Awoo.

Sonic: Project Survival

Tracker_TD

3 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

stuff

This game is fantastic. Between this, Green Hill Paradise (Final Mix) and Sonic vs Darkness, this is a top contender for my favorite fangame this showing. Top tier stuff!

Sonic Mania is gonna overshadow it like the Superbowl overshadows a chess tournament, that still doesn't make P.Survival any less awesome as a fan game. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

This is really good. I like the hub world, character interactions, and the time of day visibly changing with each act, the level design feels very Sonic 2-y, being focused on speed while not being too linear or shallow despite being the first zone, and Sonic feels like how should in a game like this. The only technical issue is that there are moments where directional inputs just stop registering for a second.

Spoiler

Nice meme at the end of Act 3 by the way, much appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got a lot of good things to say about this one.

The controls for Sonic are pitch perfect and so is the level design which means this is already a perfectly good fangame on it's own, but each act has it's own gimmick and aesthetic details to make all of them stand out. The hub world with other was also a nice touch. If this level of variety and creativity could be kept up for the entire game, we might have another ATS tier classic on our hands. Excellent work.

• Thumbs Up 2

This one's pretty good, the music and overall presentation I got from the demo was delightful (I love the Hub and 2nd Act themes).

Though I'm not sure why Sonic moves really slow on my PC or the game in that matter (The rest of my whining in the spoilers)

Spoiler

And I did play on Admin mode with Win7/XP compatibility (Running Win8.1), and most programs closed, not sure what more I could do to make it run smoother.

That did improve the frame-rate, though everything moves in slow-motion ..? The only parts to run smooth as they should were the intro, menu and hub..Huh.

I'm still going to try and find a way to run it better, I really want try it without anything getting in the way.

Besides that, I can see having a blast with this!

I had some issues with running it as well, but then that permeated across all games; all I can suggest is either restarting your PC, or switching off Windows 8 mode in Options if it's on. Fixed it for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just played it. Controls are good. Feels very much like Sonic 2 in how Sonic moves and how the acts flow. I like the use of the Marble Garden inspired background. Also, I can't help but smile every-time I see the Sonic 2 beta blue & red running animation thanks to it's inclusion in Mania.

The water sections were really cool. Act 2&3 had good enemy and obstacle placement, slightly better than act1. The hub world and dialogue from Tails, Knuckles & Amy was a nice touch.

I'm impressed. Will definitely play this again. It's shaping up to be a really nice fangame.

While I may be in the case of not feeling particularly hype overall about 2d classic fan titles these days (common reasoning being over-saturation yadda yadda stuff like that) this one is a pleasant surprise. Presentation and music are joys to experience, gameplay is what I expected based on the source  so it's not something that wows me that much. With that said it has something that the After the Sequel has that made me hooked to it in the first place, so I hope this makes it to a finished product.

Great level design, gimmicks that fit in a Sonic game, great music, sublime sprite-work, and controls as smooth as butter. This one stood out alot to me.

Also, at the end of the credits, It's revealed that the game will be called Sonic Diamond Island.