Awoo.

[Expirement] Which Sonic character attracts certain personalty types

Klinsy

https://www.16personalities.com/

Surface to say, if this experiment is going to get anywhere only if people know which type of personalty they have, so take a visit to the lovely website above if you don't know.

It's not hard to say that our personalities show our interests, so I'm  conducting this experiment that a certain personalty type is the most attracted to.

This experiment will go on for a week, ending on October 9th, what you have to do is simple, state your personalty type, your favorite Sonic character and what you like about them, I'll use the results to see if there is a certain Sonic character that personalty type is most likely to like(Not universally liked by that type, mind you) and why.

As for me?

Personalty type:INFP-t

Favorite Sonic character: latest?cb=20140725190433

Sticks The Badger

Reason I like her: Funny, reminds me of myself, cute, has a lot of potential to be devolved into something better.

Overall, I think Sticks can be among the greats if she was more expanded on, but I like her enough as she is, hence she is my fave.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personality type: INFP-T

Favourite sonic character: Going mainstream I'd have to say Cream or Shadow

Reason I like Cream: She's cute, kind hearted and while she's quiet and occasionally gets wound up by things she can be full of surprises and very brave. Plus she reminds me a lot of my Mum and how kind hearted and she can be.

Reason I like Shadow: I like Shadow mainly because he is reserved and yet has overcome quite a lot of nonsense to be a much more balanced and observant character. Plus I can relate to someone who's going through mental health problems despite me giving Shad the nickname "King of Angst" when he isn't really a ball of angst, just a ball of introversion these days. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Personality type: INTP-A

Favorite character: Shadow

Why I like him: I find him to be a very interesting and deep character. He tries as hard as he can to get to his goal, but is able to give it up for a friend (like in Sonic Universe). I generally find myself liking characters with more complicated, and deeper stories than the ones who don't.

I also like the arrogant, smug characters for some reason, but I don't know why. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey! I am an INFP - t too! 

Personally I love Knuckles. ( room goes quiet... yeah it isn't pretty obvious ...) 

why would this mix in with my INFP-t personality type? 

He is somewhat opposite of me. (Intj-t) We are both introverted so we went to relate to things inside of ourselves.  He is a sensor: basing everything on his own experience. I am intuitive , so I base things off of gut and intuition. He is a thinker, he bases choices , descisions and life on logic ( his own logic though , as he is a sensor) . I am a feeler, I base the world around me and my choices and descisions on my feelings. He is a Judging type , not judgemental, but he likes order, rules and likes things to be consistent. I am a perceiver, I like to do things on the fly and like to be open to do things. I like change and enjoy new things. 

I think he would be a turbulent type, like myself, I think he isn't insecure and has a hard time relating to people because of it. I think that is the area I can relate to him in. 

The strong point for INFP is that they can mimic other people's feelings and can truly understand the feelings and situations other people are in. They can literally put themselves in your shoes and be in your state of mind if give no enough information. 

With knuckles, (ISTJ) , his personality type attracts infp because they admire the sense of duty and responsibility they have . They love the fact that they can get themselves in order and get places. INFP usually don't do that so well. 

The character who shares my type is Silver: he sees the world he is in, ha so an image of what it should be and gets depressed by how it is.   

By the way, I have a Myer brigs general topic too!  This is like my pass time and I could talk about it all day! 

By the way, @SonicEkkusu you have the same type as Sonic! 

Personality Type: INTP-A

Favorite Sonic Character: Tails 

Reason(s) I like Tails: Cute, smart, and always knows to stay confident in himself, no matter the situation he's in. Oh, and I find his flying abilities pretty cool, too.

... Just makes me wish that more recent games made him do stuff again.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am an ENTP-T, and my favorite is Fiona Fox. I like her because of her sad backstory, and that she has issues with her life. She is a very likable character. Being hated out of universe for what she's done makes her even more compelling for some reason. And that bow helps, too. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Personality type: INFP-t

Favourite character: latest?cb=20150814060315

Shadow the Hedgehog.

Reason why I like him: Is rather quiet and has his own goals. I also like his appearance.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh I guess I got the "Advocate" INFJ-A personality type which I guess only makes up 1% of the world population? Took it multiple times and got it each time and it's kinda weirding me out lmao.

In contrast though my favorite character is boringly enough just Sonic the Hedgehog lmao. His design is still one of the most perfect icons created, the cheesy mother fucker is super endearing, and I just simply like how simple yet effective of a character he is. I also have a weird thing for ironically-not ironically liking things that are forced in "cool factor."

