Awoo.

Sonic Origins - A 2D Animation Project

Crim Da

'Lo, all. Been a while.

Some time ago I posted on here about a game project I'd been working on. That kinda... got put on the backburner and I've decided to do an animation project to fill the time. It's gotten to that stage where I needed voice talent so I can start working on it in more detail, so! 

I just wanted to pop in and invite people to go try out: https://www.castingcall.club/projects/project-origins-animation

project_origins_auditions_promo_by_crimd

Summary of the project so you don't have to click the link:

This is a 2D hand-drawn animation based on the reboot of the Sonic Archie Series. It's going to focus on the Freedom Fighters when they are young and just getting started out. Think like the flashback in Issue 277 (I like to think about it around the time of Sonic CD, but timelines. What are those.) Right now, I'm going to focus on creating one episode. If it goes over well, I'll try and do more.

I have a couple people that we're trying to get from the Gaming industry for the two lead roles--one has given a tentative yes, but nothing is official yet. So! Go fourth!

Or ask questions here that works too. 

• Thumbs Up 2

This sounds fun! I would love to audition! But yeah I don't have the best audio equipment so I'll see if I can borrow some!

I'd love to audition, but I'm more extra material. Maybe I can toss in an audition for Chuck while I'm at it. I've been surprisingly good at old man voices for some reason.

I'll be honest, I know nothing about the specifics when it comes to sound. So I don't really have any specific qualifications for mics or audio. My only requirement is that I need to be able to hear people clearly and without noise. And, as mentioned in the ad, if the role calls for something specific in the line (distortion, leveling, adjusting the clipping levels, etc..) I don't have the equipment to do that. So I would like it if the person in that role could do that and I would just tip 'em a bit extra for the time and effort. 

Also, for those who like some visuals, I made these couple model sheets to give a glimpse into the quality I'm going for:

project_origins___sonic_model_sheet_by_c

project_origins___sally_acorn_model_shee

I might tweak 'em a bit after a draw them a few hundred times, but I think for the most part these should work! 

• Thumbs Up 4

All right! A few more model sheets for ya:

project_origins___amy_rose_model_sheet_b
project_origins___sally_acorn_model_shee
project_origins___antoine_model_sheet_by

If you wanna follow, there is a Tumblr and Twitter as well:

Twitter.com/sonicoriginsdev

The site has also been updated to match. http://www.hydrocity.zone

So yeah... waiting on the music guy to finish trailer music and so I can start doing cool stuffs... but have this in the meantime.
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 9 months later...

Geeze, it’s been a while. I forgot to update this.

Anywho, I posted on the tail end of 2016 for some voice auditions for an animation project I was working on.  I figured I would pop by and give some updates...hopefully bumping a beyond-dated thread isn't annoying. I figured it would be better than just continually making them. :B ( I’ve been updating the site and Tumblr pages regularly, tho. If you want some more stuff you can always poke them.   Here's the Tumblr , Twitter or the Site.)

First of all, the voice cast! I would rather not waste time listing names, so have a video to list them! (You can also sub to the Youtube channel there if you want. My Mic isn't quite up to snuff to make video updates.. though I'm working on it.)

I’ve got a majority of the voices for the trailer and first episode.  There’s still a few things I’m missing voice-wise. But hopefully I’ll have them by time they’re needed.

Second of all, the animation! I’ve got most of the trailer finished.  The trailer is a couple scenes and a good few comp sessions away from being done. On other social platforms, I’ve posted some screenshots, so you guys get some screenshots as well. As well as a snippet of actual animation. I can give you all some WIP shots if you want to see them, but they're not as pretty.

sonic_origins_still_frame_3_by_crimda-dbd0pfi.thumb.png.40f8e928fc1bc0876cf90b69bd110247.pngsonic_origins_still_frame_4_by_crimda-dbfk3cc.thumb.png.f0520edf9f27bbac7549d4f2806e64e4.pngsonic_origins_still_frame_5_by_crimda-dbgj1gc.thumb.png.2a444c8576ed38e63c78f07987c1df4a.pngshot9_by_crimda-dbjfr81.thumb.gif.5a42173cf7cebf6c1036f50fc324dca1.gif

sonic_origins_trailer_frame_2_by_crimda-db7xndl.thumb.png.1f2d4fc3f6910d236f197db4b44e98de.pngasa.thumb.png.81ab443b3e43a69505952929301470a8.png

I'll pop back in to announce a trailer release or just.. up and post the trailer here when it's finished. Whichever strikes me. After the trailer Is done and released, I can get back to the animatic and start animating that out.

/wanders oooofffff.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I kinda crawled into my animating abyss for a while. But! I have finished the trailer for this animation project just in time for the new comic hype train. If you're curious, you can take a peek at it:

You can also follow the project on that same Youtube channel or on Tumblr or Twitter.

Thanks! I'll have more content soonish. like storyboards and maybe some unused content.
  • Thumbs Up 1