Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, Joseph Mello said:

No, Eggman is a feminist acording to Heroes manual! :P

Actually, that was a mistranslation. The original Japanese manual said that he was a Womanizer. Either way, ew.

So another E10 game, huh? Well figured as much. If Lost World could get it, than this game can.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, blazefan519 said:

Actually, that was a mistranslation. The original Japanese manual said that he was a Womanizer. Either way, ew.

So another E10 game, huh? Well figured as much. If Lost World could get it, than this game can.

I know that's why I put ":P"

So this game could have a 12-year old getting shot by a gun, a hedgehog shot by a laser, cursing, a king sliced by a hedgehog, and a mad scientist wanting to strangle someone... What next, a 8-year old fox getting killed? ...That's actually nothing new.

• Thumbs Up 4

They could have the world blowed up and actually stick to their guns about it...

The wusses.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

They could have the world blowed up and actually stick to their guns about it...

The wusses.

Wait... Do we know all of the weapons we can use in the game besides the flamethrower?.... Wait... WAIT.

OH NO.

Welp at least if guns are in they will be cartoony, since they are wisp.... ons.

1 minute ago, Joseph Mello said:

Wait... Do we know all of the weapons we can use in the game besides the flamethrower?.... Wait... WAIT.

OH NO.

Welp at least if guns are in they will be cartoony, since they are wisp.... ons.

They did say that there were customizable weapons so...

it's possible

28 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

OH NO.

Something to point out...

Sonic HIMSELF isn't using weapons...

I fail to see why limitations are necessary that being the case. I'm not saying go hyper real in design and such but to hell with "cartoony or don't exist!!" mindsets. For crumps sake the franchise is as far off from any kind of realism as you can get save the pixar-esque city location shown in Forces so far.

Can't we give it a rest yet? Shadow and 06 were how many years ago now? If something isn't overpoweringly cartoon-ish I don't see it as a problem being in Sonic at all. I'm not saying hyper-realism is needing but something closer to realistic is more than welcome at this point.

Hell, the badniks in Generations had an excellent example of more realistic enemies/weaponry designs and it worked.

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

Something to point out...

Sonic HIMSELF isn't using weapons...

I fail to see why limitations are necessary that being the case. I'm not saying go hyper real in design and such but to hell with "cartoony or don't exist!!" mindsets. For crumps sake the franchise is as far off from any kind of realism as you can get save the pixar-esque city location shown in Forces so far.

Can't we give it a rest yet? Shadow and 06 were how many years ago now? If something isn't overpoweringly cartoon-ish I don't see it as a problem being in Sonic at all. I'm not saying hyper-realism is needing but something closer to realistic is more than welcome at this point.

Hell, the badniks in Generations had an excellent example of more realistic enemies/weaponry designs and it worked.

I'm just joking, I don't care if realistic guns are in the game...

But everyone else does. :rolleyes:

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

I'm just joking, I don't care if realistic guns are in the game...

But everyone else does. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying go pin-point realistic with them but things like Ratchet and Clank level should be just fine. That way you're not ludicrously wacky and at the same time have a descent amout of wow factor nonetheless.

I'll take anything that's cooler than the squeaky toy badniks and gumball shots that littered Lost World.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

Here's a thing:

Technically this isn't correct, as Unleashed was E10+ too. Last 12+ Sonic I recall was, bizarrely, Rush Adventure. 

did anyone think it would be rated anything BUT E10+?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, blueblur98 said:

did anyone think it would be rated anything BUT E10+?

Maybe folks are surprised it's not rated

342096.gif

Felt like where we were headed for a good while.

whenever i made forces boxart i always put E10+ on the art.

just kinda seems like the kinda game that would be rated E10+ with the destruction and stuff

TBH it would be kinda funny to see a game with big robots that tower over the main character have an eC rating

2 hours ago, Josh said:

I realized that seconds after posting but was hoping yall would let it slide, damn

Haha, owned.

I actually thought most of the Sonic games after Shadow were E10, but I guess only a few were. Still, doubt it'll be for anything too major. If it were somehow rated T, then I'd be worried. But I think we're good.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, JezMM said:

Okay I know this was a page ago and no longer relevant but I can't let it stand if you were actually suggesting they got the idea from Sonic.  These are the four playable characters from Super Mario Bros. 2 with their same abilities from that game and said game predates Sonic 1 by two years.  C'mon.

I imagined they got the idea from realizing having four characters who play completely differently is a terrible idea in most cases and knowing having four of them running around in the same space would functionally be a disaster. 

anigif_enhanced-29290-1408464200-3.gif

Holy crap, I think I've figured out what Forces is trying to do.

Think about this...

