Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

4 minutes ago, Scar said:

This a new screenshot and a nice one too. Look at that Sonic model. That is a nice Sonic model.

『ソニックマニア』は昔のファンが喜ぶ作品に! 『ソニックフォース』やシリーズ展開を飯塚さんが語る

See. I can be positive too!

That's old lol

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

I think that MIGHT be from a CGi scene... Something about it looks too... I dunno...

Could be in-game.

That's most definitely in-game. It was shown in the Famitsu article awhile back with some other gameplay screen-shots.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Zippo said:

That's old lol

Wow.

This thread moves so fast, I missed a whole screenshot. Damn.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Scar said:

Wow.

This thread moves so fast, I missed a whole screenshot. Damn.

Umm...

That wasn't something you could exactly 'miss'...

Just now, Detective Kaito said:

My hype is dead. I'll wait for E3 before I lose all hope.

I'M WAITING...

4 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

That's most definitely in-game. It was shown in the Famitsu article awhile back with some other gameplay screen-shots.

I totally agree.

Does anyone think that the Chao Garden will ever return? I would be surprised if it returned for Forces.

1 hour ago, Scar said:

I just zoomed in a little on that screenshot, and has anyone else noticed that his arms don't cleanly attach to his torso? It's pretty noticeable with his right arm especially. It probably won't be visible in the actual game, but it looks pretty weird in this shot.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Scar said:

This a new screenshot and a nice one too. Look at that Sonic model. That is a nice Sonic model.

Also the music. Its random. The tune is fun and quirky. Reminds me of Sonic 2 Multiplayer music for some reason. The problem is, it makes no sense. Why does it sound like actual mega drive music? Its a 3D game. It makes no sense. Oh well. We'll see what happens.

That one may be old, but it's much higher res than what we had before, so I appriciate seeing it posted, personally. Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 5

44 minutes ago, Kellan said:

I just zoomed in a little on that screenshot, and has anyone else noticed that his arms don't cleanly attach to his torso? It's pretty noticeable with his right arm especially. It probably won't be visible in the actual game, but it looks pretty weird in this shot.

You know nothing FOOL!

It's a call back, to Sonic Adventure!

Mwua ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Read that while imagining Eggman's voice from that game, you'll get it. lol

• Thumbs Up 3

Lol I got it fool! It's a reference to Sonic Adventure, the God of terrible cutscenes! Mwuahahahahaha!

You're gonna crash, ah!

It doesn't matter how old the screenshot is, it still looks beautiful and really shows what the lighting engine in the game can really do!

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Kool Kirb said:

Lol I got it fool! It's a reference to Sonic Adventure, the God of terrible cutscenes! Mwuahahahahaha!

Hide contents

You're gonna crash, ah!

It doesn't matter how old the screenshot is, it still looks beautiful and really shows what the lighting engine in the game can really do!

I love you people here so much. lol

But yeah, hope the game really does look that good from start to finish in the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even Dusty Green Hill looks pretty dank if only because of the lighting engine! If there's one thing I'm sure of it's that this game is at least going to look amazing!

2 hours ago, Scar said:

I also want to point out the art style used for the sky, it looks very...

Skyward Sword-ish in style...

I like it. Kind of as if it was painted in there.

The clouds do kind of have a painted feel to it, as do the mountains in the far back of the background. I kinda like it too!

The trees still aren't doing it for me though. They look like the game is wigging out trying to render them. lol

Asides that, pretty place.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:25 PM, Chris Knopps said:

The trees still aren't doing it for me though. They look like the game is wigging out trying to render them. lol

Asides that, pretty place.

Yeah. The buildings look very detailed and then the trees are just a mess of cubes. It looks super out of place.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Kellan said:

Oh that screenshot is good!

But yes one of the arms look like they aren't attached, that's odd.

The trees have holes burned through them, I never noticed until now.

Also, Sonic's model in this game isn't smiling by default, that's interesting. He doesn't seem to have Generations/Lost World's lip gloss either.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Scar said:

Also the music. Its random. The tune is fun and quirky. Reminds me of Sonic 2 Multiplayer music for some reason. The problem is, it makes no sense. Why does it sound like actual mega drive music? Its a 3D game. It makes no sense. Oh well. We'll see what happens.

I dunno if it's been pointed out before but I just happened to notice it myself--that tree in the corner is like the type from the Lost World cutscenes that take place on the surface. I just find it interesting they're incorporating that since prior it seemed kind of random and sudden, but it's neat to see it called back to and build the world a little bit with touches like that. Maybe they can make these games' world feel a little more cohesive from one iteration to another now.

I don't think the trees will look that out of place in the final build. Here's what they look like in their most polished state in the screenshots, for example:

Y12hbSC.jpg?1

They're more apparently detailed, and have leaf-less branches sticking out on the burn sides. A little more detail, but it goes a long way.

Also, it's pretty apparent that Sonic's model is still unfinished at this point, or at least when the stage's screenshots were taken.

XALq4vk.jpg?1

There's the black spot on his glove that some people have pointed out before, when these shots released, but if you zoom in further, you can see that his shoe is pretty low-poly compared to previous models, the sole texture is off-center, and if you zoom in on his muzzle, it doesn't even appear to be attached to his face yet.

The game still appears to be in an unfinished state, even with these HD screenshots they're showing off; touching up what needs to be seen, while ignoring most else... Not sure I like that strategy, tbh. Feels like they just got started on the graphical elements of the game, and yet are rushing shots out the door for the sake of it...

• Thumbs Up 4

10 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

I don't think the trees will look that out of place in the final build. Here's what they look like in their most polished state in the screenshots, for example:

Y12hbSC.jpg?1

They're more apparently detailed, and have leaf-less branches sticking out on the burn sides. A little more detail, but it goes a long way.

The game still appears to be in an unfinished state, even with these HD screenshots they're showing off; touching up what needs to be seen, while ignoring most else... Not sure I like that strategy, tbh. Feels like they just got started on the graphical elements of the game, and yet are rushing shots out the door for the sake of it...

Thanks for pointing this out.

Looks like I'm spot on with the rendering issues. They have the primary tree's detailed and left those in the background unfinished. The weird looking cube trees have the exact same hole blown through them.

So this means Green Hill and this zone are far from complete...

I don't see a 2017 release happening if the game is this far off even on the first stages.

7 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Like I said with music, the character models are something that can be tweaked independently of the level designs. Sonic Team can continuously update Sonic's character model right until Sonic Forces goes gold and it won't impact the rest of the game. The exception of course being pre-rendered cutscenes, which I assume uses an entirely different (and higher resolution) character model.

4 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

I don't think the trees will look that out of place in the final build. Here's what they look like in their most polished state in the screenshots

It didn't strike me as out of place, per se. When I said they were random and sudden prior, I was referring to their first appearance in Lost World. Seeing them again, or rather noticing them finally, it starts to feel like they could making an effort to develop the world and make the way it's seen more consistent from one game to the next instead of switching it up all the time or trying to get around it by putting Sonic on alien planets or whatever.

12 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

That might explain why the Switch Direct footage (which may or may not have been running off Switch hardware, idk) has some oddities like monitors clipping into one another and the complete lack of background elements we just saw this week.

Green Sand Hill looks meh like everything else ive seen of this game, the wait to be dazzled continues

I wish people lay off Tomoya tho, dudes great, Sonic Team just needs to use its dozen other great composers they havee on hand