far as unlockable species/classes or (dare I say it) DLC? 

I think you answered your own question already

1 minute ago, Nepenthe said:

Death threats are off limits. Saying your work is shit is not.

Yeah, but at least try to be constructive and impersonal about it instead of just insulting them. Stuff like 'Ease up on the meta gags this time' I could accept, not 'You're gonna make this game utter shit then'.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

If it's character packs for existing characters it wouldn't be as outrageous. I'm sure plenty would accept templates to play as Knuckles or Tails or Amy again, even with that fact in mind.

The only way this wouldn't be awkward as hell is if they edited the cut scenes and dialogue to potentially accommodate for the player suddenly using an established canon character.

Honestly, I'd rather they not do that.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, MudHunter said:

More good news!!!!!!!

Their only plot that was praised by general audiences(back when it came out at least) was Colors, then people were meh on Generations, Lost World's was polarising, Shattered Crystal was universally panned, and let's face it, Fire and Ice's writing only turned out OK cause of the show's writers stepping in.

How many times do them need to displease most people before SEGA realises what they're doing is not working? I know Pontaff still have fans, but most Sonic fans got sick of them by this point.

SEGA continues to show that they're the most incompetent company in gaming, not the worst of course, but I at least get the feeling Ubisoft could please their older fans if they wanted to.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

Yeah, but at least try to be constructive and impersonal about it instead of just insulting them. Stuff like 'Ease up on the meta gags this time' I could accept, not 'You're gonna make this game utter shit then'.

No one is like this with Sonic Team, who gets far, far worse criticism than Pontaff will ever muster.

I'm not saying it's ideal, especially as an artist myself. Just that people aren't obligated to give constructive critique. That, and after years of shitting on Sonic Team and their work, right down to knocking on Iizuka's teeth, I don't see why people are suddenly drawing a line in the sand for people calling out Pontaff's writing as shit.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, Gabe said:

OK, guys, it took me a while, but I think I've got the premise for Forces figured out.

Eggman found Sonic Team's Sonic bible and wrote a new law in it that allowed him to steal all of the the Chaos Emeralds at the start of this game. Eggman then used them to birth seven Hedgehogs of the Apocalypse, based on past events in the series; in a way to ensure his grip over the world:

Sonic the Black Edgehog
Sonic the Final Fantasy
Sonic the Werewolf
Sonic the Swordsman
Sonic the Spiderhog
Sonic the Kinect Hoverboard
Sonic the Sportstape

However, Eggman realized that he needed one more Hedgehog of the Apocalypse have enough power in order to have full control over the world, but he was unsure of what to do because there were only seven Chaos Emeralds. Then he remembered he still had the fake Chaos Emerald Tails made from Sonic Adventure 2, and used it to create an eighth and final Hedgehog of the Apocalypse: Sonic the Fancharacter.

tumblr_o10fvk33iv1v53vrbo1_400.gif

Did I get it right?

Hide contents

the character creation idea is hilariously questionable at best and a recipe for a disaster at worst and I have no reason to give Sonic Team the benefit of the doubt they will execute this well in light of the above aforementioned "lolwut" ideas. especially while this game is also juggling modern Sonic, classic Sonic, and Wisps into this game as it is.

and if you're jumping on a pedestal to get mad at anyone not approaching this game in a vacuum and/or not being happy about it...lol

anyway that's all I got to say okthxbye loveyassmb ifyouneedmei'llbechillinginthemaniathreadandsinging"nearermygodtothee"forazoosmodmembership

Sonic the Fire Emblem Awakening... 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Nepenthe said:

No one is like this with Sonic Team, who gets far, far worse criticism than Pontaff will ever muster.

I'm not saying it's ideal, especially as an artist myself. Just that after years of shitting on Sonic Team and their work, right down to knocking on Iizuka's teeth, I don't see why people are suddenly drawing a line in the sand for people calling out Pontaff's writing as shit.

Do people actually directly bring hate mail and slander to other members of Sonic Team's personal accounts and locations though? I know there was the Griffith example but otherwise I don't know who else they directly contact to harass this way instead of just complaining on boards or generic Sonic Team sites that are moderated by someone outside of the team.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, pppp said:

How many times do them need to displease most people before SEGA realises what they're doing is not working?

That's just kind of how this series works anymore.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ah, Pontaff... Well, they were better in Fire and ice, so we'll see......

Okay, one question I have.... So, depending on what animal you pick, you get special abilities.
Then you can customize it with an outfit and gadgets, to get more special abilities.

....So, why in the @%(*#% are Wisps still necesairy if you can already get special abilities on 2 seperate occasions already?

• Thumbs Up 6

It goes without saying that there's no thread on NeoGAF about Forces character creator. People really don't care about this game anymore, and are going to shit on it as soon as they find out.

Nice move Sonic Team.

EDIT: Oh sorry there it is, it must've flown out of the first 4 pages for a while.

2 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

It goes without saying that there's no thread on NeoGAF about Forces character creator. People really don't care about this game anymore, and are going to shit on it as soon as they find out.

Nice move Sonic Team.

Um, there is tho http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1374891 And there actually are people who are into that idea.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, E-122-Psi said:

Do people actually directly bring hate mail and slander to other members of Sonic Team's personal accounts and locations though? I know there was the Griffith example but otherwise I don't know who else they directly contact to harass this way instead of just complaining on boards or generic Sonic Team sites that are moderated by someone outside of the team.

Probably not, but that's only because they don't have advertised public accounts from what I've seen. People do do it on official channels, which I guarantee you they're probably privy to. They know about the jokes, memes, and general feelings towards their most hated games. They're not stupid.

Regardless, shitting on someone off their personal account doesn't make it okay just because they might not see it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some people here need to know that not everyone dislikes or likes the same thing as you, and they are not crazy for thinking that.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Bobnik said:

Just now, Operationgamer17 said:

I found it and I edited my post, it wasn't in the first 4 pages at the moment of my post so I assumed there wasn't one since new announcements are usually in the first two pages.

I want this character creation thing to not be restricted to just males naked, females leotard, strict SegaSonic style. I would much rather see this as more in the style of LittleBigPlanet, where it didn't matter if you were a sackboy/girl, you had access to all of the options. So lets say that I want my male oc to wear pants or a sports bra, or my female oc to run around in a non-aerodynamic dress. It's going to really suck if they put a ton of restrictions or not have a lot of options outside of gadgets, because that just destroys creativity in a fandom who I've seen create a wide variety of creative fan characters.

3 minutes ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Ah, Pontaff... Well, they were better in Fire and ice, so we'll see......

Okay, one question I have.... So, depending on what animal you pick, you get special abilities.
Then you can customize it with an outfit and gadgets, to get more special abilities.

....So, why in the @%(*#% are Wisps still necesairy if you can already get special abilities on 2 seperate occasions already?

Nothing wrong with more variety of it fits. Burst looked pretty fun to use at least 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, pppp said:

let's face it, Fire and Ice's writing only turned out OK cause of the show's writers stepping in.

The Boom writers didn't help on F&I actually, that was just a rumour because it was better.

I don't particularly like their writing and I know it's bound to have some assholes on Twitter, but how about we stay above and are not those assholes ourselves, aight?

• Thumbs Up 3

It's probably that only Modern Sonic can use Wisps. If they expand them to everyone in every circumstance it's gonna be a clusterfuck of redundant design rules.

3 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

I found it and I edited my post, it wasn't in the first 4 pages at the moment of my post so I assumed there wasn't one since new announcements are usually in the first two pages.

Basing a games worth on a neogaf article posting.  wow

• Thumbs Up 4