Awoo.

The SSMB Community Game Night - Every Sunday at 9pm BST/4pm EST! - Sunday 28th August - Multiversus and Smash Ultimate! Check latest post for details!

Ryannumber1gamer

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

By request - Game Night is making another round this month! Given that SSMB Game Night has become something of a limited time event until at least Summer - this means that if you wanted to partake in one, now is your chance!

So on Saturday 20th April is the current date planned for the Game Night. The times will be the regular - 5pm EST/10pm GMT for the main event, and 7:30pm EST/12:30am GMT for Encore.

So what will be the games? Well, given what was requested - the biggest and most definite is going to be Super Smash Bros Ultimate. This will be the main event that will be on at 5pm EST/10pm GMT.

As for the Encore game, it is not fully decided, but I've decided to let people vote for which game will be played. The two current decisions are Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Splatoon 2. Either vote here, or in one of the statuses about Game Night (preferably the one I will send out about the vote) and a decision will be made on Friday for which game will be covered during Encore.

It goes without saying that Motobug will be taking temporarily hiatus whilst Game Night operates this week, but it'll be back next week for anyone watching Sam & Max there. With that said - let me know if you want to play this Saturday!

Count me in! Can't wait to join in with Smash!

As for the encore... I don't really have a preference, but I'll choose Mario Kart since it's the only one of the two that I still have currently.

On 4/16/2019 at 1:40 AM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

By request - Game Night is making another round this month! Given that SSMB Game Night has become something of a limited time event until at least Summer - this means that if you wanted to partake in one, now is your chance!

So on Saturday 20th April is the current date planned for the Game Night. The times will be the regular - 5pm EST/10pm GMT for the main event, and 7:30pm EST/12:30am GMT for Encore.

So what will be the games? Well, given what was requested - the biggest and most definite is going to be Super Smash Bros Ultimate. This will be the main event that will be on at 5pm EST/10pm GMT.

As for the Encore game, it is not fully decided, but I've decided to let people vote for which game will be played. The two current decisions are Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Splatoon 2. Either vote here, or in one of the statuses about Game Night (preferably the one I will send out about the vote) and a decision will be made on Friday for which game will be covered during Encore.

It goes without saying that Motobug will be taking temporarily hiatus whilst Game Night operates this week, but it'll be back next week for anyone watching Sam & Max there. With that said - let me know if you want to play this Saturday! 

Cool ^^

I'll vote for Splatoon 2 ^^

I'll join in if it gets picked because it's the only one of the 3 I own lol

8 minutes ago, Shiroi said:

Is there a Discord server or something? ^^

There is, although right now a PM is up until it's time for playing the games.

I didn't add you to it until I knew for sure what game we were playing - but the game that won the vote this week was MK8D. That said, Splatoon 2 will be the next Encore game in about two weeks.

26 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

There is, although right now a PM is up until it's time for playing the games.

I didn't add you to it until I knew for sure what game we were playing - but the game that won the vote this week was MK8D. That said, Splatoon 2 will be the next Encore game in about two weeks.

Thanks for the heads up ^^ I’ll wait for the next game night then ^^

• 2 weeks later...

As promised, the final night of Game Night's limited return this time around is this week - Saturday 4th May 2019! If you want to play, let me know so I can add you to the organisation PM!

The games for the night are...

Main Game Night Event: 10pm GMT/5pm EST - 

670?cb=20190427143446

Super Smash Bros Ultimate - it's time for another round!

And the Game Night Encore game at 7:30pm EST/12:30am GMT is...

670?cb=20170820191722

Splatoon 2!

Again, let me know if you wanna play!

I'm game! I should have Splatoon 2 by tomorrow, so looking forward to that!

5 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

I'm game! I should have Splatoon 2 by tomorrow, so looking forward to that!

So I could win by taking advantage of a newbie? Hehehee.

*Remembers he hasn't played Splatoon 2 in some time.*

…..D'oh!

3 hours ago, DanJ86 said:

So I could win by taking advantage of a newbie? Hehehee.

