Awoo.

[ARTWORK & STORY] Dee Dude's General/Original Series Artwork

Dee Dude

I'd thought I'd never make this thread..

Welcome to my new and improved art thread! This is where I present drawings of general fan art and art of a major original series of mine I've been working for quite a while now as well as some new ones I might have in mind for the future. 

The majority of my art will come from my very own original series called Jump-Wood (it was called Jump Stones at first but Wood has a better ring and I stuck with it longer).

2Z24Kz.png

• Thumbs Up 6

• 3 weeks later...

*OLD*

Meet the Hyrax Family!

Ip71t2.png      

Stonio & Conicree are Rocku and Graff's parents. Uncle Pebb is..well Rocku and Graff's uncle, and Granny Boulda is the grandmother of the hyrax brothers.

Spoiler

Stonio and Conicree: They are very stern, disproving, and just straight up sick of their son's usual unworthwhile (to them) antics because they never work around the house and the fact that they've spent their lives working and raising them to actually make a living instead of fighting, playing video games, and lazing around in general, they love their sons with their very heart inside don't get them wrong but they wish they could work for a chance since Rocku and Graff are teenagers which means they need to get jobs sooner or later,

Stonio is a rather harsh, strict but well meaning deep inside father who has a part time job as a construction worker, while he's more causally annoyed with his older son Graff for being straight up lazy, he has a slightly bigger conflict with his fight-loving blood knight of a younger son Rocku due to being a former martial artist and warning him that it's more than just a hobby and it's not all it's cracked up to be, Rocku being determined and confident thinks otherwise however. Despite being mostly intimidating towards others, he is rather a momma's boy who is overprotective of his mother Boulda.

Conicree is a stressful housewife and mother who always has to clean after her family, sometimes she wish she could just take a vacation but that won't happen anytime soon, she's shown to be rather sarcastic often telling her husband to look after their troublesome teenage sons due to her daily house duty, despite this, she loves her family no matter what, but sometimes she could occasionally find her rather goofy brother Pebb to be a bigger nuisance then her sons...

Uncle Pebb: Conicree's brother, he is much different from his nephew's parents. He is more chill, approachable, easy-going and is perfectly fine with whatever passion his nephews wish to follow, he owns his own rock mining business at Hornfel's Hole which was the same business Stonio and Conicree wanted their sons to work at much to their dismay, Pebb could've cared less either way so he decided to guide his nephews on the rock mining job and in a way even tried to make it sound fun.....he failed to impress them. After an accident happened with the job, Stonio and Conicree decided to have Pebb move out with their sons to a better place to make a living, a place called Jump-Town.

Granny Boulda: Stonio's mother, for the most of her time, Boulda is usually seen sleeping on her rocking chair. She may look and seem pretty absent minded, clueless, and not too bright for her very old age at first but when she wakes up and speaks up, she talks like it is which is to show that she is very wise and shows her enlightened knowledge of the world and of others around her, she is very sweet and loving to her family and supportive of her grandson's and even foretold them of what lies ahead of their journey. Oh....and try not to promise her to do anything too....disturbing, speaking of which, where's that sponge bath her son promised her?

• Thumbs Up 7

*OLD*

It's time to revive this thread with an update and a NEW Jump-Wood character reveal!

Muu0Pk.png

Meet Clobb The Gorilla!

Bio:

Spoiler

Clobb is a tough gorilla who usually spends his lonely days out in the mountains, by means no evil as he enjoys peace in the world but he can definitely be intimidating as he isn't afraid to tackle anyone who gets in his way which is indeed a major factor for this ape misfit.

Clobb possesses incredible rock hard strength and power capable of crushing his opponents with his massive arms. Much like Rocku, he is a fighter who dedicates his life to fighting, training, and challenging various warriors out in the world. 

Having a personality of being rude, aggressive, rough, and even a bit of arrogance, Clobb used to be the type of guy to belittle those who aren't exactly on his league. He learned it the hard way when he faced Rocku for the first time. He hated that little hyrax ever since and started to become more serious and trained through time where he would fight him again many times and thus, the two have become personal rivals ever since.

• Thumbs Up 5

That's awesome! Clobb looks pretty cool. Is he good or bad? Also, if you're having logo troubles, I can help if you want. I'm good at making logos.

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Terriful said:

That's awesome! Clobb looks pretty cool. Is he good or bad? Also, if you're having logo troubles, I can help if you want. I'm good at making logos.

Clobb is an anti hero, he's Rocku's arch rival.

Btw, I have no troubles with logo problems, (although I'm not good at drawing them) but any help is appreciated!:P

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

*OLD*

It's not just any quest........                                                                y9t8iR.png

A new series, coming soon.....

• Thumbs Up 4

Wait, where did Rocku and Graff go? Their series still going to be a thing?

