Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

24 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Awful. Completely awful. Exactly what I didn't want. Generations 2: Grimdark Edition. Fuck me sideways.

Short of further expletives that's really all I've got to say, so I won't shit up the thread any further.

When the fandom at large have been calling for Pontac and Graff's head on a stake for 5 years this was bound to happen

Kinda bummed right now, will wait for gameplay, classic sonic should not be there 

• Thumbs Up 7

Okay, so Ian Flynn and Evan Stanley are now writing for Sonic Boom Season 2, right? What if this means that Sega trusts them with telling more stories and this one was the big reason to bump them up for more Sonic projects? 

10 minutes ago, LongcrierCat said:

"JOIN THE RESISTANCE"

Okay, so this is Sonic Bad Future then? Sounds like Sonic needs a ton of friends to fight off an Eggman ruled world. Like a team of.... well... Freedom Fighters? 

Makes me think that they kept the game's title hidden as to not give something like that away. 

I can easily see this shaping up like a romp through time and space where Sonic teams up with the local populus to tackle each problem in hand. In one world, Eggman rules the world and Sonic needs help from Classic to save it, in another, the Freedom Fighters need Sonic to give the extra push to save the day.

hmm....

Holy shit it's Generations 2 but now it's edgy

I mean fuck it I got Mania so I'm happy either way, but it would really be nice to have just one good 3D Sonic game at some point in my lifetime

• Thumbs Up 1

If classic sonic had been knuckles, I'd have cried. For now, LOOKS AMAZING! But, I'm still waiting for details... love the theme though! 

Sonic does a slide and boost and the two well recieved Boost games were mentioned, so this is probably Boost gameplay.

Classic Sonic is back.

The city looks like a destroyed Spagonia, so I guess that's the gimmick here. Old stages, but destroyed.

Basically everything I didn't want.

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm glad we have a dark tone back as well. As long as we go more to the days of Adventure-dark and not ShTH-dark, this will sit well with me tone wise. And given that Classic Sonic is there, I'm expecting it to have some mixed moments where things are brighter and that the dark teaser was done to hype folks up. Actually makes me more welcoming of Classic Sonic after saying that.

1 minute ago, LongcrierCat said:

Okay, so Ian Flynn and Evan Stanley are now writing for Sonic Boom Season 2, right? What if this means that Sega trusts them with telling more stories and this one was the big reason to bump them up for more Sonic projects? 

Oh, I can only dream that'll be the case.

But I'm gonna beware of getting too hyped over all of this.

• Thumbs Up 3

This was the very first time in all of the pandering and teasing they've been doing for the 25th anniversary that I actually got excited about something. I was actually sweating when the trailer started which I didn't think was possible anymore.

And then I saw Classic Sonic and I was like "OH... oh.... yeah..." 

I mean... come on guys. Sonic Mania is Classic Sonic's thing. Fire and Ice is Boom Sonic's thing. Let Modern Sonic have his thing. 

And this immediately confirms it's not going to be a full 3D title either. Classic will be 2D and instead of making Modern Sonic the 3D half like they should have done in Generations, they're going to make it 2.5D.

Dammit. I was 100% excited and then Classic showed up and bumped the excitement down to 85%. Almost had me in full. Almost.

Still, looking forward to it.

• Thumbs Up 5

I just realized something incredible...

If rolling physics are back in Sonic Mania... then maybe Sega might, just might, improve classic Sonic's physics in this new 3D game too

I don't think my heart can handle this possibility. I need to know more about this game. I NEED THIS

• Thumbs Up 9

Boy does this raise some questions and boy was I screeching excitedly at this. The apocalyptic look is actually kinda disturbing after all the lighthearted cartoony plots we've had the last few games, and those giant Death Egg Robot looking things look threatening as hell. Can't wait to see the gameplay footage drop sometime in the near future, and how SEGA's marketing the two games. Two Sonic games to look forward to, both focusing on little ol' Needlemouse. 2017's gonna be a hell of a ride.

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm crazy excited for both this and Sonic Mania. It feels so good to feel genuine excitement for Sonic again. I forgot this feeling.

As a ginormous Adventure fan, I really am digging the darker tone of this game. It contrasts beautifully with Mania. We get the best of both worlds.

Though I gotta say, as excited as I am, when they said "but even heroes need help" I was 100% expecting Tails to show up. A bit disappointed to see Classic Sonic here again, especially with Mania being a thing. Though I'm still really looking forward to seeing gameplay of this.

