Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Just now, Joseph Mello said:

What's the point of Modern Sonic having 2D sections? Besides, he could play kinda like Sonic Jam/Adventure.

That's a question that I can't answer.

Just now, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Don't see how you could think that considering that 3D Classic Sonic gameplay would just be SA1 Sonic.

That's just the CaC, since it doesn't have boost.

Sonic Team should take some notes from Dimps on how to design characters in a Sonic game. They have some questionable design choices but one thing Dimps has always nailed is making characters play like Sonic characters ought to, new or old.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Don't see how you could think that considering that 3D Classic Sonic gameplay would just be SA1 Sonic.

There were some differences between classic Sonic and SA1 Sonic, like automation in loops. Plus SA1 is still modern Sonic. This is Genesis/Mega Drive Sonic we are talking about.

Sure the Boost had 2D since always, but Classic Sonic could play like Adventure, since the Adventure gameplay is just like the Classics... But in 3D! (With automation) Also, balanced 3D gameplay? Modern, Classic, Custom Hero all having 2D and 3D?

I don't see why not. 

Comparing 3D Classic Sonic gameplay to SA Sonic gameplay is a bit like comparing SA Sonic gameplay to '06 Sonic gameplay.

There's a connection there to be sure but it's also...really not what it should be.

• Thumbs Up 7

3 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

There were some differences between classic Sonic and SA1 Sonic, like automation in loops. Plus SA1 is still modern Sonic. This is Genesis/Mega Drive Sonic we are talking about.

Welp, not anymore!

0:27

Classic Sonic plays EXACTLY like Adventure Sonic now. Minus unlockable Homing Attack.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Sure the Boost had 2D since always, but Classic Sonic could play like Adventure, since the Adventure gameplay is just like the Classics... But in 3D! Also, balanced 3D gameplay? Modern, Classic, Custom Hero all having 2D and 3D?

I don't see why not. 

Come to think of it, 3D classic Sonic being made like that would be sweet. Still doubt it will happen, and it could tick off many fans, still.

Just now, CrystalStorm51 said:

Come to think of it, 3D classic Sonic being made like that would be sweet. Still doubt it will happen, and it could tick off many fans, still.

What they have to lose? It would balance the 2D and 3D in the game, which many fans are having problems with.

1 minute ago, Joseph Mello said:

What they have to lose? It would balance the 2D and 3D in the game, which many fans are having problems with.

Maybe, but it can still be risky.

4 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Welp, not anymore!

0:27

Classic Sonic plays EXACTLY like Adventure Sonic now. Minus unlockable Homing Attack.

Doesn't necessarily mean he has to go 3D, necessarily.

If only Hero was only in 3D so that way we had balance. If Hero is slower and doesn't have the boost, surely it's possible. But then from what we've seen so far, they'd have to make new levels and so far Hero shares level design with Modern.

8 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

Maybe, but it can still be risky.

Doesn't necessarily mean he has to go 3D, necessarily.

That wouldn't be as risky as what they did before.

I still think that it would fit well enough. Here:

Make the SA2 level flat, put Classic Sonic, what do you get? Classic Sonic in Forces. Without homing attack.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

From a gameplay standpoint.

It's already off in that regard anyway

9 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

That wouldn't be as risky as what they did before.

I still think that it would fit well enough. Here:

Make the SA2 level flat, put Classic Sonic, what do you get? Classic Sonic in Forces. Without homing attack.

It's not really the same, the Adventure games had slope physics and quite better level design.

(I'm sorry I feel like I'm really bugging you today ahahah. I don't mean to be rude at all)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Sonikko said:

It's not really the same, the Adventure games had slope physics and quite better level design.

(I'm sorry I feel like I'm really bugging you today ahahah. I don't mean to be rude at all)

Yeah, those are some differences between Sonic Adventure and Forces' Classic Sonic. They don't really have the same physics now, do they?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Sonikko said:

Oh, yeah... But we didn't saw too many slopes in the GHZ gameplay.

Is all good :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, CrystalStorm51 said:

Yeah, those are some differences between Sonic Adventure and Forces' Classic Sonic. They don't really have the same physics now, do they?

Yep.

Kinda off-topic, but I stand by my opinion that some Modern Sonic stages are nothing else than 2D stages with a behind the back camera, GHZ Modern for example.

Take a look at this mod. 

43 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

From a gameplay standpoint.

"All our attempts to appease the Adventure fans aren't working! What the heck do we do?"

2 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Yep.

Kinda off-topic, but I stand by my opinion that some Modern Sonic stages are nothing else than 2D stages with a behind the back camera, GHZ Modern for example.

Take a look at this mod. 

If only every stage were like Seaside Hill, that stage had excellent design as far as Modern Sonic goes. That should be the minimum standard they aim for tbh.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, PerfectChaos said:

If only every stage were like Seaside Hill, that stage had excellent design as far as Modern Sonic goes. That should be the minimum standard they aim for tbh.

Agree, Seaside Hill and Sky Sanctuary were very well designed, at least the 3D portions of the stages.

Too bad the level design will not be nearly as good as Generations because the level design guy/gal will be the same as Colors and that makes me wanna cry. I can only hope for improvement. So far all the gameplay shown doesn't look as slow as Colors... Which is good.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Too bad the level design will not be nearly as good as Generation because the level design guy/gal will be the same as Colors and that makes me wanna cry.

It is? It said it was from the people who made Colors and Generations.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

It is? It said it was from the people who made Colors and Generations.

@Gabe said this in a status:

The guy who's directing Forces is the same guy who directed and was the lead level designer for Colors (he also directed Lost World, which had similar level design).

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Where's the distinct triangle bodies for males and curvature for females?

"SEGA supports beastiality" - Sonic 06 Critics

They're not going to make the differences between the sexes of the character you play as any more distinct than necessary so they don't wind up having some typical western BS thrown their way for "sexualizing" and stuff like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really wouldn't mind the Colors-like Modern level design if they were more like the Act 1/2 parts of each zone, but if we get the rudimentary and blocky 2D level designs of Colors, as the CaC gameplay has already shown in conjunction with Classic Sonic-lite, then yeah, there's gonna be some issues.

2 hours ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

Me neither. I think it looks fine. Maybe not really the best, but it passes.

On the bright side, I notice the designs aren't outright repulsive, like Og or Comedy Chimp. If they were, it would have been my personal last straw.