Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Considering how a lot of people here actually like these characters, yes, MadmanRB, you do need to explain in more detail. I was sure to elaborate a bit (not a lot or else I'd probably have a five page dissertation on my hands, but enough for you to see the point) about why people found Knuckles, Amy, Gamma, etc. likable or otherwise didn't mind them in certain contexts when I discussed them. You on the other hand are just mindlessly bashing the characters and presenting your opinion for fact-- and putting words in people's mouth too, what with asking if we want another Elise when we have made it quite clear that we want our characters to be well-written and to have a different personality from her.

• Thumbs Up 7

12 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Omega: only put in a game to fill up space

Blaze (to a point): Only made to be another pointless "rival", if it were not for her backstory i would say she would be a bad characterr

Amy Rose: This is your idea of a girlfriend for Sonic?

Ok, these 3 are kinda silly. 

Omega's purpose, as explained in Sonic 06, was to defeat and restrain Shadow if he ever goes crazy again. He has a purpose, even if it isn't much. 

As for Blaze, she's never been Sonics rival ever. She may have had friendly rivalries with Sonic, but they are definitely far more allies and friends. Hell, Blaze wasn't even in Sonic Rivals, the game that had all the main rivals. 

Amy Rose has never ever been Sonics girlfriend. There's far more to disprove this idea than to approve this idea. 

Half of your points aren't actually character flaws, but more what you personally dislike of each character. There's nothing inherently wrong with writing a rude character, if they have good character balance. Rouge may be rude on occasion, but she has saved Shadow twice, and even defends Knuckles. She's a balanced character. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Look I am still getting over a head cold here and i will write out my ideas to the fullest.

I am not talking from reason I admit, my head is not in the clear i admit but let me sit down and write a entire 10 pages worth of what is wrong with sonic sometime to see why an outsider like me is upset at news like this for such a promising game.

Trust me I have not even began to bitch yet, you are really going to hate me when I build my energy again.

I am a man of my word and I will back myself up with a clearer head.

There's honestly nothing wrong with most of the extended Sonic cast as characters. And many of the characters are not worse as a character then Sonic himself.... The Sonic fanbase has be among the rare fanbases I've seen where so many hate on the non-core cast members... I could be bit wrong but even if they don't care for them you however don't see people normally outright hating Robin or Batgirl from the Batman series or say they should axe all the villeins except for the Joker do you?

3 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Look I am still getting over a head cold here and i will write out my ideas to the fullest.

I am not talking from reason I admit, my head is not in the clear i admit but let me sit down and write a entire 10 pages worth of what is wrong with sonic sometime to see why an outsider like me is upset at news like this for such a promising game.

Trust me I have not even began to bitch yet.

Pardon me, but perhaps it would be better if you actually attempted to argue with us, when you have a clear head. Did you actually initiate all of this knowing that you couldn't argue properly? 

And trust me, I do not want to hear you bitching. I just want fair arguments. 

• Thumbs Up 5

47 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Perhaps not but it does seem like a step in the wrong direction.

Creating a new character seems to be Segas sonic fallback when they know that they have a bad game in hand

This new character could be a villain for  all we know. All modern games bar Heroes and colors had new one off villains or monster of the week to use proper verbage.

I like how we don't even know what species this new character is. 

Yet they're apparently going to suck. lol.

• Thumbs Up 7

27 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

let me sit down and write a entire 10 pages worth of what is wrong with sonic sometime to see why an outsider like me is upset at news like this for such a promising game.

please don't, we don't need this topic to start circulating about the friends of the series. when it was discussed maybe months ago.

It's been done to death like every other debate in this series.

Seriously, think of any kind of topic and I guarantee you that it's talked to death at this point.

4 hours ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

I heard that the game is called Sonic Genealogy somewhere... But where?

lol what kind of name is this for a Sonic game? That doesn't sound like a name they can sell; just like "Sonic Excursion".

Also, I think people are just reading into this "new character" news way too much, I'm thinking it'll be like a Chip or Yacker situation.

Every Sonic game since going 3D has had terrible writing. Moreover, every new character since Sonic Adventure has been terrible.

People aren't being unreasonable when they don't want Sonic Team to shoehorn in more unnecessary and rubbish characters. Sonic Team has had almost 20 years to improve their writing standards, they haven't and they won't. Instead of weakly wishing in vain that they improve their writing standards, we should simply request that Sonic Team not introduce any further shitty characters. It's damage control.

Besides, why do we even need more characters? The Sonic cast is already far too big and filled with unnecessary characters who serve exactly the same function. If anything, Sonic Team should be trimming the cast rather than adding more pointless characters..

It's totally pointless to get rid of the characters they aren't using anyway...they should just keep them around for potential spin-off ideas.

I would love to see a couple of spinoff games featuring the other characters that would be great, if done well.

• Thumbs Up 2

They shouldn't literally delete the characters from lore, but it's also utterly moronic to make new characters when they have so many pointless and redundant characters. The series has far too many characters that serve the same function: They need to come down to a core of characters and make them mainstrays in the series. Because aside from Boom, they've been mindlessly throwing in pointless characters in as fanservice without even thinking of their role in the plot.

The Rival - Jet, Fang, Metal Sonic, Silver, Shadow, Knuckles. Sonic Team now has no idea what to do with Knuckles because they probably figured that two main stray rivals (Metal Sonic + Shadow) didn't need a third one needlessly clogging it up.

The Maverick - Rouge, Omega, Blaze.

The Cute Character - Amy, Cream, Charmy.

The Monster of the week - Chaos, BioLizard, Iblis, Time Eater, Deadly Six.

I could go on and on.

Like holy fuck, do we really need more redundant and pointless characters?

I'm still waiting for the day when Sonic Team announces a new Tails game. Would love another game like Tails' Adventure again.

Also, I don't think it would hurt to add just one more character to the mix.

13 minutes ago, Pixel said:

Every Sonic game since going 3D has had terrible writing. Moreover, every new character since Sonic Adventure has been terrible.

Sonic Adventure 2, Colors, rush, and black Knight have great stories in my opinion. Especially black knight

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm still waiting for Blaze's game.

Every other successful Sonic counterpart has gotten one. Where is Blaze? She's successful and awsome. If Shadow gets a game, than so should Blaze. Sega please, just give me more Blaze and Fang. I miss them so much Even though I literally just fell in love with Fang this morning.

They totally deserve games though. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I haven't played Rush.

Colors had an absolutely awful plot. I thought that was one point on which the Sonic fandom was actually united on?

Adventure 2's tone was cringeworthy and far too removed from the original source material of the Genesis games. It also had no characterisation whatsoever outside of Shadow and Eggman's character. Terrible voice acting too.

Black Knight's story is better than the others, but it's just rather generic RPG fare. 'Good girl turns evil'. It's far too predictable and pedestrian.

I don't really want to fuck this thread up with a story debate, but there's my opinion on them.