Awoo.

Sonic getting a "25th Anniversary Cafe" in Tokyo

Linkabel

First Kirby and now this:

To commemorate the 25th anniversary of Sonic, "Sonic 25th Anniversary Cafe" is open at the Suites Paradise Ueno ABAB shop!

Sonic original menu for a limited period of up to October 1, 2006 to November 13 appeared!

When you order the Sonic original menu, get even novelty that has been designed to commemorate the 25 anniversary of Sonic!

Follow-up will be introduced in Sonic stage of the Tokyo Game Show 2016!

http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/topics/event/20160913_001151/

Man, this anniversary is really draining my wallet. It's actually lasting for a decent amount of time compared to other events like this.

• Thumbs Up 9

They better have a parfait based on Cream the rabbit and Cheese. You'd be silly not to have such an item on your cafe menu, since both characters are named after food.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic original menu for a limited period of up to October 1, 2006 to November 13 appeared! 
When you order the Sonic original menu, get even novelty that has been designed to commemorate the 25 anniversary of Sonic!

Google Translate is at it again!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Haalyle said:

Only if they have the Ice-Cream Vendor.

Heh, I can imagine them hiring somebody to pretend to be the Vendor. (Actually, the vendor is super nice in the game, so it would cool to meet somebody pretending to be him.)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mad Convoy said:

Heh, I can imagine them hiring somebody to pretend to be the Vendor. (Actually, the vendor is super nice in the game, so it would cool to meet somebody pretending to be him.)

Mate, I'd be even more jealous if they did that! I would totally go over to Japan just to get Ice-Cream!

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting. I would love to try out a chili dog at that place, if I could fly there.

So, there is going to be a Sonic stage at TGS. Does anyone know what else might be shown there?

4 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice has already been announced for the Sonic stage. 

Is that the only game? I wouldn't be surprised but that would kinda suck.

Now I wanna go to Tokyo even more. I wanna go to a Sonic restaurant!

Sonic-Drive-in.jpg

NO, NOT THAT ONE.

• Thumbs Up 8

Surely they'll remember to incorporate the "Coffee Blaze", "Vector's Deli", "Tails Pizza", and "Charmy Bee's Sweet Honey Butter" within the cafe. 

Now the City Escape won't be able to hog all the good Sonic character eats to themselves anymore.

• Thumbs Up 5

I know it's not really a thing anymore but since it's an anniversary thing they better have a Sonic Chili Dog. 

Will they have an option to eat your food alongside a Chao akin to having a Waddle Dee eat across from you in the Kirby Cafe? Until then get back at me about that.

• Thumbs Up 1

They released a pic of some of the stuff they cafe is going to serve.

b29a02037f4f96bc08f9feeac7f6bce4.jpg

and some of the items they'll have

af2bfea829665aaa9e66fec8397516fb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of these food items remind me of the ones from that Kirby Cafe.

Also, that Chao drink looks delicious. Would totally get one if I could.

I don't mean to be a bummer, but it looks pretty disappointing. I think I could decoupage my own cups better, and I'd rather have something more like food art, rather than just plastered pictures on random food. There's not even any special decorations. 

It just feels like they just didn't try here. I was expecting something like the Love Live Sega collaboration cafe. 

• Thumbs Up 1