• Thumbs Up 7

*Not gonna be full 3D*

Well, that kinda put a bigger ding in my cautious hype. Oh well, I'm taking what I can get right now.

I can't wait for the edgy Sonic's death scene where he dies again for the 3rd time within the past 10 years.

• Thumbs Up 5

Man, I love classic Sonic and even I think including him in the next mainline game is overdoing it a bit at this point. Also the Crisis City-esque tone isn't really my cup of tea. (although I guess it is worth mentioning that modern Sonic's shoes now seem to have a glossy sheen to them, similar to how the badniks in Lost World looked)

But whatever. Gonna need some actual gameplay before I feel anything that resembles interest. Marza Planet's amazing and all, but fully CGI trailers don't really do it for me anymore.

• Thumbs Up 5

5 minutes ago, McGroose said:

I was excited when I read "But even heroes need help" I instantly thought "Hell yes! Tails and Knuckles playable in a 3D game!"

Than I saw Classic Sonic. D:

This trailer surprisingly did nothing for me. That's actually something I didn't expect, to be honest. I thought that this would be the most exciting part of the event.

Oh Iizuka, you're a clever one you, saying that this will be a totally original game and not a sequel. Maybe in the title, but I'm not so sure about everything else. :/

How can someone look at this and not think it's a sequel to Sonic Generations? We see Sonic go through what's implied to be Unleashed style daytime level design, followed by Classic Sonic being with him and no other characters, fighting Egg Robos. Hell, the setting is a city... just like the other half of Generations.

Definitely excited for Sonic Mania now, but I really don't care about this. I feels weird saying that, but these are my thoughts so far.  What really puzzles me is how Sonic Mania has so many more dislikes on the reveal trailer than this trailer. I don't really want SA3, but what I want is a completely 3D Sonic game. I'm so sick of it being half Modern and half 2D. It's not even going to be half, probably more like 70-75% when you take in all of the 2D parts of Modern level design. I know that we haven't seen any gameplay, and I really hope that gameplay footage will make me excited and put my concerns to aside, but I'm doubting it.

Crisis City Escape looks neat, I guess.

Crisis City Escape Run you mean

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, McGroose said:

I was excited when I read "But even heroes need help" I instantly thought "Hell yes! Tails and Knuckles playable in a 3D game!"

I started getting so hyped at that moment too, expecting to see other characters. Not the exact same twist we saw last time. It was an awesome twist before, but also one that i explicitly did not want to see again.

Okay, I'm dwelling. Just... disappointed man.

• Thumbs Up 5

I just wanna say that we probably shouldn't get our hopes up for playable characters besides the Sonics, or anything that isn't boost gameplay.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

I just realized something incredible...

If rolling physics are back in Sonic Mania... then maybe Sega might, just might, improve classic Sonic's physics in this new 3D game too

I don't think my heart can handle this possibility. I need to know more about this game. I NEED THIS

Sonic Mania is being developed by a completely different team, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, KHCast said:

Crisis City Escape Run you mean

Do people really see Spagonia in this? I'm getting more of an Apotos vibe. 

Let me guess... After the events of sonic generations, time got shifted and now we lived in a different timeline where eggman won. So now sonic have to team up with his past self (and his sonic boom self :V ) to save the world.

Also is it me or does the city being destroyed look like city escape? 

But yeah, I'm hyped. Although, considering that it's a "new experience" I'm gonna have to wait until I see some gameplay videos before I overhype myself..

42 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

BZZZZZZZZZZZ

...Sorry? What was that? I missed what you said.

I don't know whether to be excited or not. No gameplay and I'm just not that interested of seeing the Modern & Classic Sonic duo again. It worked first time, but the second time?

Can't wait to see more, but since this game isn't coming out until Holiday 2017, we won't be seeing anything from this game for a while. So it looks like it's all about Fire & Ice this year.

If it is boost gameplay, I guarantee the gameplay is pretty much gonna be more of the same of what we saw in Gens with no meaningful changes. The boost gameplay is extremely inflexible and shallow, Generations took it as far as it could possibly go.

• Thumbs Up 2

But seriously, of all the bad options we could've been given, this is pretty much the least bad. Unexciting? Sure. A little silly, with the grimdark? Yeah, probly. But it doesn't have a 50% chance of being absolute trash, which are the odds Sonic usually bets on. If it's really just another Generations... then hey, Generations wasn't all that bad at all. Maybe we're just kinda spoiled by a franchise that shifts focus dramatically between each individual installment.

• Thumbs Up 2