Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

I assume the bear's power is because it's supposed to be strong but yeah it's basically just arbitrary otherwise.

Also flight is way too complicated an ability for Sonic Team to account for.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly...I was expecting to hate the absolute fuck out of this concept.

But surprisingly, I'm not. Well, not as much as I thought I would. It's still stupid they're going through this much effort to not let the other older characters be playable, but even tho the custom character is part of the story, it looks like they're more the player's avatar in the game.

And Pontaff are back...I'm actually sticking to my guns and giving them a chance for this one as it's a completely different kind of story compared to the bland Generations and the more haphazard Lost World. Colors was the only story they were involved in that I'd say they did decently on, but now they're writing for a much more intense and darker direction. I hope they pull it off and make it well this time.

• Thumbs Up 9

Just now, Celestia said:

The description for the birds' ability makes me think of how you "double jump" to fly as Tails in the classics.

What are the odds it's exactly that

I want to slap someone.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

You know what's also bad about the character creator? The shitty species-exclusive abilities. 

None of these really have any thematic meaning to the species they're attached to. Only the bird makes sense, and barely. Shouldn't the bird be able to fly?

Well, I think the bear "blowing enemies away" thing kinda makes sense, considering they hit like trucks.

I don't want to go too much with Forces and Xenoverse having many thing in common, but the race abilities in Xenoverse were still useless and many people mostly went for what they liked the most.

6 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

You know what's also bad about the character creator? The shitty species-exclusive abilities. 

None of these really have any thematic meaning to the species they're attached to. Only the bird makes sense, and barely. Shouldn't the bird be able to fly?

Designing levels around six different character with wildly diffrent abilities for the player to choose would be a mess I assume 

...They don't have to be wildly different abilities that would be hard to design around to fit the species??

8 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Birds don't have wings in Sonic, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Designing levels around six different character with wildly diffrent abilities for the player to choose would be a mess I assume 

It was fine when the advance games did it.

The Advance games were 2D and not automated to hell and back. How many holes would they have to plug to stop a character from flying into some gimmick at an angle they didn't intend?

• Thumbs Up 2

So the problem is their shitty level design? Which means it still goes back to it being well within their control?

14 minutes ago, Celestia said:

The description for the birds' ability makes me think of how you "double jump" to fly as Tails in the classics (i.e. you press it a bunch of times to keep going up).

What are the odds it's exactly that

Unlikely because they actually just call it a double jump instead of flight...

9 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

*Bear -> brute strenght
*Bird -> hovering/flying
*Cat -> 9 lives mythos
*Dog -> collector of trinkets
*Hedgehog -> just like Sonic
*Rabbit -> his own foot luck mythos
*Wolf -> hunter predator

They're loose, but i can see them.

Honestly the actual descriptions don't really synch up your explanation to me still. They still come off random and you'd have to really grasp at straws to make the conclusions you did 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Depression Kong said:

s͚̻ͤ̀̈́ͧ͒ͭͬ̀O̢͔̝̲̘͚͈͎̱ͩ͌̈ͯ̾̅̄ņ̧̟̝͖̞̟͆͑̏̿͌͋̔̒I͐ͦ̓҉̯̱̲̳̬̘̩c̩͕ͣ̀̍ ̙̮̟͓̺̐͋H̬̰̻̳̫̗͇̓̿̄ͩȁ͚̲̬͍̫̟̎ͭ̃͐͗ͩ͋͛͠S̵͙̼͖̯̖̫̮̓͛͊ ̧̨̮̘̥̠̱̟̫ͫ̓͑̒̀ḣ̢͍̠ͦ́̀͑A̭̭ͩ͐̄ͪ̒͜d̛͕͈̗̒̎͐͊̄̇̾̓̌͞ ̤̭̦̳̞̥̭̤̟̈̑́͌͑͟I̐̈́̐͋ͪ͏̧̘͘t̶̪̤͇ͨ̐̚͜ ̸͍̲̘̼͍̳̖̱͔͒͂́ͨͬ͆R̗̠̥͑̚͢ǒ̸̦̦̰͓̲̭̼̜̰̉̿ͫ̾̀͢U̢͖̠̟̱̯̥̹̺ͦ̈́̎̏͑̆̄̒̕ͅg͎͖̞̖̙̈́ͥ͑H̢͕̘̬ͬ̉̊͒̔̑͊͌͘͞ ̹̣̥ͨ̅̍͌͋̊͋͢t̔ͫ̐҉̤͓H̘̬̻̗ͧͫͤ̊͛ę̼͙͙̮̟̔S̸̱̖͇͍ͤͨ͌͑ͅe̱̦̘̾̅̆ͬ̒̔ͅ ̺̊P̹̊͛͂̅̽́͡a̸̰͓͇̿́͊̇̂͂̆̕S̴͎̺̳̋̊̍̑͋͗͜ţ̷̧̫͈̖̜̙ͤ̾̃̅̎ͅ ̛̩̘͋ͮ̆͛ͪ̽ͪF̣̭͎͙̦̺̂̃͂͠ė̲͕͉̇̄ͮͦ̉̊́W̤̠͙̼̥͈̖̻ͮͩ̎͋̍͂̀ ̻͔̻̜͔̺͒͒́͆͗͂̒̇́Yͨͫͬͣ҉̨͍͎͙͔͚̀ḙ̷̝̬̞̟̑̑̍͗Ȁ̛̞̺̻ͧ͛̚͘ṛ̝̱̙͔̩͂̆͑ͯ̋͠S̸̭̗͙͋̉ͨ̈̀

What I don't understand is that many of these journalists are perfectly capable of writing genuine, sophisticated and unbiased articles about video games. So why is it that whenever Sonic is the subject, they suddenly start acting like children and seem incapable of going one paragraph without reminding you "hey guys '06 and rise of lyric hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha a r e w e f u n n y y e t"

Lets see...

Probably because SEGA openly admits to the failures and makes it part of their marketing campaigns nowadays?

Hur hur, yeah! We totally sucked then! 06 is hailareeous! lol memememememe!!

Not to mention it's playing off the weakness of the company to where it somehow magically insures the franchise maintains a direction that opposes whatever it was 06 and previous titles before that were going for.

It's like pointing a finger and saying "Nah uh! Don't get too serious now young man!" like some overbearing mother.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Operationgamer17 said:

GameXplain discussion with TailsChannel.

Geez, the still frame used for that thumbnail makes both Modern and Classic Sonic look derpy as butts.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

Geez, the still frame used for that thumbnail makes both Modern and Classic Sonic look derpy as butts.

It makes him look clinically depressed.

Though no wonder.

I think we all noticed that the Custom Character's stage was almost exactly the same as Sonic's stage but with extra stuff in it. This makes me think that your character will go through the same stages as Modern Sonic.

Maybe the player avatar is like the missions in Generations? I can't imagine they'd make you play the exact same level twice in normal story gameplay. This'd all be easier to know if we could actually get a full playthrough of Modern or Avi's levels.

16 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

GameXplain discussion with TailsChannel.

Why does modern Sonic look so sad in that thumbnail? Poor guy has to fake a smile.

• Thumbs Up 1