If I had to choose a second though since he's so close it would be Metal Sonic in a heart beat. There's something great about a rival who's sole purpose in life is to be better than the thing he was built after. He also arguably has the coolest design throughout the entire series in terms of just straight up aesthetics, movement, and ability.

• Thumbs Up 2

Personalty type: (ISFJ-T)

Favorite Sonic character: Amy Rose

Reason I like her: I like Amy Rose because she doesn't fit into the stereotypical "cool" role like some other Sonic characters do. She's not some "Girl Power" stereotype. She's not a superhero or a princess or the president's daughter or the police commissioner's daughter. She was just some girl with a juiced-up child's toy that got rescued by Sonic and developed affection for him. I love the quirkiness and lightheartedness and motherliness she brings to the table. It's a valuable counterpoint to the likes of Sonic, Shadow and Silver. I'm really getting sick of SEGA trying to make this character seem like something to be ashamed of, but it will not stop me. They made her the female lead for a reason. I'm going to savor every moment of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Right now it seems that many who are INFP like shadow, who is an INTJ. 

Introverted, intuitive, thinking, judging. 

This is taken from personality pages website on INTJ:

"INTJs live in the world of ideas and strategic planning. They value intelligence, knowledge, and competence, and typically have high standards in these regards, which they continuously strive to fulfill. To a somewhat lesser extent, they have similar expectations of others."

"INTJs spend a lot of time inside their own minds, and may have little interest in the other people's thoughts or feelings. Unless their Feeling side is developed, they may have problems giving other people the level of intimacy that is needed. Unless their Sensing side is developed, they may have a tendency to ignore details which are necessary for implementing their ideas." 

"The INTJ's interest in dealing with the world is to make decisions, express judgments, and put everything that they encounter into an understandable and rational system. Consequently, they are quick to express judgments. Often they have very evolved intuitions, and are convinced that they are right about...INTJs tend to blame misunderstandings on the limitations of the other party, rather than on their own difficulty in expressing themselves. This tendency may cause the INTJ to dismiss others input too quickly, and to become generally arrogant and elitist "

Ironically shadow is the opposite personality type of Sonic , Entp. (I appologize, I made an error by commenting on sonic's type at 1am lol!) 

I just find it interesting that INFP seem to like dark edgy characters when they themselves are complete opposite! 

• Thumbs Up 3

I am an INTJ, and i have extreme values for all of them. Interestingly I am 92% introverted. I never knew that I was that introverted.

As for my favourite characters, it's Metal Sonic. Blaze and Sonic are second. Shadow Is fifth. 

I'm not sure I'd call Sonic the opposite of an INTJ, when Fleetway Sonic is kinda INTJ. I'm not sure if Shadow is an INTJ consider how emotional and irrational he can be. 

• Thumbs Up 1

92% introverted? That's mild; I'm 97% introverted.

Also came in at an INTJ, specifically INTJ-A for this. Apparently that's super rare for women (at 0.8% of the population) so cool I guess. 

Favourite characters are Vector and Espio, who are kinda on the polar opposite ends of personality. But the reason why I like them is partly based on how they work as a dynamic, as well their fun individual personalities and traits. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I got INFP-T, and reading through what it says for it sounds a lot like me in certain areas. My favorite character is Tails, because I see a lot of myself in Tails and somehow it became true the other way around and I see a lot of Tails in myself. It most likely occured because my subconcsious or unconcious or whatever copies, mimics, replicates, or adapts to my understanding of any fictional character I relate to deep enough, among other things, to the point that the very idea of Tails is deeply intertwined and intergrated with the very core and essence of my being. 

Sonic is also a close second, and it's mostly because I like Sonic as a character pretty much for the same reason Tails looks up to Sonic. He's just so cool and inspiring, and he's the kind of guy I sometimes wish I could be more like. Doing things immediately when you have the time do, and being able to just live life freely doing whatever you want with no one telling you otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 1

INTP-A, Favourite would have to be one of the main three hedgehogs.

Sonic, because he is just so cocky, cheesy and entertaining but when he needs to be he can be somewhat serious but still have fun in the process, yet for all his heroic traits it turns out he's actually really quite pragmatic, as Black Knight had proved with his "can't be the good guy all the time" comments, and killing King Arthur (being under the impression he was actually a living being) before cheering and raising his sword triumphantly.