*Remembers he hasn't played Splatoon 2 in some time.*

…..D'oh!

Oh, I'm no newbie. I just traded in the game a while back when I didn't have the funds for the Switch Online service.

...Buuut that does mean that I also haven't played the game in some time, so you're not alone in that regard. ;)

Hi, @NegaMetallix's brother here.

I kinda took part in the last game night, which was a lot of fun. But now that I've finally got my own Switch and Smash, I'd like to join up separately if that's ok.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

• 4 months later...

It's that time again! With more than a few events upcoming, including Halloween, and the anniversary of another community thing on here - @Failinhearts's SSMB Heroes Academy, the perfect way to celebrate the spooky season is a Game Night! 

As usual, everyone is welcome to partake in the Game Night festivities, just give me a shout either on this topic, through the statuses, or via PM, (preferably on this topic) and let me know if you're interested in playing so I can add you to the organisation PM.

Since quite a few multiplayer related games have dropped since the last Game Night, I'm going to be offering a vote for the second game. A status will be made here where you can vote for what the Encore game will be. Please place all votes in that status to ensure that your vote is counted! 

As for the voting games, if Team Sonic Racing or Crash Team Racing is chosen, I will only be able to host the PS4 editions of the game. That said, if anyone wishes to volunteer to host the PC/Switch/Xbox versions, feel free to let me know and we can work out the details. At the very least, I expect both the PS4/Switch versions to be supported if either game is chosen.

So with that said, the current Game Night planned is for Saturday October 5th 2019, and the games are...

GAME NIGHT MAIN EVENT: 

10pm BST/5pm EST:

spacer.png

SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE

GAME NIGHT ENCORE: 

VOTE HERE

GAME SELECTION:

-MARIO KART 8 DELUXE

-TEAM SONIC RACING

-CRASH TEAM RACING

Hope to see you all for another fun gaming night! Give me a shout if anyone has any questions.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll see if I can join. I probably will be able to, since I'm not generally busy on Saturdays.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll make the time for Saturday unless something out of my control like the last few times happens 

Count me in if we can play TSR on PS4 as that's the only on I own out of that selection 😂

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe won the vote! We’ll be playing it at 12am BST/7pm EST!

• 2 months later...

Back for a holiday surprise, Game Night's making the rounds again! Join us as we knock out the festive season, and close out the year with a Game Night! Join us at 10pm GMT/5pm EST on Saturday 21st December for a round of brawling followed up by some racing!

As usual, everyone is welcome to join in, and play whatever game we are playing, just let me know either through PM, status, or even just a response to this PM, and I'll add you to the Game Night planning PM!

As usual, we're going to be running a mainstay - Super Smash Bros Ultimate, not only since it's the fan-favourite, but December happens to be the one year anniversary of the game! As for Encore, we will be offering a vote once again.

The choices will be Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch), Team Sonic Racing (PS4/Switch), and Crash Team Racing Nitro Fuelled (PS4/Switch). You can vote for that here. As usual, if there's any questions, feel free to ask and I'll get back to you ASAP.

So again:

Game Night on Saturday 21st December - 10pm GMT/5pm EST:

spacer.png

SUPER SMASH BROS: ULTIMATE

And for Game Night Encore at 7:30pm EST/12:30am GMT...

A VOTE BETWEEN MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (SWITCH), TEAM SONIC RACING (PS4/SWITCH), AND CRASH TEAM RACING NITRO FUELLED - VOTE HERE.

We're doing another Game Night! It'll more or less be the same as the last night, with both Smash Ult and Crash. However, we're slightly changing the schedule last time, as from what we could tell, more UK/EU players were interested in Crash NF, while more US players were interested in Smash Ultimate, so we're rearranging them so Crash is earlier in the night, and Smash is later, hopefully accommodating both.

As usual, let me know if you want to play either via status, or through this topic.

So with that said - the games for December 28th are...

