Awoo.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Fall 2017 PS4/Xbone

Badnik Mechanic

2016-10-1814_58_14-roixstx.png

Red Dead Redemption 2 will release worldwide in Fall 2017 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems.

An epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland, the game's vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire

No PC version announced... yet.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'll remain curious, but if it still retains Rockstar's typical pitfalls (slow and clumsy movement mechanics, absurd animation priority, the ridiculous auto aim, ultra-strict mission structure with no room for deviation), then I'll likely pass on this. I'm a bit more forgiving of the first RDR then RS's other games due to how much I liked the setting, but I'm not gonna give this the same pass if the same old problems persist. Just the act of being a character in their worlds is an exercise in itself.

Can't wait. Really liked the first one, so I'm hoping to like this one as much.

That said, I honestly kinda wanted a Bully sequel more than this game. That game was the shit back then.

Man, does it say something about me if I was incredibly excited for this until I read that there's no PC version announced yet... even though I have both a PS4 and One? Damn, I've been converted big time.

Anyways, here's hoping it's as highly praised as the first one. I haven't actually played through it yet but I have had fun with it over at some of my friend's places. Crossing both fingers that a PC version is announced along with a remastered first one so that I can catch up.

57 minutes ago, Strickerx5 said:

Man, does it say something about me if I was incredibly excited for this until I read that there's no PC version announced yet... even though I have both a PS4 and One? Damn, I've been converted big time.

Anyways, here's hoping it's as highly praised as the first one. I haven't actually played through it yet but I have had fun with it over at some of my friend's places. Crossing both fingers that a PC version is announced along with a remastered first one so that I can catch up.

I'm sure if you heard someone talking about the first one, they may get a little bit confused between the first Red Dead game, or the second Red Dead game (Red Dead Redemption 1).

I'm pretty hyped. Redemption is one of my favorite open world games. Disappointed at the initial lack of a PC version but I'm thinking we'll see one down the line since GTA:V was so successful on Steam. That, and Rockstar knows they'll get the double dipper crowd. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn it Rockstar, naming it Red Dead Redemption 2 made us, who knew this is actually the third Red Dead, look stupid. ? Every news site was calling it Redemption 2, like Revolver never existed... Now they're right! I would've preferred another tittle starting with "R", like Revenge, Renegade... Moving on.

Anyways, I'm excited as hell, I loved both games, Redemption more. IMO, I find more enjoyement in Red Dead than GTA, mostly because I prefer the natural and untammed than the blocky and busy cities. Redemption had deserts, forests, snow mountains, it's too cool and nothing looks the same.

And perhaps the reason why they're calling it Redemption 2, I think we might take control of Jack once again.

Was there ever any reason why RDR was never put on PC? Like, every other major Rockstar game is there, it's a weird omission.

That said, pretty glad this is happening - it can't really be a sequel, as by then you'd be a cowboy in the 1910's/1920's and that would be getting a bit strange, to say nothing of that being a major theme of Redemption (The west dying out, no place for people like John any more, etc).

That and I hated his kid - I loved the ending, but it pretty much ruined any motivation to dick around in the open world after the credits rolled.

Another story set in the same universe though? Sign me up.

16 hours ago, Hyp3hat said:

Was there ever any reason why RDR was never put on PC? Like, every other major Rockstar game is there, it's a weird omission.

They've admitted that the way the game was coded was a complete mess, so a port is essentially impossible.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

They've admitted that the way the game was coded was a complete mess, so a port is essentially impossible.

To add to this, several reports I've seen mentioned the game being held together by "digital duct tape" when describing how poorly programmed it was. 

Definitely hoping this new game comes to PC at some point but I'm content playing on consoles like I did with the original. 

I wasn't up to date on the Red Dead sleuthing, but people appear to have identified at least three of RDR's key characters in the teaser image:

CvDTzvUXEAAqQyD.jpg:large

MTQyMzI4Njk2NDI5MDk0NzQy.jpg 

Some people are saying it might be a prequel, when John was still a part of Dutch's gang. So it could be true that these sillhouetes are who they appear to be.

I imagine so, yeah. It's been the popular rumour for a long while now. Wasn't there a even a (allegedly leaked) map floating around to go with it?

Yes, and that map put Black Water on the bottom left and expanded upon it (in Redemption 1, BW was the farest location at the top right). I dunno what to think, a prequel can be nice, and I bet we're not gonna be stuck with John, but other members too. Expect the real time swaping mechanic from GTA V to return, perhaps more than just 3 characters to pick from.

To be honest, I don't think the character-swapping mechanic would fit Red Dead Redemption nearly as well as it fit GTA5. RDR is much more character-focused.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 10 months later...

Here we are, with our protagonist. It's a shame he looks so much like every other male character out there, but I can't not get excited to learn more about a new RDR.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...