Shadow, the Ian Flynn version, specifically. I love the way he is shown as brutally pragmatic, fucking whatever is in his way up to get what he wants, his deadpan sarcasm, his way of thinking which relies almost exclusively on logic (making his feeling moments all the more surprising) and the fact that he has gone through hell and back but has yet to mentally snap (or has snapped. and has become emotionally dead).

Silver, because of the fact that he is this strange hybrid of cool and a bit of a dork. He has psychokinesis, has a design that suggests a powerful main character, and is physically powerful, but somewhat clumsy, naive and in the comics somewhat more fun and energetic, such as when he shouted at Metal Sonic that he was Too Slow, with a huge shit-eating grin.

EDIT: Word was missing.

Edited by NeoZero
Word was missing.
  • Thumbs Up 2

latest?cb=20160902004701

Now that I have enough data from our first day, let's

SCIENCE IT UP IN HERE!

Ahem, any good experiment gives us a hypothesis and going by the data given to me, I conclude:

ONE'S OWN PERSONALTY WILL NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT THEIR FAVORITE CHARACTER HAS THE SAME ONE

As this experiment will go on, we will see if this hypothesis is true.

And remember:

latest?cb=20130623174204

#Sciencerules

• Thumbs Up 3

Hmm, is there really enough quality data to do much analysis with? I mean, there's lots of raw data, but all but one response has been an introvert type. Would the results be any different if it were all extroverts or an exact mix of both? We've also got only two judging personalities and they're both exactly the same across the other areas (INTJ), we've got only one sensing personality. The fairest comparison right now is feeling vs thinking. 

Or would we approach it by correlating which characters get which personality types for them, but the only ones with a substantial amount of nods so far are Sonic and Shadow. I know that's not so bad since they're pretty much polar opposites, but it doesn't really cover a variety of transitional traits.

Or am I playing up my classification by over-thinking this.

• Thumbs Up 2

A hypothesis at it's core, is basically a assumption, granted, one with a bit more ground than a baseless guess, but a assumption none the less.

Maybe saying it will be true or not is bit of a overstatement, but I'm just making a guess on the data we have now, which is not sustainable due to how limited it is.

Let''s see how things turn out by the end of the week.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am an INFP-T.

My favorite Sonic character is probably... Blaze

tumblr_lrbu8ozhbe1qzdk2vo1_1280.png

For one, I have an affinity for cats, so that helps.

Secondly, her design is excellent. The combination of purple, lavender, magenta, yellow, white, and that touch of red all blend beautifully, and are fairly distributed throughout her design. Her cuffs elicit the "fiery" part of her character well. That along with her coat, ponytail, and shoe shape, all serve to give her a rather distinct silhouette. Speaker of her shoes, the fact that her shoes resemble Sonic's yet have a twist on them with the addition heels (however unpractical for running fast) draws your eye. You expect Sonic's shoes, yet you get something else. 

Personality wise, I see a bit of her in me. She's shy and a bit of a loner. She has trouble making friends and making conversation without someone else approaching her directly. She'll try to change the subject at hand to her primary goal, due to her being uncomfortable with small-talk and strange interjections (I haven't played Sonic Rush in years, but I remember her exhibiting that last trait. If false, just take it as me projecting...). Even with all this, she likes helping people in need. As queen of the Sol Dimension, she feels obligated to do this. While I'm not a queen, or any sort of royalty (I'm not even her gender, so :/ ), I feel a distinct need to help others.

Obviously this doesn't touch all of the bases, as humans beings are fathoms deeper than any fictional characters. But still, I find Blaze to be very endearing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Personality type: INTP-T. More information here. 

Favourite character: Sonic The Hedgehog himself, (particularly the OVA incarnation). 

sonic8.jpg

Always thought his design was one of the best I've ever seen, like the simplicity and strikingness of it. Prefer the shorter stouter classic design though. Like his "get it done" attitude, alleged hot temper, his impatientness, the fact that he symbolizes freedom over everything else, and the fact he won't take crap from anyone if he doesn't have to. The idea that he is as happy by himself as he would be with friends (his independentess) intrigues me too. He's kinda a dick but the kind that still does genuinely really care when push comes to shove. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I suggest figuring out what the personality types for the characters themselves are, since this is an experiment and all. I mean, it seems to be that the experiment is which personality types are attracted to which characters, so  wouldn't it help if the characters' personality types are established as well? 

• Thumbs Up 1

That would be quite helpful, but unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a completely accurate Sonic  mbpt chart out there, I'm going to have to consult someone who knows more about this.

Till then, please be patient.

