Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

1 minute ago, Nepenthe said:

I skip on plenty of games that are better than what Forces is looking to shape up to be. I don't like to play car sims like Forza because I don't like the focus on realistic driving, so I don't buy them. I'm outright terrible at all fighting games, so I don't buy them. I don't really care for MOBAs as a genre as a whole, so I don't buy them. I can still admire these games from afar. I can say that Forza is clearly the best car sim out now and its arcade-y offshoot Horizon adds some welcome lightheartedness to the proceedings, that Killer Instinct is an incredible fighting game in aesthetics, music, mechanics, and overall hype factor, and that StarCraft has undoubtedly earned its reputation as an intense e-sport that boasts some of the most technically accomplished players in the genre.

But I'm not obligated to buy any of them just because they're good.

I never said you were. You're also not obligated not to buy them. The concept of obligation is irrelevant and I'm honestly confused why you brought it up. 

As for myself, the only reason I'll be buying this at full price is because I'll be reviewing it. Otherwise I'd wait for a sale, because I agree, the developer insecurity definitely knocks it down significantly. 

3 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

*lies before you

I thought it said "lies", but the singer has bit of a case of "engrish" :V

6 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

I never said you were. You're also not obligated not to buy them. The concept of obligation is irrelevant and I'm honestly confused why you brought it up. 

People tend to frame the question of "Why would you skip buying a game for x reason?" as if the reason itself needs to be summarily satisfactory to opting out of buying it, implying that people are in anyway obligated to give games the time of day otherwise. If you already know that I can choose to not buy a game for any reason personal to me, then the very question itself serves to either be completely redundant or to indirectly criticize my reasoning for choosing not to buy a game. If the latter is true, I would just rather someone tell me that not liking the character creator as an idea within Forces' context nor its implications for the franchise as a whole is a stupid reason to not buy Forces than asking why I and others don't want to wait for the gameplay to reveal itself to be bad. Because again, any given title's gameplay doesn't need to be bad for people to not buy it in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jango said:

I thought it said "lies", but the singer has bit of a case of "engrish" :V

More hints that the songs will be Persona5ed, Japanese singing in English.

Seriously, Atlus is helping this game

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

How about not telling me to play a game I don't want to play? 

Lol than do play it. I mean don't

24 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Dude, you're totally missing the point here.

That's what I want to know though. I mean sure I like shadow but I don't need him to feel justified to saying they are needed to make the game good and how a oc creator hurts anyone

EDit: I honestly think people had kh3 expectations of sonic games these days. It's just not happening. Sure I'm probably just some old sonic fam that actually grew up with the series from its start but I also just enjoy seeing the character around for my 28 year old life. Sure I'll nitpick the game when it's need but an of creator still is far from a reason. A bad ost. A bad bug or glitch  or no news are bad reasons. But so far this game is looking decent at least not expecting some ffxv  hyped up type of game

5 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

More hints that the songs will be Persona5ed, Japanese singing in English.

Seriously, Atlus is helping this game

I don't mind, tho', always fun times to sing-a-long:

maxresdefault.jpg

BTW, the OC's level is the same as Modern Sonic's, so why is the music completely different in style and genre?

Just now, Nepenthe said:

No one said either of the bolded.

People have said that the character creator has no reason for existence in light of Sega having an extended cast to use for the same exact gameplay. If anything, given the extremely limited abilities of the different animal bases, I honestly would rather use the other characters in their places. Who honestly cares about extra invincibility frames or keeping a single ring when you get hit when we have practical Saiyans and ninjas and telekinetics and shit?

Lol that said I'm sure people were begging to play swallow it vector. I say give it a chance.

4 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

What

W-What game is that

Probably the dumb mission in Generations where you have to keep hitting a music note back to Vector.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Probably the dumb mission in Generations where you have to keep hitting a music note back to Vector.

Aaaaaaaaand that's it, I'm done for the day everyone, have a great night I'll clock in early tomorrow to make up for the lost hours

• Thumbs Up 9

12 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

What

W-What game is that

Haha I almost wrecked my car laughing in parking lot I meant or not it

16 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

giphy.gif

No one is asking for KH3.

We're asking for a scaled back Sonic Adventure with fewer characters and a single gameplay style. Or if SA1 is too loaded a term, just a basic 3D action-adventure platformer with some proper rolling in it and maybe the ability to call on Tails to fly Sonic around. 

That's it.

That's literally it.

Those were the dreamcast hey days. You want that then spam that you them downvote videos.  group up. Cause atm Sega doesn't want ting back to that just yet

Segas always been a company to try new things. Sometimes they work others they don't. Aka boom. But at least they try instead of falling into a niche for 28 years. . Granted have all things paid off?. Hell no. But it's honestly been fun just to be around this ling with them. I'll be sad they day they retire sonic if ever

SEGA could've tried to innovate within the existing formulas, but that's not happening.

They're not even really trying to improve/change up the Boost formula, it's still basically the same thing it was 9 years ago.

• Thumbs Up 3

Again, I'm totally cool and hyped for the CaC and I'm fine with anyone who isn't.

You know, I wouldn't mind if Forces was a full 3D Adventure styled game with Classic replaced an actual member of the cast and at the same having that custom character implemented in there.

But it sounds too good.

26 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Haha I almost wrecked my car laughing in parking lot I meant or not it

You were on your phone in this site while driving? Not safe dude.

• Thumbs Up 5

If the other characters got any representation at all in that character creator thing I can bet it'd be something where the creators unnecessarily do more work than needed. 

Like instead of using the models of the characters that are already in the game and going "You can select that to play as instead of a fan-sculpted abomination" they'd instead do the Mario and Sonic thing where they, on top of designing the actual character models, they also design a bunch of suits of the characters for your mii, or in this case your Fur-mii, to wear.

So when you're running around the burning city in Park Avenue, you'll look like you've just horrifically torn off and worn the skin of one of the existing Sonic characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

SEGA could've tried to innovate within the existing formulas, but that's not happening.

They're not even really trying to improve/change up the Boost formula, it's still basically the same thing it was 9 years ago.

It's Sega. The company well remember pso2 stateside yea same Sega haha

2 minutes ago, Dee Dude said:

Again, I'm totally cool and hyped for the CaC and I'm fine with anyone who isn't.

You were on your phone in this site while driving? Not safe dude.

I was in the parking lot lol. I do not drive down the highway and use this lol

28 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

giphy.gif

OK, did I miss something? I was only half paying attention.

4 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

"swallow it vector" sounds like a fun game 

Oh, it's only the sex joke? I caught that, but I remembered that mission having a weird name.

• Thumbs Up 1