Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Just now, E-122-Psi said:

Do people actually directly bring hate mail and slander to other members of Sonic Team's personal accounts and locations though? I know there was the Griffith example but otherwise I don't know who else they directly contact to harass this way instead of just complaining on boards or generic Sonic Team sites that are moderated by someone outside of the team.

I'd be absolutely shocked if they didn't get hate mail.

But most of it is probably in languages they can't read. I wonder if they put some of it through translators and have a good laugh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Nepenthe said:

It's probably that only Modern Sonic can use Wisps. If they expand them to everyone in every circumstance it's gonna be a clusterfuck of redundant design rules.

They could just use the same designs as Sonic like they did in Sonic Runners. In that game, everyone could use wisps and they all used the same sprites/model when they transformed.

20 minutes ago, Soniman said:

As a budding writer/creator, I give Pontaff props for putting up with this and not feeling discouraged. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 2.04.27 PM.png

While I think baldy mc nosehair is overblown. 

People not liking a writer... and being disappointing when that writer is writing something they like... is fine. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Celestia said:

I'd be absolutely shocked if they didn't get hate mail.

Japanese people can be brutal too.

570.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

Also, saw this on Neogaf:

3wOTM5y.png

At least one thing is constant: Sonic Meme team is savage. :D 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Kinda funny thing in one of the official screenshots:

YmkopcU.jpg

The cable is coming out of the character's arm instead of the gun part.

Also, saw this on Neogaf:

3wOTM5y.png

Looks more like Oswald's edgy cousin. :P

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

Basing a games worth on a neogaf article posting.  wow

It's not like it's a very populated general gaming forum where great part of the "hardcore" gamers roam.

At least the Wisps look like they work how they did in the Nintendo DS Colors/ 3ds Generations, so that's a relief...Looks more fluent and smooth then the Stop-Go momentum breakers in the Colors Wii/ Generations HD versions.

And now I'm wondering what did this have to do with the concept art Webber teased yesterday? That never went anywhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Detective Kaito said:

They could just use the same designs as Sonic like they did in Sonic Runners. In that game, everyone could use wisps and they all used the same sprites/model when they transformed.

The thing is, Sonic Runners is a game where every character acts more or less the same, so throwing Wisps on Sonic is the same as throwing a Wisp on Tails. Forces is toting three different characters with three different gameplay styles. Wisps augment Sonic's ways of getting around a level. Most times, they do so at the expense of other abilities he had or previous level design obstacles and gimmicks that fulfilled the same purpose. At some point, the Wisps become redundant unless Sonic Team can instead figure out a way to make the more context-specific and outside the realm of what the characters should reasonably be able to do.

But that would require competency not being displayed here.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Japanese people can be brutal too.

Yeah, but from what I gather Sonic isn't as popular there. Seems fair to assume most of whatever harassment they get is in English.

Just now, Roger_van_der_weide said:

And now I'm wondering what did this have to do with the concept art Webber teased yesterday? That never went anywhere.

C_9W5xSVoAArZWv.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Well yeah it's not supposed to be coming from the gun.

Kl78qsc.png

Oh. Well, there's still no web shooter in the game and it's coming from the character's palm instead of wrist... :x

Just now, Roger_van_der_weide said:

At least the Wisps look like they work how they did in the Nintendo DS Colors/ 3ds Generations, so that's a relief...Looks more fluent and smooth then the Stop-Go momentum breakers in the Colors Wii/ Generations HD versions.

C_9W5xSVoAArZWv.jpg

Well, this is the full concept art.

EDIT: Ninja'd. lol

Just now, Celestia said:

Yeah, but from what I gather Sonic isn't as popular there. Seems fair to assume most of whatever harassment they get is in English.

C_9W5xSVoAArZWv.jpg

Ohh, derp. Missed that.

Thanks.

24 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

The Boom writers didn't help on F&I actually, that was just a rumour because it was better.

Actually the credits say otherwise:

• Thumbs Up 6

Looks a bit like Attack on Titan without the swords. I can hear the theme song in my head right now. 

11 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Dio! I said bring me pictures of Spiderman! Not Clark Kent Wolf Man!

Those glasses really are fucking massive, aren't they? They're so doofy, I kinda love them. 

Really it is comforting that the design sensibility seems to be leaning on goofy cartoony Sonic-style for the OCs rather than edgy-Naruto-DBZ style. It leaves me wondering if Park Avenue is the only stage that looks as fucked as it does.

I do think at least that Sonic Boom might have been helpful to their writing at least. While Lost World's story was messy, I think it had semblances of good things, Sonic and Tails being flawed for the first time in ages, more chemistry between the two, it just lacked direction, from what I remember they admitted they hadn't even studied the franchise and universe that much beforehand. While Sonic Boom is a different interpretation, it does feel a bit like what they wanted to aim for in places, and like experience on both medias may help them get a tighter grasp of their own take on the franchise. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hooo dogy! This was quite the surprise I woke up to today!

Untitled.png.1e215c125c88bcc87214db0eb032eea5.png

Is this real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Never would I had expected a OC Maker to be a reality someday for this series when I first started following it in the early 90s… It’s so… surreal, like I’m in some strange dream.

To be fair I can see this being something many people will enjoy. More then enough Sonic fans have at least thought about making their own Sonic OCs at some point… I can see why the idea sounded good on paper to Sonic Team, even if it’s something NOBODY really asked for. Welllll…. I suppose I like this better then a game with 3 Sonics in it at least… But my goodness I wish they could had just used the current extended cast in someway like Sonic Runners did... “Except without a wheel of misfortune.” 

I don’t have much confidence that It’ll let me fully recreate my fave characters correctly… Looking like I may still have to mod this game on PC if I want playable Blaze anytime again in my life…. Speaking of mods, I look forward to how modders will deal with this game! The OC Maker will be getting many add-ons from the community I’m sure. Maybe they can also fix those awful Classic Sonic levels while they are at it. I dono… Maybe I’ll enjoy the OC Maker… Still don’t think it was the best idea. Would had been better in a game where you could make your own levels too, LittleBigSonic anybody?

I kinda get the feeling Sonic Team wants this OC Maker to be the future of the series in some form. Didn’t they say something about this new character ties the series past, present and future together? …..What even is this series anymore? Regardless of that. If this game sells great… Yall know what Sonic Team/Sega will think that means, and what the results will be from it. Get ready for more future Sonic games where your OC is the main character.

And I’ll say this right now. Bye to the Sonic fans who will be leaving the series soon because of this game. Because it’s already happening. However I can easily see this OC Maker maybe being appealing enough to a new fan base that‘ll replace all who‘ll be gone. Who knows.

• Thumbs Up 1

The description for the birds' ability makes me think of how you "double jump" to fly as Tails in the classics (i.e. you press it a bunch of times to keep going up).

What are the odds it's exactly that

1 minute ago, Nepenthe said:

You know what's also bad about the character creator? The shitty species-exclusive abilities. 

None of these really have any thematic meaning to the species they're attached to. Only the bird makes sense, and barely. Shouldn't the bird be able to fly?

Yeah they seem like abilities that could just be attached to the character. Like in Generations when you bought abilities from the shop