Awoo.

Taxman and Stealth: The Story behind Sonic Mania's Fans Turned Developers - A VIDEO BY SUPER BUNNYHOP

NoirSuede

Yes I know that not a lot of people here like Super Bunnyhop after his last video, but this one's wayyyy less antagonistic for sure.

Then you weren't paying attention? He seems actually excited about Sonic Mania, as it fixes a lot of his issues he had with other Sonic games. His taste wrt Sonic is weird, though - he thinks Heroes controls better than the Adventure games, which is ????

The main nitpick I have with this mans opinion is that he somehow thinks that Sonic CD on Steam isn't the Taxman port, so recorded his playthrough on Android. You played yaself, George. 

Good to see he still hasn't figured out how to run in Lost World...

Anywho, there is one hefty detail missing from this; PagodaWest also have a history in Sonic. Particularly a little fan-project called Sonic 2 HD. Much of Pagoda's staff (perhaps even all, I'm not 100%) worked on the first iteration of S2HD, before L0st's DRM nonsense got it canned. 

Other than that... it's a video, I guess. 

• Thumbs Up 8

Judging from Tracker's comment and the Sonic Cycle being right in the thumbnail, it's one of those videos, isn't it?

12 minutes ago, Auto said:

Judging from Tracker's comment and the Sonic Cycle being right in the thumbnail, it's one of those videos, isn't it?

He mentions it a few times in relation to Sonic '17, but otherwise he's pretty straightforward about the topic.

Incessant references to the Sonic cycle in 2016 make me weary but otherwise it's an alright video, I guess. It is true that a lot of reason why Mania is met with such little skepticism is because the team behind it has more than proven themselves prior to this.

I'm not sharing the video author's attitude, as I'm even willing to forgive Sega for Sonic 4 thanks to Sonic Mania, trusting them a bit more in the future, but hey, it's his video.

I strongly disagree with his comments on the Sonic Cycle (as really, only Boom fell under it regarding recent titles in the series) and like tracker said, he missed out on covering some history from the team working on the game. 

But I'm glad he is excited about Mania like most are and it is a Sonic title that I have high expectations for. 

I just don't get people saying that Sonic 2017 looks bad, as it really seems like its Unleashed 2 but with Classic Sonic taking the role of the 'second style' that the Werehog took up in that original Unleashed (and many enjoyed Classic in Generations, so its a win-win in many cases). But regardless, solid video and goes into a few points regarding why people should look forward to Mania. 

Good video.

Can't get mad at him bringing up the Sonic Cycle since he's an admitted outlier to the series who only just started dipping his feet into the miasma of it all.

• Thumbs Up 2