Awoo.

Super Mario Bros. 2 (Webcomic sequel to the infamous 1993 movie)

LargoDELLZ

No, you're not reading the title of the thread wrong. Turns out this movie right here...

image.jpeg

Got a sequel in the form of a Webcomic. It's pretty much the closest to a canon sequel to the film anyone will get since it's being handled by the original writers of the film, and interestingly enough, the content of the comic are all from earlier versions of the script, deleted scenes, and ideas for the unproduced sequel.

http://www.smbthecomic.com/about/

I had a quick look through and it seems it hasn't been updated in a while, but I thought it would be interesting to post about here. Link to the site is above this text so take a look through and give me your thoughts.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JezMM

• LargoDELLZ

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember reading this a while back.  It was a weird but fun experience, just like the movie itself.  It seemed a LITTLE inconsistent with the movie because despite being weird and dark, it remained family friendly - meanwhile the comic has swearing and such in it, which makes it feel a bit "fanfic" and hard to take as a true continuation sometimes - though of course the fact that it's unfinished does that anyway.

Still, would personally recommend it to fans of the movie, even those who are aware the movie is bad but enjoy it anyway etc.