Awoo.

Tank Troopers(3DS)

Klinsy

885x.jpg

New Nintendo IP time!

Tank Troopers gives you what exactly what it says in the title, tanks and troopers, as you go in tanks and try to destroy the other tanks or something like that.

So, what makes this unique from any other game about tanks? The troopers themselves, which are a colorful bunch and each has their own special abilities, honestly,  the troopers are what drawing me to the game right now, they all have such nice designs and has plenty chances to be fun characters.

It's due to launch on the Eshop later this year.

The characters look pretty neat. I'm guessing this is from the Steel Diver team. Sub Wars was really fun, so this has potential, even if what we've seen isn't amazing so far.

Still, if we're getting a colorful cast of army people it could've been Advance Wars :V

When the first footage of the game showed up in the DIrect, I assumed it was Advance Wars.  I've never played an Advance Wars game, but my reaction was, "Oh, good, a new Advance Wars game, that'll make the fans happy."  Nope.  I'd like to play an Advance Wars title one of these days... but I might give this a shot.  I ended up liking Steel Diver a lot despite it being on the face of it the least up-my-street game in every way, so I'll happily give something similar a shot - although, unlike Steel Diver, it seems like this is more of a single-player effort?  The Direct made no mention of online multiplayer, which was the core of Steel Diver.

Hehe, most of the tanks in this are cuted up versions of world war 2 tanks, you can see an M4 Sherman, a KV-2, an earlyT-34 (no 85mm for you), a Jagdpanther, a regular flavor Panther, a Jagdtiger, early model stug, early model panzer iv, and an S35.

Wait that's not a Jagdtiger, that's a Sturmtiger!  Perfect for when you know the enemy is somewhere within a given city block and you don't have the time to try and flick them out.  Rather than using a canon like a normal tank, this thing had a launcher that fired depth charges modified to be rockets. 

Also another example of artists designing fantasy tanks not really understanding much about them. That turtle looking tank, its gun is mounted so low that is has to expose most of itself in order to have line of sight to the enemy. 

The game itself, from what they've shown, it reminds me of why I don't really like Mario Kart, they've  simplified the fundamentals of something to the point where they have to pile a bunch of extra mechanics on top of it to try and make up for it. It doesn't even look like tanks can traverse their turrets. 

• Thumbs Up 1