Awoo.

Sonic Channel Translation Project

Hiki

I would love that too! It would be awesome :)

. I know very little Japanese but maybe this would give me an opportunity to scratch up on it a bit ;) .

My fave section in that site is the fan art. They critique it and I would love to hear what they have to say!!! 

What is the goal exactly, a 1:1 replica?

Copying Sonic channels assets may not be a good idea,and neither would including the fanart sections, legal issues yo.

Translations of the text would be superb though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think this is a cool project. Good luck.

I think the goal would be like a 1:1 replica, but with acknowledgement that it isn't official and including translations. I think that might be a good idea-- especially for comics where its ideal for translations to be put right on the panels themselves rather than off to the side. Though using an image blog like Tumblr could work too.

• Thumbs Up 1

On August 26, 2016 at 7:19 AM, Green Eyes said:

What is the goal exactly, a 1:1 replica?

Copying Sonic channels assets may not be a good idea,and neither would including the fanart sections, legal issues yo.

Translations of the text would be superb though.

Yeah I can see what you mean there.  It could be an issue , but we would not be making money off it, and the credit still goes to the original artist... So I think unless sega has an issue with it, and tells us ( in which as simply a fan project we can make adjustments to meet their satisfaction) it should be fine... Sega seems pretty cool with fan projects also,  to be honest . But if we were translating Japanese Nintendo sites.... Yeah , lol

• Thumbs Up 1