Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

8 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

Maybe, but it can still be risky.

Doesn't necessarily mean he has to go 3D, necessarily.

That wouldn't be as risky as what they did before.

I still think that it would fit well enough. Here:

Make the SA2 level flat, put Classic Sonic, what do you get? Classic Sonic in Forces. Without homing attack.

9 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

That wouldn't be as risky as what they did before.

I still think that it would fit well enough. Here:

Make the SA2 level flat, put Classic Sonic, what do you get? Classic Sonic in Forces. Without homing attack.

It's not really the same, the Adventure games had slope physics and quite better level design.

(I'm sorry I feel like I'm really bugging you today ahahah. I don't mean to be rude at all)

1 minute ago, Sonikko said:

It's not really the same, the Adventure games had slope physics and quite better level design.

(I'm sorry I feel like I'm really bugging you today ahahah. I don't mean to be rude at all)

Yeah, those are some differences between Sonic Adventure and Forces' Classic Sonic. They don't really have the same physics now, do they?

Just now, Sonikko said:

Oh, yeah... But we didn't saw too many slopes in the GHZ gameplay.

Is all good :lol:

Just now, CrystalStorm51 said:

Yeah, those are some differences between Sonic Adventure and Forces' Classic Sonic. They don't really have the same physics now, do they?

Yep.

Kinda off-topic, but I stand by my opinion that some Modern Sonic stages are nothing else than 2D stages with a behind the back camera, GHZ Modern for example.

Take a look at this mod. 

2 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Yep.

Kinda off-topic, but I stand by my opinion that some Modern Sonic stages are nothing else than 2D stages with a behind the back camera, GHZ Modern for example.

Take a look at this mod. 

If only every stage were like Seaside Hill, that stage had excellent design as far as Modern Sonic goes. That should be the minimum standard they aim for tbh.

Just now, PerfectChaos said:

If only every stage were like Seaside Hill, that stage had excellent design as far as Modern Sonic goes. That should be the minimum standard they aim for tbh.

Agree, Seaside Hill and Sky Sanctuary were very well designed, at least the 3D portions of the stages.

Too bad the level design will not be nearly as good as Generations because the level design guy/gal will be the same as Colors and that makes me wanna cry. I can only hope for improvement. So far all the gameplay shown doesn't look as slow as Colors... Which is good.

2 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Too bad the level design will not be nearly as good as Generation because the level design guy/gal will be the same as Colors and that makes me wanna cry.

It is? It said it was from the people who made Colors and Generations.

4 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

It is? It said it was from the people who made Colors and Generations.

@Gabe said this in a status:

The guy who's directing Forces is the same guy who directed and was the lead level designer for Colors (he also directed Lost World, which had similar level design).

2 hours ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Where's the distinct triangle bodies for males and curvature for females?

"SEGA supports beastiality" - Sonic 06 Critics

They're not going to make the differences between the sexes of the character you play as any more distinct than necessary so they don't wind up having some typical western BS thrown their way for "sexualizing" and stuff like that.

I really wouldn't mind the Colors-like Modern level design if they were more like the Act 1/2 parts of each zone, but if we get the rudimentary and blocky 2D level designs of Colors, as the CaC gameplay has already shown in conjunction with Classic Sonic-lite, then yeah, there's gonna be some issues.

2 hours ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

Me neither. I think it looks fine. Maybe not really the best, but it passes.

On the bright side, I notice the designs aren't outright repulsive, like Og or Comedy Chimp. If they were, it would have been my personal last straw.

15 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

I really wouldn't mind the Colors-like Modern level design if they were more like the Act 1/2 parts of each zone, but if we get the rudimentary and blocky 2D level designs of Colors, as the CaC gameplay has already shown in conjunction with Classic Sonic-lite, then yeah, there's gonna be some issues.

I didn't saw anything so bad about what we saw of the 2D sections.

17 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

I didn't saw anything so bad about what we saw of the 2D sections.

I dunno about you but I found the layout pretty damn dull, the way the Wisps rewarded Rings wad cool but other than there wasn't a whole lot of note that looked very fun and the geometry was simple too. But eh, that was just one part of a level so we'll have to wait and see

Just glad the "new character" is actually one we can create.

The bad side is now we get to see another six million sonic recolors some named "Death death devil devil devil devil
Evil evil evil evil" some named "supah speed"

Or hopefully a character named "joe"

Joe the hedgehog sounds like a nice bloke :D

I dont think that will happen but maybe expansion packs will be possible to make all sorts of characters so we are not stuck with clones or freak fox/rabbit/hedgehog/cat hybrids all named "ultimate the ultimate guy dude"

1 hour ago, MadmanRB said:

Just glad the "new character" is actually one we can create.

The bad side is now we get to see another six million sonic recolors some named "Death death devil devil devil devil
Evil evil evil evil" some named "supah speed"

As a person who plays final fantasy 14 and xenoverse, I will correct you.

They will all have the sir name , uchiha.

1 minute ago, MadmanRB said:

Good point.

Too bad the spiecies limitations though I could have made Dave the crabpighippokangaroofishhamstershark

DLC could happen.