Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

10 minutes ago, Mightyray said:

So about the new character. I wouldn't mind seeing some more insects or bugs in the games? Maybe a beetle or a butterfly? I'd love to see a sonic styled spider or scorpion personally. Especially a jumping spider... they are so cute! 

I would also be really happy with an insect. Insects are really cool and I think they need more representation in media. I'm thinking something like this though: 

madame_malaria_the_mosquito_by_drawlover

(Awesome art and OC by Drawloverlala)

Or we could go with something like Charmy. I always liked his design. And beetles are cool too.

• Thumbs Up 8

8 hours ago, Pixel said:

Every Sonic game since going 3D has had terrible writing. Moreover, every new character since Sonic Adventure has been terrible.

People aren't being unreasonable when they don't want Sonic Team to shoehorn in more unnecessary and rubbish characters. Sonic Team has had almost 20 years to improve their writing standards, they haven't and they won't. Instead of weakly wishing in vain that they improve their writing standards, we should simply request that Sonic Team not introduce any further shitty characters. It's damage control.

Besides, why do we even need more characters? The Sonic cast is already far too big and filled with unnecessary characters who serve exactly the same function. If anything, Sonic Team should be trimming the cast rather than adding more pointless characters..

Finally somebody here who speaks some sense and getting to the point that I was trying to make again when I recover I intend to give my own thoughts but a lot of what you said I agree with. (though trying to combat mods in the way you did not cool, I am a malcontent Sonic fan but no need for that stuff)

Modern Sonic Sucks in my not so humble opinion. Most of everything post Adventure 2 to me is dead air except for Generations, Colors and Lost world.

From the gimmicky motion control games, to the crappy new characters every 9 seconds, awful story lines, terrible villains, awful gameplay the list goes on and on.

And while I am not as extreme as Pixel I do have my beef with modern sonic.

This is not just nostalgia talking either, I honestly wish it was.

Again give me some time, I am not good health here but my opinion on a new character does stand as do some of my harsh opinion on modern Sonic.

Consider this announcement bad timing as I am usually better at ranting and raving and bitching and moaning :D

..we serious?

I was one of the very people here in this thread complaining about the whole "new character" from the start, but my complaint wasn't on the new character itself - it was on the fact that Sonic Team saw a need to create one instead of using the many they already have. Complain about Sonic Team's practices, but I'd say we keep the complaint towards the new character in the neutral because there's no telling if they could surprise us as a decent one. That is, if you're actually being open-minded about it.

6 hours ago, Mightyray said:

So about the new character. I wouldn't mind seeing some more insects or bugs in the games? Maybe a beetle or a butterfly? I'd love to see a sonic styled spider or scorpion personally. Especially a jumping spider... they are so cute! 

Now I'm missing the old days when Archie had spider ninja's...would be a good base for them to take notes from if we did have a spider character.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, well others follow the less dogmatic and more flexible saying of "Learn from yours (and others) mistakes." People don't seem to realize that, yes, mistakes do have value in improving things rather than avoiding them.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

..we serious?

I was one of the very people here in this thread complaining about the whole "new character" from the start, but my complaint wasn't on the new character itself - it was on the fact that Sonic Team saw a need to create one instead of using the many they already have. Complain about Sonic Team's practices, but I'd say we keep the complaint towards the new character in the neutral because there's no telling if they could surprise us as a decent one. That is, if you're actually being open-minded about it.

An old character can't always fulfill the same role as a new one. Look at Chip for example.

2 minutes ago, Marcello said:

An old character can't always fulfill the same role as a new one. Look at Chip for example.

What does that have to do with what I was saying?

Just now, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

What does that have to do with what I was saying?

>

1 hour ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

but my complaint wasn't on the new character itself - it was on the fact that Sonic Team saw a need to create one instead of using the many they already have.

You can't always use an old character for stuff.

10 minutes ago, Marcello said:

>

You can't always use an old character for stuff.

You can always use an old character for plenty of stuff when you develop them in a direction for it, especially if you actually bother to use them. Not to mention you're disregarding the fact that I'm actually giving the character a chance to be decent and useful despite the practice of making them in the first place. So let's not go chery-picking sentences out of context here.

1 hour ago, MadmanRB said:

Tell that one to Sega sometime, when they are not eating their own belly button lint and thinking trees can talk

How about I tell it to fans making mountain out of molehills to gloom and complain. Really dude, you're being ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

You can always use an old character for plenty of stuff when you develop them in a direction for it, especially if you actually bother to use them. Not to mention you're disregarding the fact that I'm actually giving the character a chance to be decent and useful despite the practice of making them in the first place. So let's not go chery-picking sentences out of context here.

Yes, you can use the old characters for plenty of things, but sometimes the plot needs a new character. Chip's story couldn't have been done with any other character.

I never said you weren't giving the new character a chance, so I don't see why that matters. I was arguing a specific point.

• Thumbs Up 6

12 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Yes, you can use the old characters for plenty of things, but sometimes the plot needs a new character. Chip's story couldn't have been done with any other character.

I never said you weren't giving the new character a chance, so I don't see why that matters. I was arguing a specific point.

Yes, sometimes the plot needs a new character, but not in almost every game. And it matters because this has been the practice for a good majority of games in this franchise instead of using what they've already have, which was half my point.