Wait, where did Rocku and Graff go? Their series still going to be a thing?

Of course! This is a new series, that doesn't mean this will replace it. Jump-Wood is still very alive, (I just gotta keep working on it, that's all). 

This is just a sneak peak showing of what I have in store besides JW.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

Welp, I've been ignoring Jump-Wood (As well as this thread..) for a while now, so to keep up with my characters as well as boredom, I drew a couple o' green penguins.

64B7VG.png

This is Paru, one of the main protagonists in Jump-Wood as well as a member of the Jump-Gang. 

He's a very nervous and timid penguin who often tries to coward himself out of various missions and battles  but fails all the time, he sometimes denies his potential but his friends often bring it out of him.  

• Thumbs Up 5

• 1 month later...

Aw heck! What's the use in waiting? I finished them anyway and it's nice to show some RP related art here. (As well as another freaking bump)

Here are Rocku and Graff's keyblade designs!

KoUXed.png

Righteous Rock. 

GBCZgm.png

Graveling Gift.

So yeah, I may have not been too creative blade wise, but I've came up with clever names relating to their Rock themed names. 

The bandanas wrapped around them represent the signature gi belts they wear as well as the handle bars representing their wristbands.

Their chains are rocks and gravels contributing to their rock names. You may have also noticed that the tops slightly resemble their hair/fur styles.

I have yet to work on Big and the others.

While I'm at it, let's spook things up with the Halloween Town designs!

CxJsau.png

I'm not sure they're dark and gothic enough but I definitely made sure to dull down their colors to blend in.

Rocky's monster theme is a werewolf or were cavy/hyrax (Rocku Unleashed anyone?) cause frankly IT JUST WORKED in my head and it fits. How come no one becomes a werewolf in Halloween Town?:P

Graff's monster theme is a zombie cause you can't have monsters without classic brain eating. I had fun with this one, trying to make him look as gross and undead as possible. With the red eyes, bad teeth, pores, grimy tongue, bones sticking out, and most notable feature is his own brain oozing out. So and so.

(Big coming soon)

I'm still keeping the Pride Lands a surprise unless everyone else shows theirs.:P

• Thumbs Up 6

• 1 month later...

Alright, time to update with more SSMB Heroes goodness!

These are my 3 posters presented for Season 3!

BVVtUX.jpg

14fTJ5.png

SHgQeB.png

• Thumbs Up 7

• 3 weeks later...

Man it feels great to update this, cause I got HUGE changes and plans for the Jump-Wood series and cast!PFLQHOG.jpg

Yep, there's ALOT of different things to see in this.

The important things to notice is that I've given Rocku and Graff drastic changes in designs, their old ones were no longer appealing to me so I upgraded them to wear pants (Yes I've done it, I'm an absolute mad man!), make them more anime styled and less goofy looking. Especially in Graff's case, whom I personally hated his old design even more so I made him taller, slimmer  and more mature looking. Plus it was a good time to actually give them more detail regarding their species, clothes, and personalities, as before, I changed them from Cavies to Hyraxes so I spent a bit of research to make them look more like Rock Hyraxes by giving Rocku whiskers, adding more fuzz to their ears, and giving them the small fangs etc. But enough about the Mario/Luigi & Ryu/Ken knockoffs  bros for now.

You're probably wondering who the heck Lyra, Poucho, and Scoops are. Well, I'll go over depth to each new member in another time, for a little story background, they're a trio of young and inexperienced teenagers that Rocku and Graff meet and brefriend after moving away, because of Rocku's determination and fighting spirit, he helps trains them to not only become better fighters but to become a great team together earning them a permanent friendship.

Spoiler

But wait, what happened to Comet, Fura, Ty and the rest? (To those who are part of the RP)

I scrapped them, they're gone but not forgotten. For the longest time, I feel they all have no real purpose as characters or have any real orginality that separate them from each other.

Noticed how the characters above have labels relating to their personality traits rather than typical team status? Like there's no "The Leader" or "The Brains" or "The Muscle" etc? With labels like those, they seem like an average ideal team, but that's not what Rocku, Graff, Lyra, Poucho, and Scoops start off as. I've created the new three for uniqueness, something the originals didn't have.

Despite that, you'll notice that Lyra and Poucho have various design, color, and body features that are from the previous cast as a callback, so think of them as spiritual reincarnations.

So anyway, all that aside. I have big plans for this newly "rebooted" team!

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Promotion 1

• 2 months later...

Given an opportunity to get off my lazy ol' ass, I've made another update to introduce the first new member of the DK Crew Jump-Gang!