You know how in Pokemon you have certain ones that you just can't leave behind in past entries? You give them nicknames, earn them ribbons and badges...

And as the series continues you have to keep playing the new games so you can transfer your Pokemon to them and keep having new experiences with them, keep earning them ribbons and badges...

They're like your friends, your family to some folks who go deep enough.

Forces is trying to do this exact same thing with the Custom Character concept.

They want you to insert yourself and/or insert your friend/family character into the game, and they want you to be dedicated to the game and the franchise because some part of you is now in it.

And in all other games, you won't picture yourself as Sonic even when you're playing as him anymore, but rather you will picture you're playing as your Custom Character from Forces.

So if they keep using Custom Character creation in future entries, you can essentially "transfer" your character to new games by recreating it, and if the feature is not present, you will repeatedly picture your character over Sonic in every game, so you form a new kind of bond/link with the franchise.

You have to play every future entry whether the Character Creator is present or not just so you can play as your character, or picture it over Sonic, and keep having new experiences with yourself and/or your friend/family character in place of Sonic.

Consumers will no longer recognize the character as Sonic anymore even if only he is playable, they will remember Forces and simply use their minds to slap their character over Sonic while playing.

And if the Custom Character does return, there you go.

Exactly the same as Pokemon albeit in a much more convoluted/twisted way.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, Paaaaaaaa said:

I imagined they got the idea from realizing having four characters who play completely differently is a terrible idea in most cases and knowing having four of them running around in the same space would functionally be a disaster. 

How could they realize that? Nintendo's main series games don't have games where multiple characters play too differently...

20 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

anigif_enhanced-29290-1408464200-3.gif

Holy crap, I think I've figured out what Forces is trying to do.

Think about this...

You know how in Pokemon you have certain ones that you just can't leave behind in past entries? You give them nicknames, earn them ribbons and badges...

And as the series continues you have to keep playing the new games so you can transfer your Pokemon to them and keep having new experiences with them, keep earning them ribbons and badges...

They're like your friends, your family to some folks who go deep enough.

Forces is trying to do this exact same thing with the Custom Character concept.

They want you to insert yourself and/or insert your friend/family character into the game, and they want you to be dedicated to the game and the franchise because some part of you is now in it.

And in all other games, you won't picture yourself as Sonic even when you're playing as him anymore, but rather you will picture you're playing as your Custom Character from Forces.

So if they keep using Custom Character creation in future entries, you can essentially "transfer" your character to new games by recreating it, and if the feature is not present, you will repeatedly picture your character over Sonic in every game, so you form a new kind of bond/link with the franchise.

You have to play every future entry whether the Character Creator is present or not just so you can play as your character, or picture it over Sonic, and keep having new experiences with yourself and/or your friend/family character in place of Sonic.

Consumers will no longer recognize the character as Sonic anymore even if only he is playable, they will remember Forces and simply use their minds to slap their character over Sonic while playing.

And if the Custom Character does return, there you go.

Exactly the same as Pokemon albeit in a much more convoluted/twisted way.

I'd like to know what on earth makes you think they are trying to do this...the CaC is nothing like a pokemon.

Then again I wouldn't be surprised at this point if they did this in the future, just wanna say this is one of the craziest ideas I've seen you post as of late.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Alienrun said:

I'd like to know what on earth makes you think they are trying to do this...the CaC is nothing like a pokemon.

Then again I wouldn't be surprised at this point if they did this in the future, just wanna say this is one of the craziest ideas I've seen you post as of late.

Why thank you!

1373419818546.gif

I'm just diving into the psyche of some of the more "unique" fans in the market as well as fans of other franchises that would be likely to have this kind of mindset after toying with the Character Creator and spending enough time with Forces.

It's mad, but brilliant really. Subconscious manipulation so with or without your Custom Character you consistently picture it in future entries thus enticing you to buy whatever titles follow Forces.

"I have to play as Sonic again...? No... I'll use my imagination! It's my (insertnamehere) character from Forces! Gotta buy and play!"

It's an extraordinary long shot and of course not likely their intention but I can see many, MANY consumers doing this after spending time with Forces in future titles.

Just now, Diogenes said:

That doesn't make any sense at all.

Which is exactly why it's probably true.

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, Diogenes said:

That doesn't make any sense at all.

Just spend some time thinking about it.

You make your own character, and if you can do it in future games, you keep buying them to keep inserting your character.

And if you can't and HAVE to play as Sonic, be it solo or what have you, then the player will picture their Custom Character over Sonic basically.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

Just spend some time thinking about it.

You make your own character, and if you can do it in future games, you keep buying them to keep inserting your character.

This seems more like something you'd want for an MMO really.