Awoo.

Sonic art book coming from Cook & Becker

PC the Hedgehog

Sweet! I'm definitely gonna get this when it comes out! I love alot of the artwork from this series!

However, if it doesn't have any of Uekawa's artwork in it, I'm gonna be super disappointed. I love their illustrations on Sonic Channel.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. I'm a idiot who can't read properly and didn't notice that it says Uekawa will be interviewed in it, possibly meaning that their artwork is in it. My bad, lol.

Just now, YoshiParty said:

However, if it doesn't have any of Uekawa's artwork in it, I'm gonna be super disappointed. I love their illustrations on Sonic Channel.

I imagine there will be seeing how he's one of the people who was interviewed for the book. :V

Anyway, Cook & Becker does great stuff so this should be good.

I remember when Aaron told fans if he should push the marketing/merchandising(?) team to make a art book quite a while ago and here we are, Webber's the man man!

• Thumbs Up 1

Please have lots of good quality pictures and none that are accidentally scabbed from DA. Bit jarring when you find out that the people who did the History of Sonic book couldn't tell the difference between a fan made sonic battle image and a official one.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

So uh some news are up and about this ol' art book.

http://www.sonicretro.org/2016/12/attention-sonic-hedgehog-collectors-cook-becker-looking-rare-original-official-art-collectibles/

Seems like Cook and Becker are asking fellow fans that have any sort of super rare merch, promo art or scans to contact them. More details are in Retro's article above. Also a little Flicky told me that there's apparently news about the book coming next week so yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's finally here! The link keeps crashing on me but I'm assuming it's going live soon. The Collector's Edition also contains an exclusive, newly drawn matted art giclee print by Sonic Team lead artist Yuji Uekawa.Edit:There's also a hardcover regular edition for $45

https://www.candb.com/en/artwork/2076/sonic-the-hedgehog-25th-anniversary-art-book-collector-s-edition-sega.html

64e9444d32424877a5b358f9711c6f82.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

After thinking about it I may cancel my c.e and get a regular edition.  honestly a piece of artwork that will sit in my corner just seemed wasteful for another 128 dollars.

• 1 month later...

Whoa, $110.00 is a lot of Wonga to shell out for an artbook.   But it does look pretty sweet....decisions decisions.....

Throwing in all that Wonga to get that beautiful art print is totally worth all the Wonga's worth. Cook & Becker and SEGA, can take all my WONGA!

boom is going to replace money with wonga won't it?

Is it just my imagination, or would Boom Sonic look tons better if you got rid of the scarf?

Without the scarf, Boom Sonic would look just as fine. The scarf is there to be a visual reminder that it's not Modern Sonic.

33 minutes ago, Soni said:

Throwing in all that Wonga to get that beautiful art print is totally worth all the Wonga's worth. Cook & Becker and SEGA, can take all my WONGA!

boom is going to replace money with wonga won't it?

Yes, all countries shall eventually make Wonga the official currency! XD

But yea, between this artbook, all the Nintendo Switch & 3DS stuff & all the comics that have caught my eye coming out from March through Summer I am going to be broke for months!  My poor wallet!

• Thumbs Up 1