Awoo.

Anybody know how to get validated on Sonic Retro?

Hiki

Alrighty, so you know how you're supposed to make a validation post on Sonic Retro? I tried a couple of times on there to make validation posts, but they have yet to be verified. I'll show you the posts. Keep in mind that they are both in my validation thread "Hello People of Sonic Retro!"

"Hello, everyone! My name is SonikkuEkkusu, but you can call me Sonikku! I'm not really one for introductions, but I'll try my best! Well, here we go.

My real name is Joseph Smith. Ever since I was young, I've been into video games. I was interested in creating video games for a while, but that interest kind of faded away as I got older. Now I'm interested in creating animation and comics. Although I haven't made any of these, I'd like to create something in the future, but my ideas are not to be revealed... yet.

I spend my free time playing games, watching TV, and making art. If anyone wants to give me a request, I'll try to draw it! 

I haven't been on this forum much, but what I've seen seems pretty cool. I do enjoy quite a bit of Sonic, though. Especially Unleashed! I also enjoy the Sonic manga, and I'm trying to get them released, along with other Japanese Sonic media with my campaign, Project Drive. It's quite a campaign, but I'm sure you don't care about that right now, so I'm just going to end it right here.

I sincerely thank you guys for taking your time to read this.

-SonikkuEkkusu"

Then there's my second attempt:

"Validation: Attempt #2

Hi! My name is SonikkuEkkusu, but you can just call me Sonikku! I'm a little nervous about this, but I'll try to do the best I can...

I'm just a fun-loving guy, and I enjoy the simple things in life, like cartoons. I mainly like alot of anime, actiony stuff, and alot of the old cartoons.

You may be wondering how I plan to contribute to Sonic Retro. I plan to try and get Japanese Sonic media released in the U.S., such as the Sonic manga, Sonic X (Uncut), and plenty of others! The campaign is about a year old now, and I've spread the campaign to plenty of sites such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. But enough of that!

I'm not really much of a hacker, but besides Project Drive, I plan to contribute in any way I can. I could even look for some fan games, comics, and some other stuff if you want me to!

So, yeah! I really hope you guys can give me a chance at this! 

Thank you for reading all of this, guys!

-SonikkuEkkusu"

Does anyone see anything wrong with these posts? Has anybody else had the same problem as I am trying to join Sonic Retro?

When I did my application, I wrote more about myself and my life, my talents and other stuff... But, to be honest, I don't think its worth it. Most of Sonic Retro looks extremely elitist. Sonic Stadium has a much nicer community from my point of view.

• Thumbs Up 1

They look for people who will have meaningful and intelligent conversations. The posts doesn't really give off that vibe (mind you I am speaking as if I was judging these for Retro)

Retro isn't elitist. They just have a more structured grip as to what they allow and what they don't. They want to make sure no one is a spammer but at the same time, make sure you have a good head on your shoulders.

Just now, Knuxchao said:

They look for people who will have meaningful and intelligent conversations. The posts doesn't really give off that vibe (mind you I am speaking as if I was judging these for Retro)

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but how can I make the posts give off that vibe?

23 minutes ago, Knuxchao said:

Retro isn't elitist. They just have a more structured grip as to what they allow and what they don't. They want to make sure no one is a spammer but at the same time, make sure you have a good head on your shoulders.

But, then you get the people that complained about the color of Sky Sanctuary when it was first released. That seems pretty elitist to me.

• The topic was locked

To be perfectly honest, I don't feel we need a topic about having trouble joining Sonic Retro, nor do we want a topic that will inevitably just lead to some people bashing Retro. I know that's not the OP's intent, but I'm starting to see a bit of that in here, so I'm shutting this down.