Popponic's Good and Bad Art.

Popponic

I mean, it's SO high quality.

3HLiQ4N.png

He was going to be a Robot...

Ektz3eJ.png

Then I got bored and made this

lP1uYy5.png

This is for my possible game I'm working on.

g5VKbuY.png

• Thumbs Up 1

If you're frustrated with MS Paint, there are free programs you can download such as Gimp.

I'd personally recommend Medibang as an MS Paint replacement. The lineart you get with it is a lot cleaner, almost vector like, and there's also a lot of neat transformation tools and paint brush options. It's definately my favourite freehand drawing tool currently.

If you want to spend money. Corel Paint or whatever their newest version is. If you want to spend mega money, Photoshop.

If you don't want to spend money... GIMP is your next best thing really and it's probably better than a lot of paid for programs too..

But, don't just think that because you have photoshop or GIMP then suddenly you'll be amazing at digital based artwork. Aside from learning how to use the program and be competent at it, there is then the question as to if you're using a mouse or a tablet to draw with? 

• Thumbs Up 2

MS paint has it flaws, I'd go with Mayor D's advice and get programs such as Photoshop, if you want to do your main character concept in pixel art on Photoshop, I highly suggest watching Overbound's pixel art tutorials on Youtube (if you want to use Photoshop).

2 hours ago, Mayor D said:

But, don't just think that because you have photoshop or GIMP then suddenly you'll be amazing at digital based artwork. Aside from learning how to use the program and be competent at it, there is then the question as to if you're using a mouse or a tablet to draw with? 

This is really important too, and something I was thinking of bringing up myself if I didn't have to go to school, lol. It's also important to note that getting a tablet isn't going to necessarily make everything hunky dory either. Heck, my drawing stagnated for an entire year because I was insisting on using a tablet but just wasn't as good at drawing with it as I was with traditional media and paper. Things got a lot better when I started drawing on paper again, then scanning it and doing digital stuff with it. That's just my own personal experience, of course; I'm not knocking tablets, as they're used for truly amazing things by many millions of artists. I'm just trying to emphasize the point that it's not just the tools at your disposal or how good they are, it's what you do with them and how well you've mastered them. And ultimately, the MOST important thing is your drawing itself. Tools never do the drawing for you, no matter how good or bad they are, and theoretically almost any tool can be used to good effect, but clearly some tools will be much more helpful and easy to master than others.

If you don't have a tablet, at this point you may try just drawing on paper and scanning it in, especially since it's just concept art. (If you don't even have a scanner, heck, just taking a photo might be okay at this point.) You can worry about what tools you're using after you're confident you have a solid concept and the ability to draw it. At some point, you may be able to work with the thing you've scanned and turn it into something digital if you want to.

Also, in general, making unsolicited requests for artwork from strangers without even giving a reason why they should is not something I would recommend. It can come across as annoying, or people will assume you just don't want to put in the time and effort yourself. Relying on random favors just doesn't work most of the time. If you are willing to do it yourself, many people will be more than glad to give you advice to try to help you get where you need to be, as has already been demonstrated in this very thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fair Enough.

Unless you've already seen this; I made a modern classic sonic 1 hybrid sprite; like most hacks tend to go for.

lP1uYy5.png

• Thumbs Up 1