Crash Team Racing Nitro Fuelled: 10pm GMT/5pm EST

spacer.png

Game Night Encore: Super Smash Bros Ultimate - 7:30pm EST/12:30am GMT

spacer.png

Game Night is back for an extra special night to celebrate Halloween! We're not only gonna be bringing back Smash Ultimate, but we're also adding a limited time Free to Play game on Switch! As long as you've got Switch Online, you'll be clear to join in the fun

When is this happening? Saturday October 17th 2020! 

And what're the games?

First off, we're starting Game Night off earlier! We'll be starting the first game at 9pm BST/4pm EST, and we'll be playing it for three hours, as opposed to the usual two hours! If you can't make the new time, it's alright. Just hop in at whatever time you're ready!

So, without further ado, our first game of the evening is...

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate! - 9pm BST/4pm EST to 12am BST/7pm EST

Spoiler

1200px-Super_Smash_Bros_Ultimate_Box_Art

Following that, we've got a limited time Free to Play offering, meaning as long as you got a Switch Online subscription, anyone can play it! 

Our second game of the evening is...

Overwatch (Switch) - FREE TO PLAY BETWEEN OCTOBER 13TH AND OCTOBER 20TH! - 12am BST/7pm EST

Spoiler

220px-Overwatch_cover_art.jpg

Nintendo is offering the full version of Overwatch on Switch as a limited time game trial between October 13th, and October 20th. If you haven't downloaded one of their trials before, this means you get access to the full game for a week as long as you have Switch Online.

In order to download it, you simply go to the EShop, go to Switch Online, go to Game Trials, pick Overwatch, and download, and it's as simple as that!

As usual, let me know either via this topic, or via PM/status if you want to play either game, and I'll add you to the organisation PM! Hope to see you there!

Sure, I could use a good reason to get back into Smash. Not really much of an Overwatch player, though, but I'd be up for some matches at least.

• 2 weeks later...

We're bringing Game Night back for a second round this Saturday (October 24th 2020!). This week's games are...

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Switch) - 9pm BST/4pm EST (3 hours)

and...

Game Night Encore: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fuelled (PS4 and Switch) - 12am BST/7pm EST!

Let me know if you wanna play either via this topic, or via PM!

This time I should be able to join for Smash!

I have CTR but I've barely played it so I'm not very good at it, hehe.

Alright everyone, with the recent success of the Game Nights held during October, I've decided to relaunch Game Night as a regular weekly event once again! 

Every Sunday, a SSMB Game Night will be held where SSMB members can come along and play the games that are on offer that week! With the relaunch, there's going to be some minor changes.

Firstly, I've decided to make Super Smash Bros Ultimate a mainstay game during the first event. It's been a consistent hit during Game Night, and tends to be the game that most people come along to play, so Game Night from now on will kick off with Smash Ultimate at 9pm BST/4pm EST!

Following Smash is the Encore game. The game chosen for the Encore event will rotate out every week with other games, such as Overwatch, Crash Team Racing, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, and other such games. Free to Play games are also planned to be regularly rotated into the event to offer everyone a chance to join in! The new Encore time will be 12:30am BST/7:30pm EST.

Other than that, things are pretty much the same. Let me know if you're interested in playing, and I'll add you to the organisation PM where we make sure everyone's good to go before the night starts.

Finally, it's been decided that Game Night for the time being is going to be moved to Sunday nights, as to not conflict with Motobug streams on Saturdays. That said, I'll be keeping an eye to see how the new day goes for everyone, and can switch it to Friday, potentially if need be. We're also starting an hour earlier to expand the main event! So instead of the main event lasting two hours, it'll last three hours! (9pm - 12am BST/4pm - 7pm EST)

Anyways, when is the relaunch kicking off? Sunday November 15th 2020! From then on, we'll be doing Game Nights every Sunday, so be sure to keep an eye on this topic for that! 

So, with that all said, that just leaves this week's games! 

Mainstay Game: Super Smash Bros Ultimate - 9pm BST/4pm EST

Encore Game: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 12:30am BST/7:30pm EST

As usual, let me know if you wanna play!