Awoo.

(Rumor) Mega Man game based on The Animated Series

Ryannumber1gamer

Yep, looks like Capcom decided to strike with the irony stick, because there's now rumors that a new Mega Man game is in development. Hooray! Something to wash away the bad taste left by Mighty No. 9 right?

Yeah, well no. 

Because it's based on this:

MegaMan_rightv.jpg

Spoiler

If you want to hear some even worse news? The consoles the game is supposedly being developed on are as follows: PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PS Vita, and PC. With development being apparently outsourced for 3DS and Mobile development. Beginning to sound like a Mighty big project isn't it guys?

This Mega Man game could very possibly go the route of Mighty No. 9 if it's not careful honestly. Not only would a game like this be rushed out to tie into the release, but it's gonna have a ton of ports, and likely a ton of voice acting and additional crap like that in order to tie into the release of the series.

While all of this is rumor, I'd say it's likely true. Capcom is a game development studio after all, so it's highly likely they'd want a game out to collide with the TV show's release in order to generate buzz for both of the products. 

Earlier this year, DHX Media and Dentsu Entertainment announced their joint collaboration to produce a new animated series for Capcom’s Mega Man some time in 2017. Now rumors are surfacing that a new Mega Man game based upon this animated series is in the works, possibly to coincide with the launch of the new series as well as the franchise’s 30th anniversary.
These sources as reported by The Mega Man Network claim that Capcom is internally developing the game for Xbox One, Wii U, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PC. However, Capcom has outsourced development for the Nintendo 3DS and mobile to an “undisclosed company.” 
These rumors also claim that the upcoming game is a 2D platformer like its predecessors but with “high quality high definition graphics.” Mega Man himself will take the name bestowed upon him from the show, Aki Light, and the bosses he will run across won’t continue the WORD-Man schtick they have for all these years. Instead, they’re going to have musical names, including “Flare Symphony,” “Frostbite Sonata,” and “Saber Waltz.”

Everything about the game is 100% rumor, but the animated series, including the name “Aki Light” are absolutely real. From the original press release, this is what we can expect from the animated series:

Fans have been clamoring for a new Mega Man game from Capcom for years, but I’m not sure this is what they have in mind. 

Full Article Link: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/07/22/rumor-new-mega-man-game-coming/

So what do you guys think about this supposedly new Mega M- sorry. Aki Light game?

I can't really feel anything. Yeah the design doesn't look that great but I'd actually like to see what the show would look like and if the game is real I want to see the game in action. I'm sure we'll get a game based off this show they're pretty much pulling a Battle Network/NT Warrior on us again so we'll see. Plus if the game plays like the classics or like X then I'll be down for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still don't get the doom and gloom about the Mega Man cartoon when we've seen fuck all of it.

So yeah, nice that we might actually be getting a Mega Man game again.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Nix said:

I still don't get the doom and gloom about the Mega Man cartoon when we've seen fuck all of it.

So yeah, nice that we might actually be getting a Mega Man game again.

The design looks bad, the concept sounds endless generic, especially when a series that remains true to the games could be awesome, see Archie Mega Man. Man of Action hasn't been known for doing many good things other than the original Ben 10.

Even tho we haven't seen anything from the show the problem why people are a bit cautious about it is because it sounds like an animated adaptation of the dream wave comic which a lot of people claim that it sucks.

Also @Ryannumber1gamer you clearly haven't seen Generator Rex that's actually the last good thing Man of Action has done.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Even tho we haven't seen anything from the show the problem why people are a bit cautious about it is because it sounds like an animated adaptation of the dream wave comic which a lot of people claim that it sucks.

Also @Ryannumber1gamer you clearly haven't seen Generator Rex that's actually the last good thing Man of Action has done.

I actually completely forgot about Generator Rex.

Alright, two good things.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The design looks bad, the concept sounds endless generic, especially when a series that remains true to the games could be awesome, see Archie Mega Man. Man of Action hasn't been known for doing many good things other than the original Ben 10.

I think the design of Mega Man is fine and I'm not sure how the concept of the show is "endless generic"?  We've been given a vague synopsis of the show that details little to nothing.  Is the problem that he's in school or something?  If anything I get the tiniest bit of a My Life as a Teenage Robot vibe from the synopsis and I dunno, I thought that show was pretty cool (maybe Astro Boy would be a better comparison?  I dunno, I still don't see the generic part).

Ben 10 and Generator Rex were fine too, so...

I still don't get it.

• Thumbs Up 3

ihaveabadfeeling-luke.gif?w=520

I wasn't digging this new show to begin with... being similar to an apparently crappy comic and basically being Mega Man Evolution... Bleh. Man of Action really has to impress me here.

Now, I am actually not all that surprised to see the next Mega Man game take this direction, much to my dismay. If this is true, and Capcom decided to go all Mighty No. 9 on us with the porting...

We'll be crying like an anime fan on prom night.

We're supposed to learn from Inafune, not repeat the same mistakes.

Man of Action has terrible promotional art if you want to be technical. 

1411270-generatorrex003.jpg

This was the one of the first pieces of promotional art they used. I remember seeing it in the back of a sonic comic and I had no idea what to expect. It didn't look interesting or appealing at all. Doesn't help that he's in an awkward position and it's just a plain white background

• The topic was locked