Awoo.

Playstation Meeting "Neo... I believe... in a slim body"

Badnik Mechanic

On 9/10/2016 at 5:02 AM, Conando said:

Transferring saves is simple if you have PS+ (Which pretty much everyone has now since it's a requirement), . . .

Requirement for what?  I don't have PS+.

On 9/14/2016 at 6:51 AM, Thrippa said:

Requirement for what?  I don't have PS+.

For playing online, getting free games, save uploads to the cloud.....guessing you just keep it single player? Or do games like FF14 not require ps+?

I can access the internet, buy and download games and upload discoveries of No Man's Sky.  Can't say about FF14 as I don't have it.  But no, I don't play online, other than Splatoon which is another system.  Thanks for the clarification.

And I think the cloud is horribly overhyped at the moment, since it relies on the myth that everyone in the country (or the implication that everyone who counts) has fast, reliable internet.  Unfortunately the company bigwigs bought into it which is why we spent most of a week unable to do anything at work because when the internet mysteriously went down we couldn't even get to our programs to use them locally.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, LunarEdge said:

For playing online, getting free games, save uploads to the cloud.....guessing you just keep it single player? Or do games like FF14 not require ps+?

Depends on the game. No Mans Sky doesn't need PS+ for uploading stuff, but if you had a game which required you to play with another player you can bet it would.

3 hours ago, Mayor D said:

That's a beta though.

So? Some betas require ps+ or Xbox live gold. I remember when Halo reach had a beta for example. You needed gold to play it. 

19 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

I don't have a PS4, if I ever get one I might go for the Slim. I don't care about the 4k, and I can easily swap out the HDD for a SSHD.

its not just 4k tho or bigger HDD, its a better gpu/cpu as well. Honestly I would say just go for the better tech, especially since you dont alrdy own one

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 1:39 PM, LunarEdge said:

its not just 4k tho or bigger HDD, its a better gpu/cpu as well. Honestly I would say just go for the better tech, especially since you dont alrdy own one

I have a PC if I need more CPU and GPU horsepower, so I don't particularly care.

On 9/18/2016 at 2:07 PM, shdowhunt60 said:

I have a PC if I need more CPU and GPU horsepower, so I don't particularly care.

I only said that since you don't already have a ps4 is all and seeing how the Pro is ultimately going to be the better machine compared to the slim but alas, to each their own.

19 hours ago, LunarEdge said:

I only said that since you don't already have a ps4 is all and seeing how the Pro is ultimately going to be the better machine compared to the slim but alas, to each their own.

It's only the better machine if you're interested in the HDR and 4K support, which I'm not because I have a pissy cheap 720p TV.

Otherwise, I live in a small space. I have my entire media setup literally across from my bed. I'd much rather having the smaller, quieter, and cooler console than I would the big hot one, especially if I'm not even capitalizing on its bonus features.

In addition, I'm not concerned if the Pro already has a 1tb HDD, because it's 5400RPM and therefore automatically awful. Either way, I'm putting in a SSD or a SSHD.

23 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

It's only the better machine if you're interested in the HDR and 4K support, which I'm not because I have a pissy cheap 720p TV.

Otherwise, I live in a small space. I have my entire media setup literally across from my bed. I'd much rather having the smaller, quieter, and cooler console than I would the big hot one, especially if I'm not even capitalizing on its bonus features.

In addition, I'm not concerned if the Pro already has a 1tb HDD, because it's 5400RPM and therefore automatically awful. Either way, I'm putting in a SSD or a SSHD.

fair enough