Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

My initial thoughts.

Not excited... but interested. 

Basically, it felt like Sonic 06, it was pretty serious and I didn't like it... then classic Sonic showed up and I thought 'it can't be that serious, he looks so happy.'

My thoughts exactly. If ONLY Classic Sonic wasn't smiling, it could've saved that scene. It felt REALLY out of place.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Soniman said:

Look at it this way 

Classic Sonic has got a 2D revival 

Boom Sonic is still surviving with his games and TV show 

And Modern Sonic has to share because whatever formula Sega is using for his gameplay it's obviously not enough to stand on its own because Classic Sonic is his crutch again. 

It's just that this us NOT what I wanted to see out of a Modem Sonic in the new  console Gen

As much as I care about Modern Sonic, at the end of the day I really just want a fun game out of Sonic. If Generations 2 makes for a fun game, then Scratch could be the hero and Silver his sidekick and I'd still play it. Sonic is Sonic, classic or no; if there's more or less boost here but it's still fun, I'm hard-pressed to complain.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, VolatileMike said:

I'm amazed at the reactions here. I thought everyone would be gushing about them FINALLY turning back to a serious tone for the first time in 8 years. Instead, people are complaining that this is Sonic Generations 2. Did everyone forget that Iizuka actually paused, right before the trailer, to clarify that this would not be a sequel? 

Silly Mike, this is the Sonic fanbase! We complain about everything.

• Thumbs Up 8

2 minutes ago, VolatileMike said:

I'm amazed at the reactions here. I thought everyone would be gushing about them FINALLY turning back to a serious tone for the first time in 8 years. Instead, people are complaining that this is Sonic Generations 2. Did everyone forget that Iizuka actually paused, right before the trailer, to clarify that this would not be a sequel? 

I mean, he says that, yet here's classic Sonic along with modern Sonic again because...?

For all we know, this could be Gens 2 in all but name.

Just now, Tara said:

In the interest of fairness, it's hard to be taken seriously when you say "it's not a sequel" and then advertise the main gimmick of the first game as a prominent aspect of the second.

He's directing the game. I think we can take him seriously.

Firstly, the serious tone is not something everyone wants, partly because Sonic Team has a distinguished history of fucking that up.

Secondly, I'll believe Iizuka when when I see actual gameplay rather than pre-rendered CGI, thank you.

• Thumbs Up 5

Okay I really need an explanation of how all the classic Sonic love being shown in the next two games is oh so satanic

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, VolatileMike said:

My point was that what he says and what we see are contradictory.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

So urm... anyone think Boom Sonic is gonna turn up?

Doubt it. Classic and Modern Sonic have always been the same universe and series, whilst Boom is something on the side. But if he did show, that would make the whole thing worse and more gimmicky.

• Thumbs Up 3

Iizuka's said a lot of stuff that turned out to be not quite true. I think you can forgive people for not taking him at his word.

Just now, VolatileMike said:

...to clarify that this would not be a sequel? 

It will be a sequel game-play wise and that's all that matters to folk.

1 minute ago, Auto said:

Okay I really need an explanation of how all the classic Sonic love being shown in the next two games is oh so satanic

because he has his own game and feels out of place and forced in modern sonic games now

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, Auto said:

I don't want him.

I don't like classic sonic that much.

And he's the only other playable character in that game i'll like him less.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is classic sonic being in the trailer make people think it's gonna be a squeal? I guess when we get more info but we have to work with what we have. As of now I do not see it as a squeal 

1 minute ago, Candescence said:

Firstly, the serious tone is not something everyone wants, partly because Sonic Team has a distinguished history of fucking that up.

Secondly, I'll believe Iizuka when when I see actual gameplay rather than pre-rendered CGI, thank you.

Firstly, Sonic stories have failed to have any compelling elements since Unleashed, and it's time to get more serious.

Secondly, I'll believe Iizuka rather than pre-rendered CGI

3 hours ago, Wraith said:

And no gameplay? Hasn't it been 3 years?

I doubt that the lack of gameplay here is a sign of them not having anything stable to show, it's more of a way to keep us on the edge and guessing

• Thumbs Up 9

Really excited to see more of this.

Only nitpick I have personally is that they implied Modern Sonic will have 2D-3D switching again. I didn't really want that.

But I love everything else. I know why people are bothered by Classic Sonic, and I think it's totally valid.

But at the same time, he's Classic Sonic. He's adorable. That alone makes him a joy to see for me, even if he's got Mania.

I'm not gonna make too many assumptions. Maybe Classic Sonic won't even have 2D gameplay or something?

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Auto said:

I need one as to why he's in the game in the game in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Shadowkirby12 said:

Silly Mike, this is the Sonic fanbase! We complain about everything.

We're not going be tolerating condescending trollbait like this, so please stop with that.  Posts like this will be subject to strikes, no exceptions.

• Thumbs Up 5