Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

My music tastes are usually pretty easygoing, but, hm...can't say I'm feeling this one. Don't think I'm a fan of the song on its own, and I really don't feel like it fits the context it's used in.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

My standards. AKA any standard that's three feet off the ground.

Shiiiiiiit, lads.

If all you want is classic gameplay and that's it then yeah I guess. I still say we have barely seen anything (30 sec of Park Avenue, and Green Hill).

Green Hill looks naff and pointless, but Custom Hero could be a cool mascot platformer type of experience that is different from Sonic.

1 minute ago, ChikaBoing said:

If all you want is classic gameplay and that's it then yeah I guess. I still say we have barely seen anything (30 sec of Park Avenue, and Green Hill).

Green Hill looks naff and pointless, but Custom Hero could be a cool mascot platformer type of experience that is different from Sonic.

I've seen enough to tell it looks bloody naff, just like the people saying it's good who you aren't complaining about have seen enough to determine it's good.

Shiiiiiiiiit, lads. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Tracker_TD said:

I've seen enough to tell it looks bloody naff, just like the people saying it's good who you aren't complaining about have seen enough to determine it's good.

Shiiiiiiiiit, lads. 

Nobody can say right now. 

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Oh are we seriously still doing this shit, come on. You can like a wide variety of things while still thinking the 3 things this game is offering are crap, and we've seen enough gameplay to have a fair grasp of what each is offering.

Not at all. 30 seconds of each? The opening stage of Classic Sonic. That is nothing in comparision to the amount of stuff that Sonic Mania has been showing (2 full level playtroughs right at the start, now they have shown five or so enviorments). Or Mario Oddysee which probably showed 3/4 of the enviorments in that first trailer.

It can very well be a situation like Lost World where Windy Hill is literally all the game had to offer, but it very well could not. 

1 hour ago, Sgt Jack V said:

OH SHIT THE FEMALE SINGER SOUNDS LIKE SHIT FROM SONIC R

Different strokes, but I'd absolutely call that a positive :P

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

So what? I was sold on Mania by the reveal trailer. I didn't need a bunch of other trailers because they showed us what they were doing from the start. And the whole point of these trailers is to convince people the game is worth their interest, the idea that we don't have enough to make any judgements (or really, that we aren't allowed to be negative, because that's always what this bullshit is about) is nonsense.

Judging a game purely based on how they chose to advertise is the point of promotion, but I don't think that should be your entire judgement.

So how often do you get on someone's back for thinking a game looks good from its trailers?

Never? Yeah, never. It's only a bad thing if you're negative, I guess.

Shit man Tracker even said he's been down on Forces so far. He hasn't shut his brain off and made a final, absolute decision on the game, he's judging it on what he's seen. Like literally everyone here.

• Thumbs Up 9

4 minutes ago, ChikaBoing said:

Judging a game purely based on how they chose to advertise is the point of promotion, but I don't think that should be your entire judgement.

I thought the point of promotion was to make a product look as appealing as possible so consumers would buy it.

While I can agree that promotional material shouldn't make one's entire thoughts on the game, this is all we have to critique on the game. And to some, it just doesn't look good.

Just now, Diogenes said:

So how often do you get on someone's back for thinking a game looks good from its trailers?

Never? Yeah, never. It's only a bad thing if you're negative, I guess.

Shit man Tracker even said he's been down on Forces so far. He hasn't shut his brain off and made a final, absolute decision on the game, he's judging it on what he's seen. Like literally everyone here.

Well I wasn't impressed/unsure with Lost World trailers, when other people were hyped. I don't keep up with everyones opinions but he said the game looks like shit, so I guess the sarcasm was lost on me I guess?

I mean, it's still not as bad as GAF, where it's mostly either "this game is garbage and everyone liking this is wrong" or "it's 10/10 and anybody else is wrong".

I have an immense feeling of relief, hearing their willingness to go cheesy again. Was worried Sonic Forces would be a weird mix between the dry and lifeless seriousness of Sonic 06 and/or the dry detached sarcasm of modern Sonic. But now we got some greasy cheese to help clean out that dryness.

Altough I agree the song doesn't fit the tone of the level at all. Indeed, sounds more like a Sonic R racetrack. Then again, adding some light hearted cheesy energy to Sonic Forces' tone may help audiences buy a serious game a tiny bit better.

• Thumbs Up 9

The pacing of the lines is pretty bad. We have random long pauses for some lines that feel like they should instantly continue, and others instantly follow on from where it would sound better if there were a pause.

Also why does this give me an Attack on Titan theme vibe?

That song is pretty good to me. Sounds like something i would hear from sonic colors or sonic R. The middle vocaless part of the song reminds me of starlight carnival for some reason.

Song's not that bad. Feels more like something to headbob in the background though. Like the female vocals, not so much the male vocals.

To be honest, I'm not impressed. The lyrics don't matter - they can be what they want and I'll be happy, but I seriously hope this is a draft because it sounds like something someone hastily plopped together in FL Studio in like 2004. Its style is confused, and it suffers from all the same problems as the GHZ song: wanting to be lush, but having the wrong instrumentation and lacking enough space to do so. Vocals don't save it in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 2

I feel pretty lukewarm about this song, I like the melody and the way it was arranged but i can't really shake that feeling off it, so is most of forces. It screams lukewarm.

I do have to explain myself that i like how the "Colors" inspired Custom Character is going to play and same for "Modern Sonic"'s gameplay. But "Classic Sonic"'s gameplay is looking pretty bad.  

Holy shit this song is incredible. I was never expecting something like this to appear in a Sonic game but I'm floored by just how good it is. I also lost my fucking mind over the female vocals, because I've been listening to bands that alternate between male/female vocals lately and it's probably my favorite thing in music ever

• Thumbs Up 9

Coming in late, but yeah, I'm not impressed by it either. Maybe it's because it's already not my sort of music but it sounds so average, almost generic. Doesn't stand out at all, especially for a Sonic game. 

• Thumbs Up 4

45 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Sonic Forces remains a mixed bag upon every move it makes...

Ah you see that would be because it literally is a mixed bag.

• Thumbs Up 7