Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

tails had better not be the actual villain in this game i swear to god

> how to make sonic forces even worse 

• Thumbs Up 6

15 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Nah man fucking do it, turn Forces into the ultimate shitshow, it'll be funny.

You're saying this like it somehow already isn't the ultimate shitshow :V

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Nah man fucking do it, turn Forces into the ultimate shitshow, it'll be funny.

sonicforces5.16610.jpg

What could possibly go wrong?

• Thumbs Up 5

Said it a while back, but I think a decent way to make Tails an antagonist for this game would be if Eggman used his experience from his and the Deadly Six's mind-control attempts from Colors and Lost World to succeed in capturing Tails and brainwashing him into his accomplice. It would show Eggman learning from past mistakes (especially given how both attempts ultimately went nowhere) and would be a more plausible setup as to explaining how Eggman was able to finally conquer the planet compared to past attempts in the previous games. Maybe not the most novel idea, but it could be an effective one.

With that said, however, I don't expect the writing in this game to be that aware / interested in past continuity, or clever enough to convincingly pull it off.

• Thumbs Up 7

15 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

"I'll show you not to trust Eggman over me."

I swear, if this actually ends up being the game's setup, it's gonna make the House of Cards arc look like Shakespeare by comparison.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Writer's Blah said:

I swear, if this actually ends up being the game's setup, it's gonna make the House of Cards arc look like Shakespeare by comparison.

I would honestly throw all pretense out the window and buy the game off of something this fucking hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 8

Eggman only being able to take over the world entirely through a combination of Tails's intelligence and Sonic's negligence fits how they write all 3 of those characters now pretty well

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Just look at this post and take it all in as this music plays... you'll see it's not impossible... It's inevitable. 

• Thumbs Up 4

51 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

DON'T, SONIC TEAM WILL TAKE NOTE AND ACTUALLY DO IT, YOU BONEHEADS!

It's not like the story's gonna be good or important anyway, why not go crazy with it?

• Thumbs Up 1

It's hard to say for sure - an alternative possible reading is that the structure of the story is being created in Japan, and Pontac and Graff are being allowed to write the specifics - but them just handling the localisation makes the most sense, I think.

For my part, I would genuinely prefer a bonkers story to a mediocre one; I'd rather the story fail through trying too hard than fail through not trying at all.  Evil Tails?  Bring it on; if he's been brainwashed or something, I wouldn't even mind.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, RubyEclipse said:

We felt that Shadow wasn't really an "Evil" character through and through, so Chaotic Neutral made more sense for this post. ;)

I would like to ask if the thought has come to mind as to whether poking fun at being serious and/or edgy could be detrimental for Sonic Forces reputation and/or sales since the game is selling itself on being these very things SEGA's media outlets mock for publicity...

Just a curious thing I've been pondering lately. Of course it's one thing to poke fun at past titles that used these to their advantage, but when you have a new product in the works and currently being advertised as using such tones/directions as a proposed high point of the title...

Just seems like dangerous promotion to me.

24 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I would like to ask if the thought has come to mind as to whether poking fun at being serious and/or edgy could be detrimental for Sonic Forces reputation and/or sales since the game is selling itself on being these very things SEGA's media outlets mock for publicity...

Just a curious thing I've been pondering lately. Of course it's one thing to poke fun at past titles that used these to their advantage, but when you have a new product in the works and currently being advertised as using such tones/directions as a proposed high point of the title...

Just seems like dangerous promotion to me.

Or, considering the player is in control of the custom character, Mr. Webber just correctly assumed all of us are inherently evil bastards when it comes to playing games.
As soon as we'll get the chance to, say, throw Omochao out of a space airlock, off he'll go.
At least in my case.
If given the chance, I'll earn my Edgey Evil credentials in no time. MWaHahahahahahaha.

Orrrrrr.... The twitter was making a double reference to the Custom characters AND the return of weapons at the same time. Hmm.

As for promotion, I would assume Sega might get away with it if they show a sense of humor alongside the Dark Edgey imagary....And good gameplay helps, if that would be availeble.

So, giving it a little more thought, here's some baseless speculation on my end. What if Pontac and Graff were trying to build up to this from the start? What if their intention was to introduce us to the new characterizations with Colors, showing off what bros Sonic and Tails are with each other, softly reintroducing the rest of the cast with Generations, building up the tension between Sonic, Tails, and Eggman in Lost World, and is now culminating with Tails straight up playing traitor to Sonic in Forces? I'm not saying it would suddenly make the writing of these last few games good by any stretch, but what if they actually had a long-term plan going into this?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Writer's Blah said:

So, giving it a little more thought, here's some baseless speculation on my end. What if Pontac and Graff were trying to build up to this from the start? What if their intention was to introduce us to the new characterizations with Colors, showing off what bros Sonic and Tails are with each other, softly reintroducing the rest of the cast with Generations, building up the tension between Sonic, Tails, and Eggman in Lost World, and is now culminating with Tails straight up playing traitor to Sonic in Forces? I'm not saying it would suddenly make the writing of these last few games good by any stretch, but what if they actually had a long-term plan going into this?

You mean, Tails was evil the whole time? Wha...??

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

If anything I'm willing to bet that he's probably being Sonic's mole and trying to get useful intel on eggman so that the rest of the team can bring him down.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Writer's Blah said:

...but what if they actually had a long-term plan going into this?

Anything positive towards those 2 is fine by me, but long-term plans from more comedy based writers? Doesn't seem likely.

1 minute ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Guys, they teased us with a Tails boss fight in 2 of the 3 last main games. I don't need another tease.

Ehhhh...

Kind of too typical in my opinion. The sidekick turned rival/nemesis schtick is a little old.

Sounds like a bad DC/Marvel comic.