Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

5 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Of course, a beautiful new Mania trailer is out and people start considering Forces as a failure. 

If Sonic Team is smart, they should be doing Adventure gameplay again, but nah, they are kinda dumb.

But I'm not going to hate on this game just because is not EXACTLY what I wanted. JUST SAYING. I'm not going to win anything by doing that. Sonic Team won't listen to just one person whining. And is not by wanting this game to fail to impress that things will get better for them.

Now if you excuse me, I have a game to pre-order.

I'd still like to think the Custom Character actually IS diving into Adventure game play like I said. It's slower paced, you roam about more, albeit in corridors, and you do have the weapons system ala Gamma/Tails/Eggman/Shadow returning, which is also something not represented in game play since...

Well... I guess technically Black Knight but... Eh.

So... There IS the Adventure game play in there. Just not exactly as desired per-se.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Of course, a beautiful new Mania trailer is out and people start considering Forces as a failure. 

If Sonic Team is smart, they should be doing Adventure gameplay again, but nah, they are kinda dumb.

But I'm not going to hate on this game just because is not EXACTLY what I wanted. JUST SAYING. I'm not going to win anything by doing that. Sonic Team won't listen to just one person whining. And is not by wanting this game to fail to impress that things will get better for them.

Now if you excuse me, I have a game to pre-order.

For many of us this game is doing everything the wrong way. Besides, I don't think it's the voice of a single person whining, there's many of us. And I think that giving constructive criticism should be always appreciated and encouraged.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

I'd still like to think the Custom Character actually IS diving into Adventure game play like I said. It's slower paced, you roam about more, albeit in corridors, and you do have the weapons system ala Gamma/Tails/Eggman/Shadow returning, which is also something not represented in game play since...

Well... I guess technically Black Knight but... Eh.

So... There IS the Adventure game play in there. Just not exactly as desired per-se.

So classic Sonic is there but it doesn't quite play correctly, Modern Sonic is there but it looks worse than Gens, and the Adventure gameplay is there but it's not as desired. Sounds great for everyone.

Can't see why anyone would have something bad to say about the game tbh.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

For many of us this game is doing everything the wrong way. Besides, I don't think it's the voice of a single person whining, there's many of us. And I think that giving constructive criticism is always appreciated and should be encouraged.

Criticism is not the same as pure hate y'know. Saying that "this game is doing all wrong", "thank god for Mania" is not criticism, 

And sad to say, but I doubt that Sonic Team is listening to us. I wish I was wrong though. But, what I can do? Just pray to Azoo to smack some sense to that company.

1 minute ago, Joseph Mello said:

Criticism is not the same as pure hate y'know. Saying that "this game is doing all wrong", "thank god for Mania" is not criticism, 

And sad to say, but I doubt that Sonic Team is listening to us. I wish I was wrong though. But, what I can do?

Uhm, I think I explained well why I think this game is not looking great at the moment in this very thread, I don't want to repeat myself over and over. 

Just now, Sonikko said:

Uhm, I think I explained why I think this game is not looking great atm well in the past pages, I don't want to repeat myself over and over. 

I know... You guys are probably tired of repeating yourselves too.

Well, I'll see myself out.

I worked hard designing my OC for this game.

URGH.thumb.png.04b04410dc4567c72fc54f6f86ed0506.png

original character do not steal

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Blue Blood said:

... .... ..... I think I played with that about 10 years ago!

I hope this doesn't sound patronizing, but I greatly recommend for anyone who's not feeling excited for this game to at least check out Mania. I understand that most people in this topic are tired of people singing the praises of Classic games and would prefer something more along the signs of early Dreamcast Sonic. But, I think Mania is at least still worth checking out, if for nothing else than experiencing a Sonic game with a clear direction for once, even if it's not the one you prefer.

You never know, you might end up enjoying it. I dunno, it just seems more productive to me than wallowing in despair over this game and how far Sonic Team has fallen. 

• Thumbs Up 5

7 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Not bad; you should see if you can actually replicate that design in Sonic Forces. Shouldn’t be too difficult to do so, nothing seems particularly bespoke about any of the clothes or items.

3 minutes ago, Kintor said:

Not bad; you should see if you can actually replicate that design in Sonic Forces. Shouldn’t be too difficult to do so, nothing seems particularly bespoke about any of the clothes or items.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

Sonic-Forces-Custom-Hero_05-16-17.jpg

Like it's 99% him already

• Thumbs Up 2

This game looks so dull and generic that it makes Mario have personality. 

Sonic-Forces-Custom-Hero_05-16-17.jpg

Like it's 99% him already

Eh, I say the 2D picture is more cat and less wolf/dog(?).

Makes me wonder if the guy from the Custom Hero trailer is going to be the default OC when players boot up the character creator for the first time. Alternatively, I suppose that it could display a randomly generating OC upon start up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, jacoblebeaureal said:

This game looks so dull and generic that it makes Mario have personality. 

Mario has much more personality nowadays than Sonic. It always had personality in the first place, Sonic was just "coolest", in the West at least.

