Awoo.

Ken "Postman Pat" Barrie has died =( "Everybody knows... his bright red van..."

Badnik Mechanic

Brought joy to millions of children spanning several decades. Ken Barrie who famously voiced cartoon character Postman Pat passed away last night. 

For those who don't know, postman pat was a stop motion animation which followed the life of Postman Pat and his black and white cat, they lived in Greendale and basically spent the day delivering letters, sometimes they would fight crime, rescue Mrs Hubbards hat from the top of a tree, or find Alf's missing sheep.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36924472

• Thumbs Up 7

He helped give me and my brother and sister a lot of early childhood memories with that show.  I sure hope he's a really happy man, even up there now.

I didn't grow up with Postman Pat, but when I did find out about him, I found the relaxed, calming style to be very refreshing and quite charming.  From what I understand, this was a pretty popular series in the UK, yes?  So I imagine it's a very hard-hitting death for many children who grew up there.

But perhaps the biggest tragedy is that he won't be around to voice this incarnation of the character.

Sad to hear that. I remember watching this in my childhood, was one of the mainstays of it. Hope the delivery he's making to the next life is an easy one.

Rest in peace good sir. I love that little jingle at the start of every episode. Such a sweet little cartoon,

7 hours ago, Tara said:

From what I understand, this was a pretty popular series in the UK, yes? 

It was one of the best shows for kids on TV. It was so popular that even adult comedy shows did parodies of it. 

Pretty sure that when it was localised in Japan that it made the news because parents where frightened that kids would cut off their fingers to match the look of the puppets.

Had tons of toys released for it too.

There is also a postman pat ride at Alton Towers.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, wow. I grew up watching Postman Pat myself, it's sad to hear that the guy who voiced him has passed on. RIP.

I used to watch Postman Pat in my early childhood, sad to hear that the actor has passed away, rest in peace Ken.

I never really watched Postman Pat growing up (I did watch a bit of it when I was really young). Either way, I hope Ken rests in peace.

13 hours ago, Mayor D said:

It was one of the best shows for kids on TV. It was so popular that even adult comedy shows did parodies of it. 

Pretty sure that when it was localised in Japan that it made the news because parents where frightened that kids would cut off their fingers to match the look of the puppets.

Had tons of toys released for it too.

There is also a postman pat ride at Alton Towers.

The ride part is reminding me of that one Mr. Bean episode where Bean is looking after the baby, and wants to ride a roller coaster, so he puts the baby into a Postman Pat ride with enough coins to keep it going for hours on end and leaves for the ride, and by the time he's back, there's a massive line of people pissed off at him for prolonging the ride.

• Thumbs Up 1

Found the scene I was thinking of in Mr. Bean :U

and I just realized my post didn't merge.

• Thumbs Up 1