Meet Scoops!

dNxhSc.png

RACE: Spoonbill

BIO: Scoops is a member of the Jump Gang who is known to be a "tool"...literally and occasionally figuratively, thanks to being a well spoonbill. His large spoon shaped beak gives the team multiple advantages and tactics prompting to always grab Scoops and use him to unlock large keyholes, (it usually never works but it's always worth a shot) fighting against enemies as weapon, digging as drill, etc. It's quite psychically unfortunate to his dismay but Scoops gets used to his living prop status over time as a running gag. Scoops himself is a rather mischievous dude who always schemes his ways to getting what the gang needs, (mostly his wants though...) has a bit of an attitude problem, and even desires to be team leader sometimes. Despite those, Scoops has heart, confidence, and boldness to help pull through to fight what's right for the world and help his friends. Heck, he even admits himself that his beak can be a pretty hard hitter.

I'd thought I'd give him a major redesign (Yeah, I'm an unfortunate sucker for those, it takes me forever to find something that sticks.) This may not the same Scoops that you see above right?

I thought the exaggerated long beak was too ridiculous looking for him, even for a spoonbill, it didn't really fit the action-y vibe I'm intending for Jump-Wood, a goofy looking bill like that would fit better in Doof Quest. (A much more comedic series). So it was shortened it down but maintained the spoon shape for consistency's sake.

His main signature colors are changed from magenta to deep blue cause I personally thought it looked better on him. (Plus, Lyra is more of a teal/cyan so it wouldn't be enough to make her the token blue one lol).

I'll admit I kinda took a little bit of his uniqueness away by shrinking his bill and giving him a more basic body type rather than the pudgy bird body which I'll most likely redo if I draw him again. On the bright side, I took this opportunity to take design inspirations from several video game and anime characters such as Rayman (overall look), Tai from Digimon (shorts, socks, and sneakers) and Gon's hairdo from Hunter X Hunter etc. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 1

I really like Scoops' outfit and his colours are pretty cool too! Looking forward to seeing more of your characters Dee!

• Thumbs Up 1

Expecting another hiatus? Pfft, yeah right. I'm just getting started!

Meet Poucho!

1ZCF92I.png

RACE: Kangaroo

BIO: Poucho is another member of the Jump-Gang who serves as the team handy-man or in his case: "handy-roo", while his name may not bring too much meaning at first being a male kangaroo and not having any actual clothing pouches aside from his pockets, Poucho's name comes from his super ability to carry and hold various tools, gears, and weapons from infinite hammerspace, but it ain't just for items though, he uses this major advantage to carry himself for self defense, transportation, or even strategy for battles! He also uses his large tail as a pogo stick to bounce his large lump towards anywhere and even pounce on any baddies for surprise! The strange hat he wears on top is actually a wrestling mask as he formerly used to be a part-time luchador at the big leagues before joining Rocku and Graff and forming their team!  His mask is the primary usage for all of his hammerspace techniques. Poucho is the straight man of the group who always questions about anything that doesn't cope well with him, he gets a little worried if there's a foe who's stronger then them but gets ready to fight regardless, he's still a very reasonable and friendly guy so it's easy to be friends with him. Can't really say the same for his impulsive partner Scoops however...

Thankfully, I didn't change too much about his appearance aside from the nose job and muzzle shape. Sorry if you liked the previous nose and muzzle shape but the latter was just too difficult for me to draw. As for the former? Well....couldn't really resist the classic Mickey Mouse nose. :P

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Promotion 1

I really like Poucho. He's got some real charm to him and his colours are just spot on! I think he's my fav design from the new jump wood crew so far.

• Thumbs Up 2

Out of boredom, I decided to show regular stances of Rocku and Graff's new designs just to showcase what they'll look like from now. The last two new members will be coming eventually, promise. fE2Ivtm.png

Since I've already explained their designs before, I'll just copy-paste it under the spoiler below.

Yep, the vibrant Red and Green colors have returned at last!

The washed out ones just weren't appealing anymore, they were too dull for the main characters. Just another part of why I hated their old designs.

Hell, the only reason I made their colors so grayed out is because I thought it would fit the whole "ground/rock" theme I had for them but they just ended up ugly in the end.

and let's face it. you know Graff is handsome now

Spoiler

I've given Rocku and Graff drastic changes in designs, their old ones were no longer appealing to me so I upgraded them to wear pants (Yes I've done it, I'm an absolute mad man!), make them more anime styled and less goofy looking. Especially in Graff's case, whom I personally hated his old design even more so I made him taller, slimmer  and more mature looking. Plus it was a good time to actually give them more detail regarding their species, clothes, and personalities, as before, I changed them from Cavies to Hyraxes so I spent a bit of research to make them look more like Rock Hyraxes by giving Rocku whiskers, adding more fuzz to their ears, and giving them the small fangs etc.