5 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

I don't know about that...

It will be a pretty spot-on master when it comes to the boost game play itself. It's just the stage layout and enemy placement/incompetency that's more the issue I think when it comes to Modern Sonic.

5 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

That basically goes into my reasoning of the Game Play itself for Boost feeling mastered since it will be very familiar and fine tuned in various ways but the stage layout and enemy incompetency being the problematic aspects of Modern Sonic, such as bowling pin gatherings, homing chains...

The core Game Play itself will be great I think. It's the locations you're playing and who you're up against in the stages causing a problem.

Considering level design is like 50% of the equation with the platformer genre this is kind of a meaningless bit of praise.  It's like saying the food is great at a restaurant that serves gourmet food using dirty disease-covered sewer grates for plates.  It doesn't matter at all that the food is great, because the manhole cover thing ruins the entire experience.  Who cares if the boost gameplay is "perfected" if there's nothing good to play it on?

And for boost gameplay fans such as myself, even if they do get the level design spot-on this time (beyond the boring piss-easy first stage of course) Forces has failed to provide a perfect experience of it because it's still only half of the game at most for the fourth time in a row.

• Thumbs Up 9

1 minute ago, Sonikko said:

Mario has much more personality nowadays than Sonic. It always had personality in the first place, Sonic was just "coolest", in the West at least.

Nanana. Mario ain't got shit. Luigi tho? That guys the realest.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Sonikko said:

Yeah. Heck, even the new super Mario bros games have more personality than this. At least they looked good, even if rehashing. Sonic forces also has no identity, in face they should've called this "Sonic identity crisis" instead of "Sonic forces," which is an awful name, by the way.

2 minutes ago, Kintor said:

Eh, I say the 2D picture is more cat and less wolf/dog(?).

Makes me wonder if the guy from the Custom Hero trailer is going to be the default OC when players boot up the character creator for the first time. Alternatively, I suppose that it could display a randomly generating OC upon start up.

Take the joke, man. I just decided to whip-out that infamous character-creator tool to see how close I could get. And you can get pretty damn close!

Take the joke, man. I just decided to whip-out that infamous character-creator tool to see how close I could get. And you can get pretty damn close!

Infamous for you I suppose? Looks pretty harmless to me.

Nevertheless, your success in copying Sonic Forces design does show that the character creator Sonic Forces will resonate strongly with anyone who enjoyed using that earlier character creator, since both share many common aesthetic options.

20 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

I hope this doesn't sound patronizing, but I greatly recommend for anyone who's not feeling excited for this game to at least check out Mania. I understand that most people in this topic are tired of people singing the praises of Classic games and would prefer something more along the signs of early Dreamcast Sonic. But, I think Mania is at least still worth checking out, if for nothing else than experiencing a Sonic game with a clear direction for once, even if it's not the one you prefer.

You never know, you might end up enjoying it. I dunno, it just seems more productive to me than wallowing in despair over this game and how far Sonic Team has fallen. 

Trust me, I'm good. The Classics just don't do it for me. I'm sure it'll be fun, but I could have the same experience watching someone play, than me actually playing it myself. Sorry.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Really?

Because the fact you can make something so similar so quickly with an online flash browser thing only makes this game look all the more amateurish and the creator look even more basic and lacking any depth or thought.

And this comes from someone who thinks they used it.

I did use that when I was 11, so barely 12 years ago, and I literally made a blue Tails with Sonic shoes. I'm not expecting much better designs to come out of this. They're not going to be recolors of the main characters only because the races are not available at all.

5 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Really?

Because the fact you can make something so similar so quickly with an online flash browser thing only makes this game look all the more amateurish and the creator look even more basic and lacking any depth or thought.

All it shows is that Sonic Team understands the popular aesthetic styles among people who like to create Sonic OCs and indeed any kind of anthropomorphic fan character. Which incidentally, the Sonic franchise has been influencing for years, thanks to the sheer size of the Sonic fanbase and the prominent place of Sonic games in popular culture. Things are just going full circle with Sonic Forces, as Sonic Team is now able to tap into that creative energy which has always existed around OCs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Kintor said:

All it shows is that Sonic Team understands the popular aesthetic styles among people who like to create Sonic OCs and indeed any kind of anthropomorphic fan character. Which incidentally, the Sonic franchise has been influencing for years, thanks to the sheer size of the Sonic fanbase and the prominent place of Sonic games in popular culture. Things are just going full circle with Sonic Forces, as Sonic Team is now able to tap into that create energy which has always existed around OCs.

So you're basically saying they embraced the bland designs instead of at least doing better if they really had to put a character creator in a main game.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

Trust me, I'm good. The Classics just don't do it for me. I'm sure it'll be fun, but I could have the same experience watching someone play, than me actually playing it myself. Sorry.

I'm curious. Does something about them turn you off or did you just simply not enjoy them? I do know a lot of people tend to shy away from them since the more overzealous fans (myself included :V) tend to treat them more favorably at the expense of most of the 3D games.