• Thumbs Up 1

My personality type: INTP-A (Introverted, INtuitive, Thinking, Perceiving, -Assertive)

My favorite Sonic character: 

298?cb=20101018233818

knuckles the echidna

(BACK WHEN HE STILL HAD A BRAIN)

Knuckles, on the now rare occasions that he's actually in character, fits the profile for an ISTP (Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging)  personality type. In real life INTP and ISTJ personalities tend to work well together. Their shared I and traits tend to put them on the same wavelength, minimizing interpersonal conflicts, while their contrasting N/S and P/J give them clearly defined and complimentary roles, INTPs specialize in come up with ideas which ISTJs use their skills to implement. I suppose I like Knuckles partially because I see myself in him (thanks to our shared I and T typing) and because I see traits I wish I had in him (I'd like to have some more S and J traits so that I could better implement my various ideas).One thing I've noticed going through a list of my other favorite fictional characters is that the bulk of them share the I and T typings. This includes the likes of Shadow the Hedgehog, Solid Snake, Miles Edgeworth, Jessica Jones, and Sherlock Holmes, among others. This isn't to say that there aren't other character types on my list, it's just that a disproportionately large number of them are I and Ts. Oddly enough though there are only a handful of INTP characters who I really like. Really Ema Skye, Van Hohenheim, and maybe Otacon (although he could just as easily be INFP) are the only ones that come to mind.

On the topic of INTP and Metal Gear somebody slipped the Diamond Dogs logo into one of the images for the INTP profile:INTP romantic relationships

I approve.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Sparky said:

I suggest figuring out what the personality types for the characters themselves are, since this is an experiment and all. I mean, it seems to be that the experiment is which personality types are attracted to which characters, so  wouldn't it help if the characters' personality types are established as well? 

I will work on that ! 

I posted shadow earlier. No personality test is 100% accurate or to the T on every point, (that is why there's percentages on each category) but the important part is finding the core of the personality .

Sonic is ESTP. The ESTP personality type is a no rules, free to make choices personality. They hate rules, scheduals, regulations, or any other impediment to their freedom. Even though they are extroverted they still have introverted tendencies and need to processes things on their own. They live by their own moral compass and don't like others to dictate how they should think. They like living life on the edge and have the highest tendency to  make risky choices. They don't like being tied down. ( if that doesn't describe Sonic then what does?)

most people say Tails is a ISTP, "the mechanic" but there are 2 things wrong with the type description for tails: 1) they are not likely to care about what other people feel (Not like tails a the all) and second Tails is a child and most of the time you can't really choose a full profile for a still developing child. The mechanic likes hands on work, true, but fellow ISTP include people such as Harrison Ford and he does not remind me of Tails at all.  The closest type for him has to be ISFP, the ISFP is a caring guy type who will pretty much do anything you ask them to do. They have an impeccably hard time saying no when people ask them to help them.  The ISFP is a humanitarian who's main goal is to help others . They can be kind to a fault , and often find themselves feeling unappreciated. They are loyal and honest. 

knuckles is almost most definitely an ISTJ, the ISTJ is stubborn, and traditional. The ISTJ takes their work seriously and puts all their efforts into their duties. They can be bluntly honest and somewhat cold to the feelings of others and have a hard time understanding other's emotions . They are very loyal and will often take on more work than they can handle. They have a hard time saying no to people when that ask for help even though they would rather not do it.  They are organize and task oriented and have a "no time for games" mentality. ( down to the wire!) 

it is 5 am, so I will start with that ! I will cover some more later on :) 

My personality type was given as ISFP-T (the Adventurer) however...

I can say that the test mentioned in the OP was hard and much of it didn't really make much sense so I had to search and hope that I got it right. Wish that there was an alternative version for simple minded people or for people who aren't parents/working people. It just doesn't seem right the result (I'm not a creative or a competitive person) and probably one of the few people who actually doubt the results of the tests. Looking at the personality profiles, I might be more closer to a ISFJ-T (the Defender) and actually has people/characters that I can relate to. Maybe a mixture of the two? Then its hard to classify since its one of the few times when you can't be slotted easily (so whoever does the research of the experiment, take my profile as a pinch of salt).

At least being 100% introverted is true.

My favorite Sonic character: Well... it is Sonic the Hedgehog himself.