Also, sorry RP peeps but until they get a seperate Genesis Wave soft reboot. Their old looks will remain in the RP.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 1

• 4 weeks later...

Remember when I said I was scrapping the original cast of Jump-Wood?

Yeah, I lied. You guys at this point shouldn't take everything I say for granted cause my plans change very frequently, it could lead to consistency problems but I wouldn't too much since I'm joking most of the time.

Anyway, so to show that Comet & co aren't completely dead to those who enjoyed them in the RP. I'm drastically redesigning them for the soft reboot.

Starting with Saffy!  (Old is left)  (New is right)

TtJiLbC.png

The way I remade Saffy took alot of changes to her for the better, let's start with her redesign.

She is now a doe instead of a squirrel which I'll get to later.

I'm not gonna lie when I admit I can was pretty lazy when it came to designing her for the first time, she looked very generic and basically wore the same outfit as Fura. (A character that I'm also changing later since the whole tank/capri combo is given to Lyra.)

Which I decided to give her a different outfit completely sporting a flower printed tube top, long pants, strapped sandals instead of sneakers and a bracelet. ( A JW character that doesn't wear wristbands, what a surprise.)

The most important thing was to make her stand out, so I've given her a much pudgier body type and trimmed down her eyelashes.

If you haven't noticed by now, she has a floral theme to her.  I've given her a more unique looking hairstyle by it more poofy instead of spiky like the others. You can tell that her ponytail literally resembles a flower now.

The biggest change of all is her personality, she is no longer a preppy, energetic valley girl which ended up making her one-dimensional in the RP thanks to my mediocre writing of females :U.

Saffy in the soft reboot is a shy, generous, soft-hearted pacifist who hates violence and absolutely refuses to fight unless it's her final option, she tries to think of other non-physical solutions to solve problems for better or worse. When occasionally recruited on Rocku's team, she serves as the medic/white mage who has healing abilities capable of tending her friends wounds, her healing isn't very strong at first unfortunately. On peaceful days, she spends her time gardening as part of her family's busniess.

• Thumbs Up 7

• 3 weeks later...

I kept the promise too long and I gotta show off long-time made art before October ends.

Introducing the 5th member of the Jump-Crew:

Meet Lyra!                                                                                                         

fmTh1za.png     

RACE: Rabbit

BIO: Lyra is a cheerful, energetic, happy go lucky....ah you get the picture. As member of the Jump-Gang, she's a girl who's mostly defined by her complete spunk, selflessness and willingness for anything. Therefore she serves her place as the Heart of the team who sticks everyone together to pull through the no matter what the obstacles! Of course, this doesn't she's perfect or little miss sunshine, Ly's got her own issues as well such as being a scatterbrained ditz who has a bit of an attention span, and her naivety, because of her ignorance, she tends to be a bit insecure feeling that she focuses on being nice to others, she wouldn't have to worry about herself. On contrast to her sweetness, Lyra has a spicy side to her. She can occasionally be snarky, playfully tease her friends, and has a berserk button...don't ask, j-just say on her good side ok?

Lyra specializes in cosmic/astro themed attacks such as shooting star shaped energy blasts, charging like a meteor at oppentants, or even summon starstorms to wipe out as many mooks as possible. As powerful as they may seem, Lyra uses them to a minimum due to how energy consuming they are.

Her design remains unchanged except for her hair style, pant color, body type, and brighter fur color. I originally designed her to share various aspects of the old JW cast such as Comet's color scheme, Cariss's species, Ty's haircut, Fura and Saffy's jeans etc.

But it was only fair to give Lyra her own identity so while her overall design remains basic, I still added some parts to make her different such as a different color scheme, and added tips to the bottom of her ears (and tail) similar to Cream The Rabbit from Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 3 weeks later...

Made my second redesign on board.

Comet!

FQ8JelH.png

Design wise, I've didn't change much from him aside from orange eyes, a more rugged look, goggles, and a different hairstyle. He's a rabbit now instead of a fox but I'll get to that later.

In the reboot, Comet is Lyra's brother who is a industrial mechanic skilled in aircraft machinery such as planes and rockets that he admires so very much, his inventions don't always come out perfection but hey, at least practice exists.

Comet is also the leader and co-founder of the Jump-Gang alongside Rocku who is his best friend, Comet has his self-doubts about leadership time to time but Rocku's encouragement is a main factor in helping him pull through leading a worthy team to battle and planning.

Comet appreciates his sister's optimism but himself tends to be a bit dorky and awkward when trying to impress himself, regardless he's still a very brave and helpful soul who's ready for anything he can build or fight.

He's capable of combat but Comet utilizes more on weapons and gadgets that he builds such as guns, boomerangs, grappling hooks, jet-packs, or even just a big ol' wrench to whack someone on the head!

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1