Nepenthe

Subforum Autumn Cleaning + Mania/Forces Thread Archive List

So if I find a hands on/gameplay video like the Polygon video I posted yesterday that doesn't really have much in the way of news but just shows off more of the game, should I give it it's own thread next time or just post it in the general?

9 minutes ago, Lime/Key/Parvati-Pai said:

Will we be cleaning out abandoned topics in the showcase? I'd like to get rid of some of mine.

Showcase threads tend to abide by the general rules and function of the forum, so whether we do a cleaning or not is gonna be dependent on how we feel the forum is doing and what specifically needs to be done. If you have problems with a few specific threads, just report them/ ask a staffer about them. I'm only doing this today because this particular subforum has become cluttered and lost purpose, and with two new games on the horizon it sorely needs some freshening up.

7 minutes ago, Wraith said:

So if I find a hands on/gameplay video like the Polygon video I posted yesterday, should I give it it's own thread next time or just post it in the general?

It depends. If the hands-on video reveals new stuff like new stages or cut scenes, because it's at a trade show or something, then give it its own thread. If it's just more videos of the same stuff we've already seen, you can either put it in the general topic as a reminder or an existing video topic on the same subject. Like, say someone has already beat you to the punch made a thread about videos showing new zones for Mania. If you come across a different hands-on of those same zones, you can post it in that thread.

What I'm trying to do is facilitate is a broader use of this subforum for talking about new games in a fashion that promotes easy access to new information for everyone, to find a middle ground between the big, daunting megathreads we have pinned at the top and what we have now is basically people dumping anything and everything that has to do with Sega's future in here. Does that make sense?

22 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

It depends. If the hands-on video reveals new stuff like new stages or cut scenes, because it's at a trade show or something, then give it its own thread. If it's just more videos of the same stuff we've already seen, you can either put it in the general topic as a reminder or an existing video topic on the same subject. Like, say someone has already beat you to the punch made a thread about videos showing new zones for Mania. If you come across a different hands-on of those same zones, you can post it in that thread.

What I'm trying to do is facilitate is a broader use of this subforum for talking about new games in a fashion that promotes easy access to new information for everyone, to find a middle ground between the big, daunting megathreads we have pinned at the top and what we have now is basically people dumping anything and everything that has to do with Sega's future in here. Does that make sense?

Yeah. Actual, headline worthy information gets a topic but everything else can go in a general thread. I get ya

It's been nearly a year since both Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces launched, but it's time to do a bit of housekeeping and move threads over to Green Hills Zone or trash anything we don't need (locked topics, spam, duplicates, etc.). This will naturally include Sonic Mania Plus as it is an update/expansion of the base game.

I realize this leaves the upcoming games forum with just Team Sonic Racing as a focus... y'all can blame Sega for that one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't want to just move things and leave it at that though, so I'm putting together a small list of topics for easy access and perusal. I mostly went for threads that had some interesting discussion or unique information like interviews or discussed specific facets of the games that will likely still be talked about beyond their release. Some of them, like the sales threads or the Plus update thread, are still rather active and see regular discussion.

The original Sonic Mania megathread and the original Sonic Forces megathread. These are still locked but I've left them for archival reasons.

Sonic Mania & Forces Interview(s)

Rolling Stone Interviews Christian Whitehead (Taxman)

Sonic Forces OST Thread

Sonic Mania Soundtrack thread

Sonic Mania Sales thread

Sonic Forces sales

Sonic Mania 1.04/Plus thread (spoilers)

Sonic Mania Sequel Speculation

Sonic Forces Speed Battle

This is a pretty small selection and there are probably a few other noteworthy threads I may have missed. I'll re-open this thread for a bit if anyone has suggestions.