Why I consider Sonic my favorite character is mainly to do with the character design being simple and easily recognisable whether it is the classic design that is considered my favorite or the Modern era design as in from Unleashed onwards. He is cute mixed with cool while some of the other Sonic characters are one or the other, like Tails, Amy and Cream are more cute while Knuckles and Shadow can be seen as cool. Seeing the character gives me a smile even when things get bad. As for the personality; he is easy going, brave, cocky but not too much, polite yet jokey at least in some Sonic media (stuff like the Fleetway comics, he is more of a jerk though) and while this hasn't been touched up on since the early days, Sonic is also an environmentalist caring about the world and nature. It's also kind of hard to catergorise Sonic due to so many interaptations of him, some he is front and center with his friends (usually Tails) while others he keeps himself to himself and only shows up to save the day. Early on he hardly spoke and didn't have anyone with him apart from the animal friends that he saves but certainly changed to someone who has access to a bunch of friends and rivals as well as talks a lot.

Now scientifically why is my favorite character different to my personality while someone like Tails or Blaze are more closer to my personality, even though Tails doesn't get easily stressed. Unless shouting "SONIC" for help counts. It is because we usually have someone to look up to and Sonic has traits that I wished in a way to have but in good way such as bravery, confidence, having a sense of humor. I guess Tails and Blaze from what little we know of her is like that too to Sonic.

Maybe the ISFP personality describes the games themselves as they are reinventing (some people argue too much), are in a colorful world (mostly), unpredictable (Sonic games have some crazy highs and lows), fluctuating self-esteem, easily stressed (if a Sonic game is rushed for a deadline...) and imaginative.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, this is an interesting topic.

I did the Myers-Briggs Test a long time ago, and I turned out to be the rarest personality type: INTJ - Mastermind or Architect depending on where you look at the description. Fits me like a book, with contingency ideas out the wazoo, thirst for knowledge, open-minded, and being introverted - although I've become a lot more interested in hanging out with others, I feel drained as time goes on and I generally stick to a select few friends.

To put that bluntly: if you don't and continue not to make any damn sense, we're gonna have some big ass problems. I don't tolerate bigotry.

Fitting with that personality, it's kinda hard for me to pick a favorite character than it used to be. I used to have a top 5-10, but over time I've been looking at characters in a lot of ways, either as chess pieces on a chessboard as far as storytelling goes to individuals with backgrounds and lifestyles that influence their personality and how they affect others. Basically, all characters should have context - a strong purpose and understanding for being present where they are as a result of circumstance that place them there, which is a windy way of saying "not being around because they're expected when they should have other shit to worry about." Because not every character is an adventurer.

If we're including characters from all Sonic mediums, well I guess my first pick would be obvious:

1977387-conquering_storm001.jpg

This woman right here!

Don't get it wrong, she doesn't hold the "number 1 favorite" on her own, but there's something about this character that really drew me to her. Her design was one - back during the Iron Dominion arc of Archie Sonic, I thought she was a cool minor character. Then she became a major secondary-ish character later on, and I liked how she was rather pragmatic, yet iron-willed in her beliefs and morals. Granted, she's dogmatic as well, but there wasn't that much to her at the time. 

That, and she's quite a fierce character, even if calm and low key about it. Always been attracted to that kind of woman, and my friends say I had a slight thing for "amazon" characters. lol

Then the reboot (and fucking Worlds Unite) happened, and when I saw she was still around, let's just say I was really happy she wasn't gone like other characters. While some parts of her character suffered, mainly her stupidly rushing into a 3v1 fight against Dark Gaia powered Witchcarters and losing a rather lacking fight in a (rushed) arc against the Freedom Fighters, I like that she's more flexible with her standards and accepting of people regardless of where they came from so long as they're strong enough to pull their weight in her clan (which is telling when the other heroic clans are said to be not-so flexible).

Okay, but enough about bae here. Other characters I happen to gravitate to are game characters Shadow, Knuckles, Blaze, and Orbot, and extended characters of Nephthys, Shade, Imperator Ix. It would be quite exhaustive to go into detail over each and every character here, but let's say there's this liking of strong and convicted characters with well-reasoned intentions that I happen to like the most, with those being the more flexible or the more rock-solid rationales taking priority. A little be of ruthlessness and willingness to get their hands dirty also goes a long way, moreso if it's for well-intentioned reasons, and it's interesting that all of these characters (except Orbot) are rather militant in composure even if to varying degrees. 

Now full disclosure: Shade and Ix are mainly on my preference for their designs and character potentials, for those who might be asking why I listed them. They're an overall hit-and-miss at times. It should also be noted that the reason I didn't include Sonic is because he's too obvious a choice and is already a given - his character is basically designed to be that way for the most part, even with his flaws that bring him down and make him more relatable.

• Thumbs Up 1