Awoo.

Good Character Design

Klinsy

So, a good design can make a impression on someone, heck, we are a fansite that has a main character that was made to have a appealing design, so, let’s list some good ones and see what’s make them so good.

I think a good example of good character design is Puzzle and Dragons, till recently, PAD didn’t have much of a story or characterization, so you either had a fanbase because you were top tier or you had a good design, my personal favorite is Bastet.

MONS_494.jpg

Now, catgirls are dime a dozen but Bastet is absolutely adorable and it’s hard not to love her, but that’s not all that makes her design great, you see, Bastet is based on the Ancient Egyptian goddess of the same name, it’s not exactly a cut and paste though, the original Bastet looks like this: 

bastet2.jpg

Unlike a certain movie that dared to name it after them, GungHo remember this Ancient Egyptian goddess is well, just that and she has jewelry reminisce of her era and brown skin, even if you didn’t know she was one, you could tell she was one by looks alone, she respects the original while standing out on her own.

And with that, I conclude my first character I’m going to talk about, I got a whole lot more.

Also, you know who else has a good character design? You.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Human Key and Robot Key have a very distinct contrast that shows how different they are. When you see her human version, you can see the frailty, emotion and timidness. Yet when you see her robot version, you see an emotionless (but non-violent) shell of a real girl with no common sense. 

keyhumankey.jpg

The Nothing is another great one. When I see her, I (not even exaggerating) see unfair childhood loneliness personified. She was forced to be alone for longer than most trees have been alive and I know how it feels to feel empty, all too well.

Just look at that face, no one deserves to be that deprived of happiness.

218333_1239321204986_full.jpg

I absolutely love Lupin III's design.

Image result for lupin iii part 4

His design is super simple, but at the same time immediately recognizable and memorable. He has a really distinct facial structure which sets him apart from the face designs of most anime characters, and his rectangular body and lanky limbs makes for a really good silhouette which makes for strong, clearly readable poses.

Image result for lupin the third mystery of mamo

Also, because of his simple design it's easy to fit him into different styles while still keeping his core design in tact. It also makes it easy for the artists and animators to have a lot of fun with his poses and facial expressions, as the simplicity makes them easily readable and flexible while still keeping him recognizable.

tumblr_odtvp2zHqY1u0ti7oo1_1280.png

tumblr_odtvp2zHqY1u0ti7oo2_1280.png

Also, Pink Jacket Lupin is best Lupin, no contest

• Thumbs Up 6

latest?cb=20130707011718

So, tell me who is in this logo? Roger Smith? Just kidding, it's our favorite lawyer, Phoenix Wright!

Nick's design is simple but effective, his clothes makes sure no one is doubting he's a attorney but his facial features and especially his hair makes anyone who sees him knows who he is, there is a lot of spiky haired characters but there is only one Phoenix Wright, this was Mr. Takumi's intention, give a character a design that wouldn't' overdo it but would still be instantly recognizable. 

• Thumbs Up 2