Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

For a new level aesthetic, I am hoping there will be an area where it's a bright day but everything is devasted and in ruins. I always wanted that from a Sonic game. Park Avenue is sort of like Crisis City really.

4 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

No I mean Chao aren't in any way like emojis and Sega's never bringing them back and also there's nothing to "capitalize on" because everyone hates emojis and there's no financial gain from them

Chao are known for their cute expressions and that's enough for Sega to try and milk it. I could see Sega stooping to that. 

8 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

I've said it before, but I'd like for each character to have their own story, so that you don't have to constantly switch between playstyles. I'm pretty sure Classic and Modern will have their own unique stages, but I'm not so sure about the Custom Character. They share Park Avenue with Modern Sonic so they might have the same stages as him but with slight alterations to them, kinda like the different teams in Sonic Heroes. But that might be the only example of them sharing stages because that's most likely where the two meet and sharing the stage just makes since. I'm really hoping that the third character gets their own stages, but who knows. More stuff will likely be shown at E3, so I'll wait till then.

I'm under the impression we'll be playing every level in order of the story, so yeah it's SA2 style once again. I think it makes the most sense considering the 'join Sonic!!!'' angle they're going for. It wouldn't make much sense if your  custom character had to be played completely independently of Sonic. 

Just now, Paaaaaaaa said:

I'm under the impression we'll be playing every level in order of the story, so yeah it's SA2 style once again. I think it makes the most sense considering the 'join Sonic!!!'' angle they're going for. It wouldn't make much sense if your  custom character had to be played completely independently of Sonic. 

I have seen it mentioned before.

I would prefer Modern/Classic to have their own story and for the Custom Character to be an optional story all its own, meaning you can play the entirety of the game without ever touching the Custom Character.

5 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Reading the initial reactions in this thread is kinda funny. Time changes things. 

except my opinion is still the same on the game 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, blazefan519 said:

I've said it before, but I'd like for each character to have their own story, so that you don't have to constantly switch between playstyles. I'm pretty sure Classic and Modern will have their own unique stages, but I'm not so sure about the Custom Character. They share Park Avenue with Modern Sonic so they might have the same stages as him but with slight alterations to them, kinda like the different teams in Sonic Heroes. But that might be the only example of them sharing stages because that's most likely where the two meet and sharing the stage just makes since. I'm really hoping that the third character gets their own stages, but who knows. More stuff will likely be shown at E3, so I'll wait till then.

I'm kind of hoping for this as well. Separate story modes for each and instances where the stories intertwine ala Sonic Adventure. 

Im hoping Green Hill (or whatever they're calling it) will be classic Sonic only as I can't see a reason why the other 2 characters would need to be there and it's looking like Park Avenue will be probably be all 3 characters which is okay but I hope for 3 unique storylines with unique levels for each. 

My 2nd choice would be a SA2 style story mode. 

I thought I saw in the "character creator" screen during one of the trailers an option that says "to world map" which makes me wonder if there'll be hub worlds. 

I guess we'll see 

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

Here's a thing:

Whoa, that was unexpected.

Yep, people die in this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

Here's a thing:

Technically this isn't correct, as Unleashed was E10+ too. Last 12+ Sonic I recall was, bizarrely, Rush Adventure. 

Rush Adventure got its rating of PEGI 12 for bad language - Marine says "bugger" and "knackered", which are bad words out here in the UK. It did eventually get changed to PEGI 3 sometime later though. http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=sonic+rush

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Here's a thing:

Technically this isn't correct, as Unleashed was E10+ too. Last 12+ Sonic I recall was, bizarrely, Rush Adventure. 

I highly doubt it means anything at all. The fire and ruined city themes probably pushed it up. Even without the rating that's pretty much where most games have been at.

3 hours ago, Diogenes said:

I don't think Classic Sonic is meant to come from an alternate dimension. The Nintendo Direct only says he's an "alternate version" of Sonic, which describes a younger version well enough.

And if it was an alternate dimension Sonic, what would Eggman have gained by bringing him here? If it's time travel it makes enough sense, he gets X amount of time to take over the world and cement himself as its ruler without Sonic's interference, but pulling one from another dimension just seems to double his problems.

it's another game about potential time travel and such, it's always a mess and making sense of it just gives one a migrane.

6 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Here's a thing:

Uh...

ILDv1yT.jpg

Unleashed was E10.

latest?cb=20090327144423

Black Knight was E10.

slw_box_art.jpg

Lost World was also E10.

EDIT: And 06 was E10 as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Sky The Destroyer said:

Uh...

ILDv1yT.jpg

Unleashed was E10.

latest?cb=20090327144423

Black Knight was E10.

slw_box_art.jpg

Lost World was also E10.

Don't you know? All Sonic games between Sonic 06 and now don't exist.

• Thumbs Up 9

1 minute ago, Sky The Destroyer said:

Uh...

ILDv1yT.jpg

Unleashed was E10.

latest?cb=20090327144423

Black Knight was E10.

slw_box_art.jpg

Lost World was also E10.

Equating it with an E10+ was probably not the tweeter's best move; out of those games, only SATBK was also a 12+ as is apparently the case with Forces.

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, SenEDDtor Missile said:

Don't you know? All Sonic games between Sonic 06 and now don't exist.

You know, it's sad how it tends to be true how often they make a game only to want to forget about it right after.

Characters will swear confirmed

Is weird that what is E+10 could be both PEGI +7 and 12+ .. I think that there is a huge difference between Rush Adventure and ShadowTH. Fire Emblem Echoes and Street Fighter are +12. Heck, Persona Q is rated +12!

Of course it's a high rating.

Classic Sonic is a womanizer and he constantly swears too.

That's why Sega always cuts his dialogue. 

• Thumbs Up 5

5 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Characters will swear confirmed

SSMB would never recover

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Of course it's a high rating.

Classic Sonic is a womanizer and he constantly swears too.

That's why Sega always cuts his dialogue. 

Wasn't that Eggman? He was...that first thing, so his constant presence should have every game at this rate.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Wasn't that Eggman? He was...that first thing, so his constant presence should have every game at this rate.

No, Eggman is a feminist acording to Heroes manual! :P

• Thumbs Up 2

47 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Here's a thing:

Hmmm...the only Sonic games that got a Pegi +12 ratings were Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06 and Sonic and The Black Knight (If I remember correctly).

Either they really meant it when they said Adventure tone or destroyed cities are not suitable for kids under 12 :P

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

He's both. Anything is possible in fiction.

17 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Well duh. he tortures/enslaves/kills regardless of gender. He's all about equality!