Awoo.

Snake Pass (PS4, XOne, PC & *Docked* Switch) Sumo Digital

Badnik Mechanic

Because I have more important things to try and remember to do.

Um, why does it say *docked* other than being snide, it works great in handheld mode, and that's the only way I'e played it so far

39 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Um, why does it say *docked* other than being snide, it works great in handheld mode, and that's the only way I'e played it so far

Because of this exact response.

It's funny because it's snide and true.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

it works great in handheld mode,

No it doesn't.

See earlier posts that you even replied to.

The game works better on the switch in docked mode, it looks better and has a better frame rate, no bloody idea where this snide comment is coming from since if you own a switch and want the best experience, play it in docked mode. 

• Thumbs Up 3

In Switch docked mode, the game looks worse than it does on other platforms. It runs at a lower resolution and framerate, there's a little less detail about and a few shaders are missing. All that is to be expected and fine though, considering that the Switch is considerably weaker than anything else that the game runs on. There's nothing wrong with the game in docked mod though - it's stable and still looks great.

Handheld mode however does pose a few problems. The framerate suffers considerably and the resolution nosedives to Wii U quality.

Is it playable? Yes.

Is it good experience? Not particularly...

It's not clear why that's the case, but it's disappointing. And frankly, that's a bit shit. I really wanted to play this game in handheld mode because it's the main hook of the Switch. But this game, for some reason, offers a lesser experience in handheld.

• 2 months later...

Snake Pass has come under fire recently. Why? Because they changed the game icon. 

[images taken from Neogaf]

2017033112041600-57b4h1kws.jpg

2017070521571500-57b4sgj21.jpg

It's not just Neogaf though; apparently there's a bit of complaining about it on Twitter as well. Sumo Digital have said that the new icon is likely going to stay. 

The new icon is a lot more generic and "appy", which is a disservice to the game.