Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Well, we still don't know pretty much anything on the role of Sonic's friends. The fact that they communicate with Sonic during the levels brings me back to Sonic Heroes and that's a good thing. Even if some lines might be annoying, I reaaly like that kind of friendly chatter about the game's events, it helps fit the gameplay into the story -and that seems to be the goal, going by Nakamura Shun's words!-.

• Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

How did I spitball a better game idea than Sonic Team

It seemed like a logical conclusion evolution based on gimmicks from the past few games.... The character assist partners side missions from Generations. The buddy system from Lost World and Runners...And then just have the partner character follow Sonic around like Tails does in the classic games. But nope, SonicTeam was like... "Forget that! Lets do something new and out of nowhere that nearly nobody asked for." I remembering thinking the partner idea was good myself too.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Dee Dude said:

Don't be suprised, everyone practically does it.

Pretty much, but we don't know how to make a game out of that, no?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Joseph Mello said:

Japanese culture/traditions is a general detriment to Sonic Team and their games in my opinion.

Seniority plays a stronger role than profitability...

I just wish we could have Sonic Team get the same "new" treatment they're doing with Whitehead and his team. You can only take seniority into consideration so much until you realize how badly it's killing you off by not having fresh employees swapping with the old.

5 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Neither do Sonic Team. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

Japanese culture/traditions is a general detriment to Sonic Team and their games in my opinion.

Seniority plays a stronger role than profitability...

I just wish we could have Sonic Team get the same "new" treatment they're doing with Whitehead and his team. You can only take seniority into consideration so much until you realize how badly it's killing you off by not having fresh employees swapping with the old.

Okay, what's up with your grudge against Japan?

Even I have a few problems with it's culture, but still, that doesn't make sense!

• Thumbs Up 6

10 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Okay, what's up with your grudge against Japan?

Even I have a few problems with it's culture, but still, that doesn't make sense!

No grudge. It's a principal thing they have, cultural in a way. Seniority tends to be a highly respected role and in some cases like Sonic Team it can seem blinding.

Don't make mountains out of molehills.

Yeah, this whole "it's Japanese culture's fault!" is a load'a shite when you consider Yakuza, Puyo Puyo, and to an extent Project DIVA are all fine and dandy. Look across to Nintendo too; JP company, but they're killin' it right now. 

Their culture as a whole is fine to me. Love their style of games. Just saying when it comes to seniority matters, they seem to allow some to stick around ala Sonic Team for too long out of respect.

I admire that respect, but it's a shame in this case as well.

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

No grudge. It's a principal thing they have, cultural in a way. Seniority tends to be a highly respected role and in some cases like Sonic Team it can seem blinding.

Don't make mountains out of molehills.

It's more that you're guaranteed to complain about Japan in some way on nearly every page of this thread, I swear. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Tracker_TD said:

It's more that you're guaranteed to complain about Japan in some way on nearly every page of this thread, I swear. 

Read the rest of my post.

I also haven't brought up Japan in an argument in quite some time. And in this instance, it's in a much more different manner. I'm intending no disrespect.

Nice that you love throwing a punch though. I'll take it.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

I also haven't brought up Japan in an argument in quite some time. And in this instance, it's in a much more different manner. I'm intending no disrespect.

And in this instance, it also makes just as little sense. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So yeah, before this goes further down the rabbit hole of racial stereotyping, let's drop this tangent, please and thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Diogenes said:

No I'm pretty sure you've brought it up in a way that makes no sense and has nothing to do with the current conversation before.

I'll admit I've discussed it. Been quite some time though. I'm only stating what I think the issue might be.

2 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

And in this instance, it also makes just as little sense. 

I'm glad you're sharing your thoughts. I won't argue against it.

The Tvtropes page just got a bunch of entries saying Eggman won because he brought Classic Sonic into the present day (meaning he wasn't around to stop him in the past). Was this actually confirmed anywhere or is it just some people being trigger happy with speculation?

1 minute ago, Amalgamous said:

Was this actually confirmed anywhere or is it just some people being trigger happy with speculation?

What do you think?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Amalgamous said:

The Tvtropes page just got a bunch of entries saying Eggman won because he brought Classic Sonic into the present day (meaning he wasn't around to stop him in the past). Was this actually confirmed anywhere or is it just some people being trigger happy with speculation?

Nintendo Direct said that Classic Sonic is from an alter dimension and was sent to Modern Sonic's world by Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 4

So the classic games really are in an alternate dimension. Lord give me strength.

• Thumbs Up 4

9 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

So the classic games really are in an alternate dimension. Lord give me strength.

Classic Sonic's age makes sense now :P not really

latest?cb=20110712192116

But what about Generations? Classic Sonic is from the past... Is the Classic Sonic from Forces not the same as Classic Sonic from Generations?

Why this sounds like a Kingdom Hearts game?

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

A idea that came to my mind. While true SEGA might had just changed their minds after Generations where classic Sonic is from.... But hear me out. After modern Sonic meet classic Sonic in Generations, what if this created a alternate timeline which is basically a separate dimension now? Because if you think about it... Before Generations modern Sonic doesn't remember having had meet his future self when he was his younger self far as we know. Meaning Eggman messing with time and space could had created multiple different timelines. If you watch Dragonball super then you'd have seen this idea before not long ago.

But the more likely answer Sonic Team just changed their minds and want to keep classic Sonic as a alternate universe in the same way as Sonic Boom.

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

But what about Generations? Classic Sonic is from the past... Is the Classic Sonic from Forces not the same as Classic Sonic from Generations?

We've already apparently got a "Dreamcast" AND a "Modern" Sonic according to some. Might as well go for broke and have two LITERALLY identical Classic Sonic's kicking about about too. :lol:

Now waiting for the 30th Anniversary with 5 Sonic's meeting up!

• Thumbs Up 5