You're arguing a specific point that wasn't even implied and in a post that was encouraging people to be open-minded about this despite being annoyed at the practice, so I don't even know why you felt a need to cherry-pick and say a new character is needed sometimes when that is completely besides the point I was making.

50 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

You can always use an old character for plenty of stuff when you develop them in a direction for it, especially if you actually bother to use them. Not to mention you're disregarding the fact that I'm actually giving the character a chance to be decent and useful despite the practice of making them in the first place. So let's not go chery-picking sentences out of context here.

How about I tell it to fans making mountain out of molehills to gloom and complain. Really dude, you're being ridiculous.

Again I'm not the one who made Sonic into a werewolf  now am I? ;)

2 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Again I'm not the one who made Sonic into a werewolf  now am I? ;)

I don't recall saying you did, and I suggest you re-read what I was telling you because it wasn't about Sonic Team's mistakes.

IMO , a new character is a great idea.

The story will be more interesting with a new character, because he/she can push the story in a better way than an old character would.

• Thumbs Up 5

53 minutes ago, Fusion Zamasu said:

IMO , a new character is a great idea.

The story will be more interesting with a new character, because he/she can push the story in a better way than an old character would.

Nonsense, this franchise already has dozens of characters that Sega through underneath the bus and for what reason money there's no reason for a new character whatsoever. In a franchise loaded with crappy characters with no purpose why do we need another one in the junk pile. I see no justification nor any reason why there should be any new characters to this already bloated fetid corpse of a franchise. Ever hear of quality over quantity I think not. But hey you're a Dragon Ball Z fan I'm sure you're familiar with character overload something that obviously never happens in that miserable cuss of a franchise. No wait it does my bad but hey dragon Ball Z all about the cool Factor

14 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Nonsense, this franchise already has dozens of characters that Sega through underneath the bus and for what reason money there's no reason for a new character whatsoever. In a franchise loaded with crappy characters with no purpose why do we need another one in the junk pile. I see no justification nor any reason why there should be any new characters to this already bloated fetid corpse of a franchise

Dude, stop shitting on others opinions. We've asked you about who these "crappy characters" are, and you've barely justified yourself, if at all. You're still not justifying yourself, and acting like your opinion is fact. We know your opinion now, so please stop pushing it down others throats.

And why are you attacking another person's franchise for no reason? It's not cool. Stop trying to make an unnecessarily hostile environment. 

If Sega makes a story relevant character that is well written, I don't see how that would be a problem.

• Thumbs Up 7

Silver the Hedgehog is a crappy character Shadow the Hedgehog is a crappy character Blaze is a crappy character or do you need a shopping list? And yes I do have my justifications for saying that. Hey I'm not stopping you from saying how nice and lovely they are

Im a DB fan, but I was a Sonic fan way before that.

What I meant, sorry for my English, is that a  new character can make the story more original.

In MY opinion, it would be boring if every game was about  Sonic, Tails and the others fighting Eggman with no addition to the cast.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

still having issue deleting this part, mods remove, again stupid browser glitch!

25 minutes ago, Fusion Zamasu said:

Im a DB fan, but I was a Sonic fan way before that.

What I meant, sorry for my English, is that a  new character can make the story more original.

In MY opinion, it would be boring if every game was about  Sonic, Tails and the others fighting Eggman with no addition to the cast.

Now we are getting places, now yes I agree expanding a cast is not a bad idea itself but how its handled is where my issue stands here.

Sega has done little to assure us that making a new character is a good idea here,it all deals on how they handled their other Sonic characters.

And the cast is already very loaded with a load of useless, badly written, badly motivated characters.

Again this is something I will address in a reply (I was sort of going to start composing today on that post I promised earlier)

Look I am only cynical because  someone has to call Sega out on this, I would honestly love to hear one good, valid reason why Sonic needs this new character outside of "to make money"

A character needs to exist in writing for three reasons:

They serve a narrative purpose

They serve a critical purpose

They serve a plot related purpose

Or two  or all of the above.

There is such things as background characters and this is something we have to muck about sometimes to fill in the blanks, such as creating parent characters and so fourth but in a franchise loaded with characters you have to have justification.

Now have i myself made a new character or two for sonic?

Yes I have but those characters exist outside the bubble of the cannon media, and most do have a story line reason to be.

But this is the main series we are talking about, something that has become the blunt end of the joke over the last few years.

I feel Sonic 2017 is the make it or break it title for this series from this point onward, sure Mania  has its place but this is from Sega itself.

Sega can ether save sonic or kill it.

I am just starting to write my thing, patience, plus still getting over a head cold here.

Give me two days, a fair start and I write fast when in full power.

I hope you feel better soon, but if you're not prepared, there's no need to write. Get over your cold first.

Beside,s you really don't need a 20 page essay to make your point. When I ask for elaboration, I really just need a few sentences of more substance than "Well, it sucks! Need I say more?" If you have your justifications, it shouldn't be difficult to summarize why you don't like these characters and why its pointless to try to improve them.

6 minutes ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

I guess the new character is going to be a villain.

I hope that's not the case. We got the Deadly six, and then lyric and then dfekt. Okay, Sticks came in between and she is in the good side, but after that it's two more villains.

I was hoping they will use the other characters, but now that we're getting a new one,i hope he/she turns out to be in the good side.

If the 3rd playable character is Boom Sonic, then I wonder how the gameplay with the enerbeam is gonna work...