Awoo.

I got Sonic Chronicles!

True Blue

It's past mid-night here, but I decided to take a minute to let you know that I bought Sonic Chronicles today.

It's about time. And only for 19.99 Euros. It's usually 39.99.

I was trying to make up my mind between this one and Sonic Unleashed for the PS2. That's right! I got a PS2!

I got it for my birthday in April, but I've been too busy to tell you properly.

Anyway, I hope I made a good choice. It's my seventh DS game.

So far it's being pretty cool. I'm currently at Chapter 2, and I still have to find Knuckles.

I think Amy is lying about having a boyfriend. We'll see.

Edited by True Blue
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would definitely say you made the right choice. Of course, it's just my opinion, but I thought Chronicles was pretty great, whereas I thought Unleashed for the Wii and PS2 was quite mediocre (I never say games are bad because there's always some way I can enjoy them).

Haha...you'll find out, if you make the right choices.

Personally, I thought of Chronicles as sort of an oddball... not a good game, not a bad game, not an average game- just it's own thing. If anything, it felt like an experimental fast-paced RPG. I'd place my bets the next one will feel more legit.

This game was as incomplete as Sonic 2006 - the main difference being that this could have been a better game had it been absolutely finished.

What little of it is in the game is pretty fun, but it leaves way too much to be desired. Fun, but not something I would buy for the price it's at right now. Maybe if it were $5 or something.

You made the right choice mate. I have both of those games, and I must say, I rather enjoy much more playing Chronicles than Unleashed but I didn't finished either of those games (yea, I found Unleashed that much interesting, but Chronicles wasn't finished as I kind of forgot about it xD). Enjoy your game :-).

It's a good game, but it's over a bit too fast. New Game Plus mode and the various side quests allow you get a bit more mileage out of it, though, and it's gradually grown on me despite me being initially thrown off by its unusual experimental feel.

I've been wanting to get it since it first came out, but haven't had the money. It's hard to pay full price for Sonic games nowadays. If I do buy it, it'll be a used copy. But I still want it. As for Unleashed on the PS2, well, you made the best choice. My cousin recently got Unleashed for his PS2 and he ended up returning it because it was glitchy and froze up all the time. It seems to be a trend for newer games on the PS2 being crappy. Another cousin of mine had the same problem with Guitar Hero: World Tour. I think it's done on purpose to make people move to newer consoles. Many people still have PS2's because well, the PS3 is to expensive and lacks many good games.

On a side note, all I have at the moment is a Gamecube and an original DS......and a Game Gear.

I've been wanting to get it since it first came out, but haven't had the money. It's hard to pay full price for Sonic games nowadays. If I do buy it, it'll be a used copy. But I still want it. As for Unleashed on the PS2, well, you made the best choice. My cousin recently got Unleashed for his PS2 and he ended up returning it because it was glitchy and froze up all the time. It seems to be a trend for newer games on the PS2 being crappy. Another cousin of mine had the same problem with Guitar Hero: World Tour. I think it's done on purpose to make people move to newer consoles. Many people still have PS2's because well, the PS3 is to expensive and lacks many good games.

On a side note, all I have at the moment is a Gamecube and an original DS......and a Game Gear.

Really? I still have a PS2 and it works fine, even with Sonic Unleashed.

You must be one of the lucky ones. Everyone I know who has bought a game for the PS2 that is also out on a next gen system has had bad luck with them.

Just my opinion, but I didn't think Chronicles was all that great. I never really enjoyed the battling, and the music gives me a goddamn headache, X_x. I did like exploring all the environments, I'll give it that, but there was nothing in this game that really pleased me.

As for the PS2/Wii versions of Unleashed, I'd say I had more fun with those games. Sonic's levels were bare, but I thought the werehog was pretty fun in this game, =3. Even though the ratio is more like 70/30 is seems with the werehog getting the most action, I still found it funner than Chronicles.

However, this is all my opinion, ^_^. I really do hope you enjoy your new Sonic game, <3. Who knows? Maybe it'll wind up being your favorite Sonic game yet, =D!

-Blur

Yeah, I don't really get why that BGM was so crappy. I mean, that was Richard Jaques, IIRC; he's done far better. Although the battle music was still great.

Richard Jacques did very little of the game's music; it was some other guy who handled most of the music direction, though I read somewhere that he simply just took MIDIs off the Internet and called it a day. If true, wouldn't surprise me in the very least.

...I still do not know why Shadow gobbles like a turkey when you first meet him.

Anyway, I hope I made a good choice. It's my seventh DS game.

So far it's being pretty cool. I'm currently at Chapter 2, and I still have to find Knuckles.

PROTIP: When you get him: Quake Punch.

Quake Punch EVERYTHING.

Hi, again.

Thank you all for the comments. :)

I'm now on Chapter 8 and have 3 of the Chaos Emeralds.

It felt weird to me that I got all characters before the second part of the game. It kind of makes sense, since all characters come from Sonic's world, and the second part is in another dimension.

I have all Unique Chao's now. :D And I've only got 4 left for my collection to be complete. Is there anyone from Portugal with the Viral Chao? Anyhoo, today I found a Chao that increases the odds of a Unique or Rare one to hatch. I also discovered that, when an egg hatches, if I save the game, then see which Chao is, if I don't like it, I turn the DS off, and try again. It gets tiring, and I really want to continue with the game. But I also don't want to have seven of the same. :P I haven't done it many times, anyway.

I just love the illustrations they made for the chapters. It shows that Bioware has put some effort into the visual parts.

I think most of the music is boring. And in Tails' Workshop, it's very annoying. It's just squeaky sounds. Did Bioware put any effort into the musics? I like the Guitar music in the introduction and the one in the battles, which is similar. I think that music is my favorite.

It's a shame there are no CGI cutscenes after all. The trailers have mislead me. The comic book scenes are good, though.

I have some tiny complaints, but the game is actually being pretty cool. I'm enjoying it, and trying not to worry about the down parts.

The journal is great. I practically knew all that story from Sonic's Universe, but it's all there, all organized. And I was missing some details from Gerald Robotnik's story. Some parts in the Journal seem to be made up my Bioware. The Nocturnus, I know it is. But who gave them the idea Angel Island started floating because of Perfect Chaos?

When I talk to people, I ask all questions before choosing the quickest way. I'm learning a lot. :) When I met Amy, I was mean all the time. Some lines were funny. Later on, I decided to be nicer.

By what I ask Amy about Dexter, she seems to be making him up. But there are times where she looks serious. Although, there are other times where she looks to be still in love with Sonic. LOL

I'm still waiting for Eggman to betray them. He's being too trustworthy. When he runs or when he's on a battle, I look at him and just laugh. The way he moves, it's hilarious.

I notice some things that seem unfinished, as it was said above. I can turn around them, of course. I hope the sequel can be like Super Mario Bros 3, better than SMB1. It's hard for me to see a sequel better than its predecessor. I still can't make up my mind whether I prefer Sonic Rush over Sonic Rush Adventure. :P