Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

10 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Did anybody notice the World Map option in the Sonic Forces custom hero trailer, when they are showing the various custom hero options?

Possible hub worlds? 

I still don't think they'd call it a world map if it was a hub.

I'm just saying it just looks like their bringing it back, since the last game that had it was Sonic Unleashed.

On 5/28/2017 at 9:28 PM, blazefan519 said:

So how about we talk about wispons and how the different wisps could be used in Forces. We already know that Burst is basically more jumps while having an AOE radius, pretty similar to its original form, but more spontaneous and no charge time. Laser seems a bit obvious, just let's you shoot lasers, but what about the other wisps? Would Drill let you dig through the ground or will your arm cannon become a drill and we go full on Gurren Lagann?

I honestly like what I've seen of the wispons so far, since they seem to be instantaneous instead of stopping the pace like it did in Colors, Generations, and Lost World. Hopefully that continues with the other wisps. Also. we still have no idea if Modern and Classic will have access to the other wisps. We see Modern have to use Boost Wisps, but that's all. Classic used wisps in Generations, but that might have only been a one time thing as it was only limited to Planet Wisp. I'm personally hoping that Modern only has the Boost wisps,Classic remains with no wisps, and the Custom Character gets the other wisps.

Given how badly received they were last time, I can't see them creating any new Wisps. I could also see Rhythm being dropped. But I think that Bomb's use should be obvious. Same with Lightning. And the robot, is it based on a Japanese Spider Crab? Don't think Modern will use other Wisps, except maybe as little brief boost enhancements.

12 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Did anybody notice the World Map option in the Sonic Forces custom hero trailer, when they are showing the various custom hero options?

It's more likely something similar to SA2's and Colors' world map, than a hub world. I'd like to be proven wrong, but that's what makes the most since as of now.

1 hour ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Given how badly received they were last time, I can't see them creating any new Wisps. I could also see Rhythm being dropped. But I think that Bomb's use should be obvious. Same with Lightning. And the robot, is it based on a Japanese Spider Crab? Don't think Modern will use other Wisps, except maybe as little brief boost enhancements.

I never said anything about new wisps. There's too much of them as is, so the amount we have now is fine. Rhythm was possibly the most useless thing I've seen in Sonic ever, so it being dropped wouldn't be a big deal. I'm hoping Modern just has boost wisps, so that way there won't be any interruptions in gameplay.

20 hours ago, Acoolsonicfan said:

Does anybody else think that each character will fight their own death egg robot as a boss? There's been three of them shown in the trailer so far and there's 3 playable characters.

I don't know... I doubt they would give the Death Egg robots THAT much prime-time. Not too sure how they would go about making the fights unique enough to be worth fighting three different times. They're pretty clunky things.

They're great for background wow-factors and maybe a single boss fight but I think asides making stages look epic and stuff I... Don't think they will be that prominent when it comes to actually fighting them yourself.

I'm honestly a bit envious regarding Mania. It looks great. It's everything a Classic Sonic fan could want. Even I'm looking forward to it.

But Forces on the other hand... I'll still like it, of course, but as a Modern Sonic fan, I can't say it's everything I want. I don't really want two other gameplay styles. Gens Classic was boring and he doesn't look much better. That OC creator looks good but it's apparently like Sonic Colors, and I don't like Sonic Colors. Bunch of 2D gameplay again.

Bleh. I dunno. Envious probably isn't the right word, I just wish I was getting a game I could be 100% positive about too, y'know?

• Thumbs Up 8

3 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Forces is a jack of all trades and master of none. In fact, it's a failure on just about every front, even though it's trying to appease virtually every faceat of the fandom. 

I don't know about that...

It will be a pretty spot-on master when it comes to the boost game play itself. It's just the stage layout and enemy placement/incompetency that's more the issue I think when it comes to Modern Sonic.

As far as the Custom thing... Lackluster customization that could use more depth but the game play itself does look fairly solid. Just as with Modern it's more an issue of layout and enemy placement/incompetency.

Classic...

We've got Mania so I don't really feel like complaining about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

I'm honestly a bit envious regarding Mania. It looks great. It's everything a Classic Sonic fan could want. Even I'm looking forward to it.

But Forces on the other hand... I'll still like it, of course, but as a Modern Sonic fan, I can't say it's everything I want. I don't really want two other gameplay styles. Gens Classic was boring and he doesn't look much better. That OC creator looks good but it's apparently like Sonic Colors, and I don't like Sonic Colors. Bunch of 2D gameplay again.

Bleh. I dunno. Envious probably isn't the right word, I just wish I was getting a game I could be 100% positive about too, y'know?

Yep, pretty much sums up my thoughts on it all too. Mania isn't really my cup of tea. I can see why others like it, but the game wasn't made for me, y'know. So, I've been waiting for that Sonic game that's made for me and whenever a new one comes out, there's always something that's attached that doesn't need to be there. Unleashed was Werehog. Colors was 2D. Generations was Classic Sonic. And now Forces has 2 other things. I can't say anything on the CaC because we've only seen part of one stage for it, but I know that Classic Sonic will just be a bore again. Unless that supposed "new element" they're adding to it is game changing (which it won't because Sonic Team doesn't take risks), then it'll once again be just another gameplay style that I won't care about.

All I want is a 3D Modern Sonic game, one that let's you play with other characters that aren't just Sonic and some random dude he met in an alley, and a decent story. That's all.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Forces is a jack of all trades and master of none. In fact, it's a failure on just about every front, even though it's trying to appease virtually every faceat of the fandom. 

Well... I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that it'll do the Boost gameplay just fine, but like... There aren't too many Boost fans to begin with. And since there are two other gameplay styles I doubt there will be many Boost stages.

