Awoo.

The SSMB Community Game Night - Every Sunday at 9pm BST/4pm EST! - Sunday 28th August - Multiversus and Smash Ultimate! Check latest post for details!

Ryannumber1gamer

On 11/11/2020 at 11:36 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Alright everyone, with the recent success of the Game Nights held during October, I've decided to relaunch Game Night as a regular weekly event once again! 

Every Sunday, a SSMB Game Night will be held where SSMB members can come along and play the games that are on offer that week! With the relaunch, there's going to be some minor changes.

Firstly, I've decided to make Super Smash Bros Ultimate a mainstay game during the first event. It's been a consistent hit during Game Night, and tends to be the game that most people come along to play, so Game Night from now on will kick off with Smash Ultimate at 9pm BST/4pm EST!

Following Smash is the Encore game. The game chosen for the Encore event will rotate out every week with other games, such as Overwatch, Crash Team Racing, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, and other such games. Free to Play games are also planned to be regularly rotated into the event to offer everyone a chance to join in! The new Encore time will be 12:30am BST/7:30pm EST.

Other than that, things are pretty much the same. Let me know if you're interested in playing, and I'll add you to the organisation PM where we make sure everyone's good to go before the night starts.

Finally, it's been decided that Game Night for the time being is going to be moved to Sunday nights, as to not conflict with Motobug streams on Saturdays. That said, I'll be keeping an eye to see how the new day goes for everyone, and can switch it to Friday, potentially if need be. We're also starting an hour earlier to expand the main event! So instead of the main event lasting two hours, it'll last three hours! (9pm - 12am BST/4pm - 7pm EST)

Anyways, when is the relaunch kicking off? Sunday November 15th 2020! From then on, we'll be doing Game Nights every Sunday, so be sure to keep an eye on this topic for that! 

So, with that all said, that just leaves this week's games! 

Mainstay Game: Super Smash Bros Ultimate - 9pm BST/4pm EST

Encore Game: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 12:30am BST/7:30pm EST

As usual, let me know if you wanna play!

I can join in for Smash, at least. Sadly can't play Mario Kart at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gonna go for a bit of a simpler night this week, and make it an extended Smash session! Join us from 9pm BST/4pm EST onwards for Smash Bros for both the main event, and Encore!

Alright, for this week’s Game Night, it’s Smash Ultimate as per usual at 9pm GMT/4pm EST, followed by Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fuelled at 12:30am GMT/7:30pm EST! Let me know if you wanna play!

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Alright, for this week’s Game Night, it’s Smash Ultimate as per usual at 9pm GMT/4pm EST, followed by Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fuelled at 12:30am GMT/7:30pm EST! Let me know if you wanna play!

I very much aim to play that day!

Just now, Angyu said:

I wanna play! How do I join in?

You'll be added to a general organisation PM where they'll be an invite sent out tomorrow or Sunday for Game Night's Discord channel. From there, I'll send you out my friend code, and you can join the arena as usual!

We're doing a encore this week! Join us for our usual three and a half hour session of Smash Ultimate at 9pm GMT/4pm EST, followed by a second round of Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fuelled on Switch at 12:30am GMT/7:30pm EST! Let me know if you wanna play!

• 2 weeks later...

Late announcement, but we’re doing an extended Smash session over the next two weeks to celebrate Sephiroth’s announcement and release! Let me know if you wanna play!

• 3 weeks later...

With Crash Team Racing Nitro Fuelled having a free trial for all Switch Online members from December 30th to January 5th (meaning it's completely F2P for a week for anyone with an online subscription), Game Night will be hosting it as our Encore Game this week!

So as usual, that's Smash Ultimate at 9pm GMT/4pm EST, to 12:30am GMT/7:30pm EST, and Crash Team Racing Nitro Fuelled from 7:30pm EST/12:30am GMT onwards! Let me know if you wanna play!

• 2 weeks later...

