Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Another thing I'd like to see is better idle animations for sonic. I mean for a speedster that's always moving I think he'd need more than just stretching. I could see jogging in place or if tails is follwing (might not be happening but still) then have a chat with tails. Or better yet, let him start walking around in a circle. Just give our blue blur something to do 

Sonic has lots of potential when comes to interactions and personality. Is something they should do more in this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Strong Guy said:

So, with Eggman Nega's newly released comic, he recently got a Sonic Channel profile. 

http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/character/eggmannega.html

Could be reaching a little bit, but this could be taken as a hint of his return? It would seem likely. The world here looks really dark, some sort of time travel element thanks to Classic Sonic, and can't forget the multiple Eggmen mech's. That last one might be a moot point since I'm sure those are just mass produced, but still. Wanted to mention it anyways.

Reaching all the way. Every character is getting those comics, it's just to mark the 25th Anniversary. 

EDIT: Just properly realised what you meant.

Eh... I'd still say it's a stretch, though not impossible. 

• Thumbs Up 5

If it was just a comic, I'd think nothing of it. But the fact they chose to give him a Sonic Channel profile is what's really got me thinking.

Even with the comic, most people were surprised they'd bother making one about Nega since he's an old 'Forgotten' villain that's not really very popular. Plus, they brought him in as a gasp.. playable character in Rio 2016...

Nega is ready 2 rumble

latest?cb=20100707113221

• Thumbs Up 2

Eggman Nega was always a regular in the Olympic Games series so I'm not entirely sure if he'll be in it since he was only a major character in the Rush and Rivals series but as with everything involved with 2017, I'll wait for more details 

On 10/13/2016 at 2:25 PM, Wraith said:

I mean, I guess, but this series didn't get mocked for years for it's  voice acting to the point that they changed the cast and direction for no reason.

To be fair,  the post 4kids change had to do more so with contract expirations as opposed to negative reception,  especially since those voices had improved well over time. Can't say for sure on Ryan and company's change though. 

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Undyne Phoenix said:

To be fair,  the post 4kids change had to do more so with contract expirations as opposed to negative reception,  especially since those voices had improved well over time. Can't say for sure on Ryan and company's change though. 

The changeover to 4Kids voices was because Sonic X was a major part of the sonic brand at the time and they wanted consistency for the character voices across the entire franchise.

On 10/13/2016 at 2:25 PM, Wraith said:

I mean, I guess, but this series didn't get mocked for years for it's  voice acting to the point that they changed the cast and direction for no reason.

2 minutes ago, JezMM said:

The changeover to 4Kids voices was because Sonic X was a major part of the sonic brand at the time and they wanted consistency for the character voices across the entire franchise.

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Undyne Phoenix said:

To be fair,  the post 4kids change had to do more so with contract expirations as opposed to negative reception,  especially since those voices had improved well over time. 

Well there you have it then. 

On 14/10/2016 at 5:04 PM, Strong Guy said:

So, with Eggman Nega's newly released comic, he recently got a Sonic Channel profile. 

http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/character/eggmannega.html

Could be reaching a little bit, but this could be taken as a hint of his return? It would seem likely. The world here looks really dark, there's bound to some sort of time travel element thanks to Classic Sonic, and don't forget about the multiple Eggmen mech's. That last one might be a moot point since I'm sure those are just mass produced, but still. Wanted to mention it anyways.

Hate on Nega all you want, I wouldn't mind seeing him play an important role as a villain again. He's kind of like Eggman's insane baby brother. Things would probably be more tense with him thrown into the mix. Another thing, I think it'd make a lot of sense for the world to be in this much ruin in a future where Nega rules. I never really got the impression our good ol' Eggman would want to make the world look quite like this.

article_post_width_Project_Sonic_2017-1.

That's a lot less carnival-y, and more raw destruction-y. Definitely smells like Nega to me.

You know... you might actually be onto something

Eggman wants to conquer the world but Nega seeks its destruction...

Maybe he's the one controlling those robots?

Maybe......

• Thumbs Up 2

Personally, I wasn't a fan of Classic Sonic being silent in Sonic Generations, especially since Classic Tails and Classic Eggman weren't afraid to speak.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't really gravitate to silent main characters myself.

In my experience, silent main characters in general seem to be overshadowed by their more talkative peers given that they give less insight into what they're feeling beyond basic expressions. It's not an absolute, but even those that subvert it do it in ways where being voiced might've gotten the job done much better.

