Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

15 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

I really wouldn't mind the Colors-like Modern level design if they were more like the Act 1/2 parts of each zone, but if we get the rudimentary and blocky 2D level designs of Colors, as the CaC gameplay has already shown in conjunction with Classic Sonic-lite, then yeah, there's gonna be some issues.

I didn't saw anything so bad about what we saw of the 2D sections.

17 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

I didn't saw anything so bad about what we saw of the 2D sections.

I dunno about you but I found the layout pretty damn dull, the way the Wisps rewarded Rings wad cool but other than there wasn't a whole lot of note that looked very fun and the geometry was simple too. But eh, that was just one part of a level so we'll have to wait and see

Just glad the "new character" is actually one we can create.

The bad side is now we get to see another six million sonic recolors some named "Death death devil devil devil devil
Evil evil evil evil" some named "supah speed"

Or hopefully a character named "joe"

Joe the hedgehog sounds like a nice bloke :D

I wonder if an el gran Gordo mask will be available to use on an original character

I dont think that will happen but maybe expansion packs will be possible to make all sorts of characters so we are not stuck with clones or freak fox/rabbit/hedgehog/cat hybrids all named "ultimate the ultimate guy dude"

Randomly switching things to music for a moment.

Was giving a listen to the Green Hill music in Forces again on YouTube and came across this comment...

Why people say this song sucks, its a piece of art.

Make of that what you will. lol

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, MadmanRB said:

Just glad the "new character" is actually one we can create.

The bad side is now we get to see another six million sonic recolors some named "Death death devil devil devil devil
Evil evil evil evil" some named "supah speed"

As a person who plays final fantasy 14 and xenoverse, I will correct you.

They will all have the sir name , uchiha.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good point.

Too bad the spiecies limitations though I could have made Dave the crabpighippokangaroofishhamstershark

1 minute ago, MadmanRB said:

Good point.

Too bad the spiecies limitations though I could have made Dave the crabpighippokangaroofishhamstershark

DLC could happen.

6 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Its a little too jaunty and would make a better theme for the invincibility powerup

I agree. Also...

Wanted to point this out because one, I enjoy the remix.

Two...

Instead of being "safe" that is what Green Hill SHOULD be looking like.

On a serious note whether it be by dlc or reveal I hope they add more species. 

Sharks Tasmanian Devils( or just devils for short)  Lions, Various birds, would all make interesting things to be

Well until that time comes there will be other abomination to create and wreak havoc on the community.

Doctor Frankenstein eat your heart out!

38 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Sharks Tasmanian Devils( or just devils for short)  Lions, Various birds, would all make interesting things to be

I'd be shocked if we didn't get slightly more variety, mostly because a good deal of that can be done with a simple color swap.

Take the cat for example. Sure its just one race, but if you were to add in a little tweak here and there, then you could make six or seven different species out of it with minimal effort. Add some stripes, and all of the sudden its a tiger. Some leopard spots could help differentiate all different kinds of felines, like Cheetahs, Jaguars ect. I'd be shocked if there wasn't a snow leopard skin honestly. All of them fall under "cat", and would all share the same special ability, but that's a cheap, developer friendly way to take your available species count from 6 to 100. Think of all the cats and dogs you can make with little more than a color swap. Birds too. A simple cosmetic swap is all you'd need to differentiate Jay the Blue Jay from Carrie the Cardinal

That's not the ideal way to frame your character creator mind you. You'd ideally want to see more diversity in the species beyond color swaps. I'd want my Lion character to carry a bit more weight to him than my tabby for example... but given the way the game seems to be designed, I could easily see Sonic Team backdooring a bunch of face-value-only species our way using this method.

You really cant create Steve the Moosebadgerhorsetoucansqurrelpiranhalizardoctopus without some sort of DLC though

While you can only pick from a few broad species, I think in terms of naming your character you might be able to write-in your species or at least pick from a list.  I recall that, in one of the recent SEGA streams, they referenced an original bird character they'd made and its animal type was more specific than just "the Bird."

Park Avenue soundtrack has been revealed in full. Sounds neat.

Just now, Forte-Metallix said:

WE'VE GOT A SONG REVEAL:

I got ninja'd lol

Would anyone please tell me the lyrics? I understand some of it, but not all...

5 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

WE'VE GOT A SONG REVEAL:

This is the music for the OC level!

AND ITS SOO GOOD HOLY SHIT

Just now, Forte-Metallix said:

Here's what I can make out:

Take on the enemy, strike them down...

End their evil ways, take them out...

somethingsomething justice, this is what's right...

Take on the enemy, mess them up

And bring them to their knees, do your stuff

Time for justice, time to go fight

(female singer)

Destiny lies before you...

I believe we have the power

Can you see? somethingsomething

Victory's for the taking!

Thanks! The music is pretty loud so I couldn't really tell what they were saying.