Awoo.

Monkey Magic cabinet discovered

Klinsy

Nintendo's early days in gaming were not practically inspired, a lot of them were your basic Pong and Break Out clones, one of the more interesting ones is Monkey Magic, where you ruin a monkey's day by messing up their face.

The interesting thing about this? There was next to no proof this actually made it to the market ... until now

Now, let's hope we find a way to play EVR Race again.

• Thumbs Up 4

This is awesome to hear! I love it when we can find old video games that were lost to the passeges of time and preserve them.

All I know is that it would have to have a legal name change if it had been released here back in the day. Seriously, I got confused for a second there. 

This game is kinda creepy to me, tbh. 

But, cool to know another hidden game had been discovered. Weird how Nintendo made this, though.

Yikes! Even for someone named after a monkey-murdering machine, this game is a little violent for my tastes. Monkey Magic? More like Monkey Maiming. Who knew Nintendo, the world's pioneers of cheery and family-friendly games, had their earliest beginnings in video games tainted with such grisly imagery?

That being said, this actually seems rather creative and inventive for a Breakout clone! Looks like even back then, the Nintendo creative juices were flowing! And it's just awesome that a new piece of obscure gaming history has been uncovered.

All I could think of when I saw this topic was THIS game:

"MONKAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!"