This week's Encore game is Splatoon 2 at 12:30am GMT/7:30pm EST! 

As usual, Smash is set at it's normal time at 9pm GMT/4pm EST, let me know if you wanna play!

Due to this week's Splatfest, Game Night is hosting a special double night this week! Join us on Saturday and Sunday for a double billing of Smash Ultimate at 9pm GMT/4pm EST, followed up by Splatoon 2 as our Encore title at 12:30am GMT/7:30pm EST!

Game Night's trying out a brand new game this week! We're playing Among Us as our Encore title at 7:30pm EST/12:30am GMT! The game is not only cross-platform with PC, Switch, and Mobile devices, but it's also incredibly cheap on PC/Switch ($5/£4), and completely free to play on Mobile devices (with ads)!

As usual, Smash Ultimate will be played beforehand, let me know if you wanna play! 

• 2 weeks later...

We're doing another week of Smash and Among Us! Let me know if you wanna play!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

We’re doing an extended Smash session this week, followed by a new Encore game next week! Give me a shout if you wanna play!

• 2 weeks later...

We’re doing another extended Smash session this week! In the coming weeks, we’ll be test driving a few more F2P games too, so keep an eye out for it!

This week for Game Night Encore at 12:30am GMT/7:30pm EST, we're bringing back an old classic - Pretend You're Xyzzy

For anyone who hasn't played it before, Pretend You're Xyzzy is a free to play browser game based on the popular card game - Cards Against Humanity - in which you're given a hand of cards with various phrases, while the CPU throws out a card with a sentence with a blank statement, and you use your cards to make the funniest sentence you can, decided by a judge who changes every hand. 

This one's an old classic, and it can run on practically anything, so be sure to come along and try it out with us! Let me know if you wanna play! 

We're giving Pretend You're Xyzzy (Cards Against Humanity Online) a second round this week, as well as our usual Smash session at 9pm GMT/4pm EST! Let me know if you wanna play!

• 2 weeks later...

We're doing another round of Cards Against Humanity this week, and then we'll doing a new game next week, let me know if you wanna play!

• 2 weeks later...

This week's Encore game at 8:30pm EST/12:30am GMT is Sketchful.io - A free to play browser game playable on PC, mobile and tablet. It's essentially just like Pictionary, where you're given a word to try and draw and everyone else has to try guess what it is. Let me know if you wanna play!

• 2 weeks later...

To celebrate the new map added to the game, this week's Encore game is Among Us! Let me know if you wanna play!

• 2 weeks later...

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fuelled is tomorrow's Encore game! We're playing both the PS4 and Switch versions, so let me know if you wanna play!

• Thumbs Up 1

Among Us is this week's Encore game! Join us at 12:30am GMT/7:30pm EST to play with us!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is this week’s Encore game! Let me know if you wanna play!

So, big update on Game Night - Smash will no longer be a mainstay game. Instead, we'll be opening up both the main Game Night slot, and the Encore slots for voting, with the two highest games being played every weekend. 

With this, Game Night also has a new list of games! Here's the full current list!

• Splatoon 2 (Switch)
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
  • Among Us (PC, Mobile, Switch)
  • Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fuelled (PS4/Switch)
  • Overwatch (PS4)
  • Pretend You're Xyzzy (F2P, Browser)
  • Sketchful.Io (F2P, Browser)
  • Smash Ultimate (Switch
  • Team Fortress 2 (F2P, PC)
  • Brawlhalla (F2P, Multiple consoles with cross-platform play)
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Switch) (Co-Op)
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch) (Co-Op)
  • Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games (Switch)
  • Team Sonic Racing (Switch/PS4)
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch)
  • Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch)
  • Pac-Man 99 (Switch)

There's also several games planned in the future, including Super Mario Party, TMNT Shredder's Revenge, Monster Hunter Rise, and more! If you wanna vote, feel free to drop your game votes in this thread!