Awoo.

Has Sonic CD Remastered been removed from Google Play Store?

molul

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• molul

• TheOcelot

• Indigo Rush

• goku262002

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't seem to find it on the Play Store either. Thankfully I still have the app and do not plan on deleting it anytime soon. If you've already purchased it, you should be able to re-download it through the "My apps and games" tab under "ALL". I was able to re-download ChuChu Rocket that way.

It's weird that Sonic CD was removed, though. It's a solid app, no less functional and playable than Sonic 1 or 2 mobile.

I had a difficult time finding it, because they applications can't be sorted by name, but I found it. Phew! I was getting really angry with Google/Sega for this. Thanks!

EDIT:

A guy from Google Play confirmed Sega removed it. No reasons given, apparently. The guy gave me the contact email and I've asked them if there's any reason for removing it. I wonder if it's due to an important update... Didn't something similar happen with Sonic 1 Remastered?

It's because they're adding Knuckles as a payable character

Gene over on Retro explained why it was removed a few months back:

No worries. Sonic CD's down due to some maintenance.

You know how when you download Sonic CD, you're just downloading an installer to the game data? Some people are having trouble with that portion causing the game to be inoperable.

It should be back up before long. :v:

If they need Taxman to provide the updated version (which they almost certainly do), remember he's been quite busy lately! Then the new update has to be approved before release which can take time.

I wish Google Play would hurry up and release the update for Sonic 1 which fixes the soundtest issue. The app store got the Sonic 1 update months ago.

Interesting. I wish they took the chance to add stuff like Knuckles, level select (mandatory!) and the same touch controls (both skin and customization) from Sonic 1 and 2.

11 minutes ago, molul said:

Interesting. I wish they took the chance to add stuff like Knuckles, level select (mandatory!) and the same touch controls (both skin and customization) from Sonic 1 and 2.

Maybe they will. With Sonic Mania on the way to current-gen consoles - kind of a spiritual successor to Sonic CD, perhaps - then it would only make sense to bring CD and the Sonic 1&2 remasters to current-gen as well.

One thing to note is that Sonic CD remastered was made using an older version of Taxman's retro engine, so an updated version to add the features you suggested would have to be done on the newer version of the retro engine which would take time.

Oh, I didn't know that it was done with a previous version. Still, maybe adding Knuckles is a bit big effort that needs a new engine, but a level select and changing the touch controls look shouldn't need a whole new engine. I mean, one of the features is programming a level select screen and the other one is changing a texture. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

I've always wanted a level select to be able to finish the game with all time stones and stuff. Doing it in the same run is really difficult. The "past" and "future" mechanics are difficult, the special stage is REALLY difficult... A level select after finishing the game would improve the user experience a lot.

• 3 months later...
On 7/27/2016 at 2:16 PM, BenderMania said:

Maybe they will. With Sonic Mania on the way to current-gen consoles - kind of a spiritual successor to Sonic CD, perhaps - then it would only make sense to bring CD and the Sonic 1&2 remasters to current-gen as well.

One thing to note is that Sonic CD remastered was made using an older version of Taxman's retro engine, so an updated version to add the features you suggested would have to be done on the newer version of the retro engine which would take time.

If they do so, I hope these changes come back to pc version as well =D

If the update comes, I hope they get rid of the android buttons. Sonic 1 & 2 remastered hide these buttons, but they are always there on sonic cd