There'll probably be more stages altogether, but it's possible that we'll have fewer boost stages than Generations. Does that make sense?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, blazefan519 said:

Yep, pretty much sums up my thoughts on it all too. Mania isn't really my cup of tea. I can see why others like it, but the game wasn't made for me, y'know. So, I've been waiting for that Sonic game that's made for me and whenever a new one comes out, there's always something that's attached that doesn't need to be there. Unleashed was Werehog. Colors was 2D. Generations was Classic Sonic. And now Forces has 2 other things. I can't say anything on the CaC because we've only seen part of one stage for it, but I know that Classic Sonic will just be a bore again. Unless that supposed "new element" they're adding to it is game changing (which it won't because Sonic Team doesn't take risks), then it'll once again be just another gameplay style that I won't care about.

All I want is a 3D Modern Sonic game, one that let's you play with other characters that aren't just Sonic and some random dude he met in an alley, and a decent story. That's all.

I think the new element is the Drop Dash ability and maybe elemental shields having an affect on the environments.

Dunno though...

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

I don't know about that...

It will be a pretty spot-on master when it comes to the boost game play itself. It's just the stage layout and enemy placement/incompetency that's more the issue I think when it comes to Modern Sonic.

There's really nothing masterful about straight lines and boost pads. 

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Classic...

We've got Mania so I don't really feel like complaining about it.

That's a pretty good reason to complain about it. Plus they already did Generations. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

I think the new element is the Drop Dash ability and maybe elemental shields having an affect on the environments.

Dunno though...

And that is most definitely not a game changer. Oh look, when you land you can go fast in a ball. Great, sounds like a party. Oh look, elemental shields do elemental things. Cool, fun for the whole family.

1 minute ago, Blue Blood said:

There's really nothing masterful about straight lines and boost pads.

That basically goes into my reasoning of the Game Play itself for Boost feeling mastered since it will be very familiar and fine tuned in various ways but the stage layout and enemy incompetency being the problematic aspects of Modern Sonic, such as bowling pin gatherings, homing chains...

The core Game Play itself will be great I think. It's the locations you're playing and who you're up against in the stages causing a problem.

Well, I wanted to express my excitement on the new Sonic Mania trailer but they locked that thread for whatever reason.

The trailer just goes to show how much more love and passion Sonic Mania has when compared to Sonic Forces, it's honestly really sad that Sonic Team have no idea what they're doing at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Detective Kaito said:

Well, I wanted to express my excitement on the new Sonic Mania trailer but they locked that thread for whatever reason.

The trailer just goes to show how much more love and passion Sonic Mania has when compared to Sonic Forces, it's honestly really sad that Sonic Team have no idea what they're doing at all.

Apologies, I believe it was a very poor choice of words on my part when expressing favoritism toward Mania that resulted in the lock down.

Seems it made a few members... Not happy.

They... Know what they're doing, but I think the issue is they don't know WHY they're doing it. It's a product without any real reasoning besides "Be All Please All" in the end... I can't say for certain though. I'm not the developers.

4 minutes ago, Bowbowis said:

Look on the bright side, at least you're getting boost gameplay. Me? I'm still waiting for SEGA to remember that Sonic's X-axis is good for more than just quickstepping.

Judging from what I've seen from the Custom Gameplay it does seem like they're taking more advantage of free roaming in favor of high speed, though granted that is still confined to the corridors.

Nonetheless, there does seem to be a lot more moving around freely when you play as your character in 3D spaces.

17 minutes ago, Bowbowis said:

Look on the bright side, at least you're getting boost gameplay. Me? I'm still waiting for SEGA to remember that Sonic's X-axis is good for more than just quickstepping.

Don't worry - that's what the 2D sections are for!

• Thumbs Up 6

18 minutes ago, Bowbowis said:

I understand. I'd love a more polished version of the Adventure style the most, honestly.

• Thumbs Up 8

1 hour ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

I understand. I'd love a more polished version of the Adventure style the most, honestly.

I'd still like to think they're tinkering with this ala the Custom Character game play.

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

Don't worry - that's what the 2D sections are for!

It would be nice if 3D could be 3D and 2D could be 2D but as many have already pointed out there are likely budget and/or workforce limitations in place preventing them from avoiding putting 2D sections in Modern stages.

Also factoring time restraints here, though if Mania is anything to go by they might not mind delaying Forces if necessary. Not sure on that...

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

I'd still like to think they're tinkering with this ala the Custom Character game play.

If the stages were to be more open then, I could see that, but from what we've seen it seems to be limited. Plus 2D, which we already have enough of already.

Just now, blazefan519 said:

If the stages were to be more open then, I could see that, but from what we've seen it seems to be limited. Plus 2D, which we already have enough of already.

Going by whats been shown it seems the Custom Character plays in the exact same stages as Modern Sonic albeit with slight modifications.

That being the case I do wonder why they don't simply include more sandbox-like locations sprinkled between the corridor pathways instead of inserting more 2D sections between them when Classic focuses primarily on this and half of Modern seems to consist of 2D again.

The concept I'm talking about is like that they did with Modern City Escape back in Generations where you had corridors and that one or two instances of a sandbox area in the stage.

They don't have to make the stages a huge sandbox world for the Custom Character, just have sandbox locations between passageways.

Of course, a beautiful new Mania trailer is out and people start considering Forces as a failure. 

If Sonic Team is smart, they should be doing Adventure gameplay again, but nah, they are kinda dumb.

But I'm not going to hate on this game just because is not EXACTLY what I wanted. JUST SAYING. I'm not going to win anything by doing that. Sonic Team won't listen to just one person whining. And is not by wanting this game to fail to impress that things will get better for them.

Now if you excuse me, I have a game to pre-order.

• Thumbs Up 3