Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

God. I didn't even notice it was 3 Am where I am.

Really enjoyed all the stuff I saw today though. 

Ironically, the one I'm most excited about is the one I'm most disappointed in.

The trailer made me sweat! I was excited! And then Classic Sonic showed up at the end and made me go-

But ultimately I think it'll be okay.

Okay enough at least. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Strickerx5 said:

Ok, someone needs to help me out here because I've been looking at this trailer for a while and I'm not seeing Spagonia here.

sonic_2017_ow_dorado_comparison.png

Hell, it sort of looks like a destroyed and burning Dorado (from Overwatch) to me.

Dorado_005.jpg

I don't know, I might be crazy here but that's what I'm seeing here. If this is a new level entirely then the whole Gens 2 theory losses a lot of weight...

I've been saying a City Escape vibe personally. Look when Sonic first lands and see the buildings behind him, they look like San Francisco styles and colors. That or an entirely new city. I don't see Spagonia either.

So like, did anyone noticed the empty left space when classic and modern was running side by side in the trailer. After seeing some promotional art of 3 sonics running side by side. Third one being obvious. 

Um, you don't think that...

Nah, probably not. hahaha

The roads and fences/gates are very European like which gave me the Spagonia vibe, though I can also see City Escape like architecture. Maybe it's a new locale, though part of me thinks it's an existing location.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just read an article on TSSZ that Sonic's "trending" worldwide with like over 161,000 tweets or whatever right now. Is that a good thing or something? 

I'm not well versed in twitter and tweet-culture. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

The roads and fences/gates are very European like which gave me the Spagonia vibe, though I can also see City Escape like architecture. Maybe it's a new locale, though part of me thinks it's an existing location.

Ah so that's where people are getting Spagonia. That makes sense I suppose. Either way, I'm just happy to see that while it has a Crisis City vibe, it also has no shortage of color. Plenty dark without losing the Sonic feel. A+.

17 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Sequel or not, I'm going against the grain and saying this is almost exactly what I wanted so far. A more serious tone akin to Adventure 1 and 2 instead of the shit from Colors and Lost World? Check. Lost World's awful gameplay scrapped and Boost gameplay likely to come back? Check. Eggman being the viable threat he was always mean to be? Check! Sonic running right into action with his friends around to help him out? Oh wait, Classic Sonic? Uuhh...Hm...Eh, close enough. Anything can change and if not, I'll take what I can get. ¦(

I would've preferred Blaze or Tails or Blaze or Knuckles or Blaze or Shadow or Blaze or BLAZE, but that's alright for now. Honestly, if the games fun, I'll be happy. Besides, it could turn out that both characters have 3D and 2.5D gameplay with Modern being similar to Gens and Classic being his usual self in 2D and akin to Adventure gameplay in 3D. Or it could all be something else we haven't anticipated. Both characters could have entirely new gameplay styles to where the only similarty between this and Generations is the fact that both Sonics are in it together and nothing more than that. The possibilities are endless. For now.

Anywho, I'm optimistic for this and very excited. Sonic Mania is already a guaranteed good game and success, so now I just gotta wait to see how this turns out. For the first time in 5 years, I feel hyped and hopeful for Sonic again and I'm proud to be a Sonic fan. <3

For all we know other characters just might be playable... Maybe Tails and Knuckles in Classic gameplay and Shadow and Blaze in modern lol?

I know its a stretch, but we don't know that much yet. I am hyped about the more serious tone. As long as its not ALL serious, no problems. SA1/2 weren't all serious either.

And yeah no way its going to be all doom and gloom serious burning cities and the like. Sonic always has lots of variety.

• Thumbs Up 1

It may not be coming to Wii U, but I'd be a fibber if I said I wasn't completely hyped for this more so than Mania.  The dystopian setting looks almost straight out of SatAM, love it.  I have no confidence any characters from that show will return, but I still love it.

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Totes.

I'm really psyched to see Eggman as the main antagonist of a "more serious" Sonic game. I hope they can balance making him intimidating and powerful while still keeping his charming, egotistical, and humorous personality in place. This could end up being one of Eggman's best villainous roles to date if they do this right.

Eat your hearts out, Black Doom and Mephiles. Let the master show you how to be a proper bad guy in a "darker" Sonic story.

Black arms will forever be more intimidating than any version of eggman , by virtue of intent and almost winning.

Eggman is funnier though

I honestly thought the more I let the Classic Sonic thing stew the more used to the idea I'd become but honestly, thinking about it is making it more silly to me. He really didn't need to be here. 

God. Classic could have had Sonic Mania and Modern Sonic could have had this. It's too perfect! That minor twinge of SEGA's oddness and their collective low self-esteem issues had to creep in here though. Damn.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Soniman said:

Yeah I'm really intimidated by a guy named Black Doom

I'm really intimidated by some guy named robotnik, they both have silly names. But in the end, what black doom was and was trying to do is forever more threatening than eggman. This is evil maniac vs , Old gods interms of intent

If eggy gets the upperhand, you get the comic timeline. If blackdoom gets the upper hand, everything on the planet and the planet dies. We are talking  Dr.Ocotopus Vs Galactus in terms of threat level. Eggman, funny  guy , love him. Not as threatening than the old god cosmic horror that has come to devour planets.

What a character tries/wants to do doesn't make them threatening. It's what they have and can do that'll help accomplish that goal....that makes them threatening.

17 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

And boring and out of nowhere to boot.

A reminder needs to be made that Black Arms needed Shadow's help to bring the Black Comet to Earth and take over a city. Eggman needed only his brains to build 3 giant Egg Robos just to fuck a city up.

They didn't, the final ending in that game kind of assumes you took the good/neutral path. And if you took the good/neutral path, you never actually help the black arms, they try to coerce you into doing so. And in the ending of that game, like whole cities are devoured and they had released a paralitic gas rendering almost everyone on the planet unable to move as they got devoured. So by the endning of that game, black arms did most of everything whilst shadow was dicking around. And the only reason it stopped was because shadow was having a decent day, and wasn't feeling black doom.

If you think he's out of nowhere and bland, that's fair. Threat level? Oh he's higher, he ain't time eater. That's grandmaster, the nameless one, the one above all, types of threat level.But he's pretty high. Particularly high because there was only 1 person who could stop him

To connect this back to this trailer, I hope for a more serious tone and joining the resistance gives me a sliver of hope for other playable dudes. But I don't particularly have hope nor do I think its going to be that threatening. I think its generally going to be all over the place , the anger sonic had seemed to be completely lost as soon as classic sonic jumped in. So I exspect that to be the rest of the game. We will see though