Niko

Have any of you been sleep paralyzed?

1 hour ago, BlueFlare said:

Yes, it has happened to me at least twice. I remember the first one pretty well. I worked for the postal delivery in my city for fifth or sixth year and I was kind of over-stressed or whatever. Then one night it happened. I opened my eyes and was conscious that my mind was awake, I couldn't move at all and tried to yell but could only hear my voice inside my head but wasn't able to make any noise at all to wake up someone else. It was super scary. Then I quickly fell asleep and woke up, walked around our house and went back to sleep. I couldn't remember it in the morning but later at work.

That's weird, falling asleep right after it occurs leads to another sleep paralysis lol. Plus the fact that you didn't remember it before later on is pretty weird too cause when it happened to me for the first time it was the only thing I could think about after I got out of it. Guess it's different for everyone, which makes this even more interesting.

11 minutes ago, Niko said:

That's weird, falling asleep right after it occurs leads to another sleep paralysis lol. Plus the fact that you didn't remember it before later on is pretty weird too cause when it happened to me for the first time it was the only thing I could think about after I got out of it. Guess it's different for everyone, which makes this even more interesting.

That's how I remember it going for me. After the paralysis I fell asleep, or at least I believe that happened, I closed my eyes and wasn't conscious anymore, then I suddenly woke up and could actually feel my legs and arms moving again. It is definitely weird it can be different for some. My dad told me he once had a similar kind of paralysis as I did.

It happens to me quite often, it's not always scary though, I've almost become self conscious.

I used to see monsters and stuff like that coming at me at the beginning, and it was really scary, but it hasn't been like that for a long while.

What usually happens now is that I'm paralyzed and can't fully open my eyes, so I try to move or talk, but I can't.

What I do to get out of it is trying to close and open my eyes, force my arms to move or kick with my leg, I sometimes get control back. It takes a very long time to react though, the first 10-15 times I try to move never work.

I hope you find what works for you, it's an awful situation.

38 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

It happens to me quite often, it's not always scary though, I've almost become self conscious.

I used to see monsters and stuff like that coming at me at the beginning, and it was really scary, but it hasn't been like that for a long while.

What usually happens now is that I'm paralyzed and can't fully open my eyes, so I try to move or talk, but I can't.

What I do to get out of it is trying to close and open my eyes, force my arms to move or kick with my leg, I sometimes get control back. It takes a very long time to react though, the first 10-15 times I try to move never work.

I hope you find what works for you, it's an awful situation.

Yeh, considering that you got used to it already means that you won't be as scared when it occurs -> the hallucinations are gonna get better too.

Your technique is pretty weird tho lol :D It might work but holy fuck trying to move ANYTHING and failing feels so bad and demotivating it's kind of awful. That's just me tho. 

13 minutes ago, Neeko said:

Yeh, considering that you got used to it already means that you won't be as scared when it occurs -> the hallucinations are gonna get better too.

Your technique is pretty weird tho lol :D It might work but holy fuck trying to move ANYTHING and failing feels so bad and demotivating it's kind of awful. That's just me tho. 

Yeah, it feels bad and I don't know if it really works or I just wake up, but what else should I do?

3 hours ago, Sonikko said:

Yeah, it feels bad and I don't know if it really works or I just wake up, but what else should I do?

For me, as I said, breathing in a weird way, like fast and then slow, just without a regular rythm, works very well. It's easy to do considering you have problems breathing anyway, just doing that makes your body think something isn't wrong and wakes you up IMMEDIATELY. The paralysis might have lasted 1-2 mins and it'll just last 3-5 secs because of this, by far the best technique I've found. Give it a shot if it occurs the next time ;D

I hope it won't happen again, since it's become very rare as of late, but I'll give it a try!

Also when I fall asleep again after I get one, it keeps happening until I get out of bed. It happened like 5-6 times in a row once and it was one of the worst days in my life. I was so tired the whole day, and on top of it I was afraid of sleeping because of it.

53 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

I hope it won't happen again, since it's become very rare as of late, but I'll give it a try!

Also when I fall asleep again after I get one, it keeps happening until I get out of bed. It happened like 5-6 times in a row once and it was one of the worst days in my life. I was so tired the whole day, and on top of it I was afraid of sleeping because of it.

Indeed, get out of bed and drink tea or do something else for like 15-30 mins. Going right back to sleep after it occurs gives it like 90% of chance to occur again and again until you just take a break. :D