In Sonic's case, most people wanting him to be silent seemed to care less about characterization as they claim and were more interested in him shutting up so that he wasn't annoying - odd they weren't like that for Eggman or Tails for the same reason.

• Thumbs Up 3

Eh, you say that but Tails was the first character to speak during a stage, and he's always had the most annoying voice actors. Sonic Heroes was particularly awful. Tails reaches pretty far with his annoying ingame chatter, even extending to Sonic Rush.. I'd say he's far worse than Sonic, who has actually had several good instances of ingame dialogue. 

17 minutes ago, Lucid Dream said:

Tails reaches pretty far with his annoying ingame chatter, even extending to Sonic Rush.. I'd say he's far worse than Sonic, who has actually had several good instances of ingame dialogue. 

Im suorised that you didn't say cream there, cause she literally did the same thing as tails

Just now, FlareSakithaSol said:

Im suorised that you didn't say cream there, cause she literally did the same thing as tails

Cream only appeared once. My point was that Tails does this all the goddamn time. 

Spoiler

Personally, I actually found Cream and Tails supporting me pretty cute and encouraging. I've heard it was heavily criticised though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

All of the characters in Modern Sonic games barely resemble their themselves as they were represented in the Classic titles. Even in the true Classic titles, Tails was incredibly annoying and constantly got in the player's way. However, he is now doubly annoying and for some inexplicable reason thinks he's a smart arse all the time. Modern Sonic's voice is incredibly infuriating but it's not quite as bad as Modern Tails.

As for Modern Eggman, his voice only works because Pollock is a good voice actor and can deliver the mind-numbingly stupid dialogue.

The Sonic franchise needs to go back to the roots of the original Classic Sonic titles where there was no dialogue or speaking. In particular, CD with its incredible atmosphere.

16 minutes ago, Pixel said:

All of the characters in Modern Sonic games barely resemble their themselves as they were represented in the Classic titles. Even in the true Classic titles, Tails was incredibly annoying and constantly got in the player's way. However, he is now doubly annoying and for some inexplicable reason thinks he's a smart arse all the time. 

Yeah it doesn't get in the way though because you know, it's in a cutscene.

16 minutes ago, Pixel said:

The Sonic franchise needs to go back to the roots of the original Classic Sonic titles where there was no dialogue or speaking. In particular, CD with its incredible atmosphere.

Once again, think of all of the people utterly confused that everyone in that game is silent. It's modern sonic, they talk.

17 minutes ago, Pixel said:

All of the characters in Modern Sonic games barely resemble their themselves as they were represented in the Classic titles. 

Uh, yeah because everyone was silent so the only thing you had was people jumping up and down, staring ahead, or running to or away from something with the occasional facial expression.

19 minutes ago, Pixel said:

Modern Sonic's voice is incredibly infuriating but it's not quite as bad as Modern Tails.

This is the only part I agree with. I wouldn't use infuriating though, I'd use traumatizing

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Pixel said:

All of the characters in Modern Sonic games barely resemble their themselves as they were represented in the Classic titles. Even in the true Classic titles, Tails was incredibly annoying and constantly got in the player's way. However, he is now doubly annoying and for some inexplicable reason thinks he's a smart arse all the time. Modern Sonic's voice is incredibly infuriating but it's not quite as bad as Modern Tails.

As for Modern Eggman, his voice only works because Pollock is a good voice actor and can deliver the mind-numbingly stupid dialogue.

Sonic does talk in CD. "Infuriating" voice and all.

• Thumbs Up 4

Classic Sonic in CD barely spoke, he had about four words of dialogue. That hardly counts. Classic Sonic, outside of the rubbish TV shows, was always a silent character and it worked well.

Nowadays Modern Sonic has a moved away from the true Classic series and the voice acting is hurting the series badly. It would be much simpler and better to return to the roots of true Classic Sonic and go the silent route.

17 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

I don't really gravitate to silent main characters myself.

In my experience, silent main characters in general seem to be overshadowed by their more talkative peers given that they give less insight into what they're feeling beyond basic expressions. It's not an absolute, but even those that subvert it do it in ways where being voiced might've gotten the job done much better.

In Sonic's case, most people wanting him to be silent seemed to care less about characterization as they claim and were more interested in him shutting up so that he wasn't annoying - odd they weren't like that for Eggman or Tails for the same reason.

Or maybe they didn't find Tails and Eggman annoying. Probably because they were less prominent.