• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flyboy Fox

• Pelly <3's U

• Blue Blood

• JayZeach

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone has obviously given you a one-star rating in your profile and there weren't any other ratings to balance it out. Staff can't control who gives who what ratings. The best ting to do is just ignore it. The star ratings really aren't important at all. Heck, being a staffer means your star ratings go up and down all the time due to people agreeing and disagreeing with posts and decisions XD

In which case, might it be an idea to get rid of the ratings? I mean, it's hardly nice that people can vote on how much they like you.

In which case, might it be an idea to get rid of the ratings? I mean, it's hardly nice that people can vote on how much they like you.

I agree it's not really a fair system, but eh. We're upgrading to the new Invision at some point soon enough, so there's no point messing around with this one when it's all going to change in the not too distant future anyway.

I agree it's not really a fair system, but eh. We're upgrading to the new Invision at some point soon enough, so there's no point messing around with this one when it's all going to change in the not too distant future anyway.

I'm 1-star rating you right now because you failed to fix my problem instantly! Thanks for infos.

I'll mention this after the board has been updated. Unless of course it's not there or something.

Haha there's a whole new rating system on IB3 you all can hate <3

If you like having 5 stars you should never become staff D:

*ahem*

lies.jpg

You're just so awesome that you're exempt from the physics-of-profile-ratings I take it?

The rating system is just plain mean. Totally disheartening if you don't know why you got a poor rating.

Edited by Blue Blood

I know exactly where mine come from XD Every time I go down a star it's after someone disagrees with me in a debate or after I perform a mod action. I watched byself get knocked back down to 4 a few weeks ago. 5-4-5-4-3-4-5-4...

I hardly ever have a problem with any member on this forum. I pretty much 5 star everyone because the members here are nice. Staff members enforce the rules a bit, but that doesn't make them mean at all.

They just want to keep some order around here. So pretty much, it means that someone didn't like what you said sometimes ago or something =(

Edited by Jetronic

She's immune :( *Attempts to steal her immunity* ... *Plunges down to one star* ... ;_; Damn.

lol do you know how many times that has changed? I'm sure it will go right back down since you've showed it here too XD

I know it sucks to be rated down. I got rated down to 4 stars on my birthday D: In the end though, it's the very reason you don't know why they rated you down you should take comfort in. There's probably is no good reason, maybe they were just feeling like a jerk or something at the time. I know one thing I do is try to rate up people with low star counts just because it feels nice.

I hate to just parrot Flyboy's advice, but seeing as I don't have the power to do anything about this, all I can say is sit tight for now and bring it up after the upgrade if you really feel it's a problem.

Edit: haha what did I tell you, back down to four stars X_X You're all haters T__T

XP

Oh, fuck you, JJ XD I gave you those 5 stars, remember? *Kicks JJ in the manly bits*

Anyway, point is, stars = no big deal. Ain't worth getting upset over.

Edit: D: I tried to give you 5 stars, Pelly, but it won't go up again. *Kicks anyone who down-starred Pelleh!*

Edit: haha what did I tell you, back down to four stars X_X You're all haters T__T

XP

That was me, just testing to see how it functions. It functions silly. Rating 5-stars will increase the rating by one, and rating 1-star will reduce it by one. I put it back up now.

It's really silly if it can be adjusted so easily.

Edited by Blue Blood

Edit: D: I tried to give you 5 stars, Pelly, but it won't go up again. *Kicks anyone who down-starred Pelleh!*

Haha it's ok XD, I just 5 starred everyone who posted in this topic see if I could bring anyone back up but it didn't work for me either ;_;

Edit: Oh thanks Blueblood, good to know my rating hangs by a thread ^_^

It seems to be an averaging thing. So if 10 people 5 star you and 1 person 1 stars you it probably won't drop, but maybe if 3 or 4 people 1 star you it will drop down to 4. I was barly at 5 stars so if someone 1 stars me my rating would drop.

Well everyone here is a gold star member to me A_A *shot*

Pelly got her 5 stars back! Woo, rejoice! *Kicks everyone some more for good measure*

It really is quite silly how arbitrary it all is.

I know exactly where mine come from XD Every time I go down a star it's after someone disagrees with me in a debate or after I perform a mod action. I watched byself get knocked back down to 4 a few weeks ago. 5-4-5-4-3-4-5-4...

Aw, Flyboy. I always disagree with you in debates, and I still five-starred you.

Edited by El Gran Gordo

Haha there's a whole new rating system on IB3 you all can hate <3

Is it the (stupid) reputation thing that are on most forums nowadays?

Pelly got her 5 stars back! Woo, rejoice! *Kicks everyone some more for good measure*

And now theyve gone again...odd (It wasnt me who rated her down, I tried rating her up)

Aw, Flyboy. I always disagree with you in debates, and I still five-starred you.

I know it's not you, E.G.G :) We both enjoy our debates far too much to get petty like that. I refer to people who let themselves get genuinely angry and upset over my opinion if it varies too much from theirs ^^;

I've managed to get a 5-star rating somehow. I keep waiting for it to disappear. I don't remember my rating on the old boards.

I rate people when I find an awesome post of theirs and wanna give them props for being consistently awesome. I only rate 5 stars though, because it's not fun handing out "you suck" awards. In the year since I got here, I've been tempted once to rate someone down. But I didn't. If someone disagrees with me, what can I do. Rain e-wrath upon them by taking away stars? Sounds silly.

Edited by Badnikz

And now theyve gone again...odd (It wasnt me who rated her down, I tried rating her up)

lol it was JJ that rated me down (internetz flame war gogo!) That silly man :3

Thanks for the effort though <3 It just seems like 4 stars in my destiny *_*

Don't worry, Pelly, I'll go beat him up for you when I go up to see him in a few weeks ;)

Stars suck etc etc.

I'm debating disabling the upcoming 'reputation' system on Invision Board 3 when it's installed, but we'll see.